Denied ERT SCALING

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

civilconflic

Feb 22, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This suggestion is about the scaling of ert. I feel that they spawn too many when it's a low population in the server or unneeded. They should also spawn with less health and less shield than usual. Today I and 076 breached. we are both low and ert gets called. About 6 of them and 2 of us. they also have nerve gas bombs and other items that aren't needed to kill us. I feel it's unfair that we can't do anything about it either.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Easier to have a successful breach

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Just ert complaining if they are killed

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I feel this is just a basic need for the server as it is important to be able to play as an SCP happily. I wasn't breached for more than 20 minutes before being attacked by ert with 10,000 health and losing it in less than 20 seconds. Quickest cuff I have ever experienced. Just to be fair to the scraps as they have health scaling depending on the population so should the ert as well as weapon scaling. They shouldn't need auger miniguns when there are 30 people on the server I couldn't get a single kill after hitting them so many times as 7722 and got cuffed super quickly. They blitzed health and shield.

Babalowa

May 17, 2022
With the state of CI and how easy it is to breach SCP's there are more code blacks than usually and ERT is a must and sometime isnt enough sometimes. Just because you got contained easily doesnt mean they need nerfed. ERT tbh are really easy to kill when there are 2 or more SCP's

Biscuits

Jan 2, 2023
ERT has been described as a "soft-reset", as in the server needs RP restored without a "hard-reset" nuke.
They're is overpowered because they're meant to be overpowered, it does not need changing. Cope suggestion.

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
Literally any ERT nerf isnt needed unless it's something unintended.

Ert is the final measure before nuke.

All there over powered shit is supposed to he there.

-support

Moxxie

Jul 17, 2022
ERT is quite literally "be overpowered to prevent a nuke/foundation wipe"

They whole job is to be hard to combat as SCP

Archangel

Civil Gamers Expert
Sep 21, 2021
-Support

The Emergency Response Teams are designed and made to combat SCP Breaches that have been deemed too hard to contain or too catastrophic, They are the last option before a site nuke and often are really good at their job, 95% of all breaches ERT Responds to, are contained and dealt with before RTB'ing.

civilconflic

Feb 22, 2023
I feel the dependency on them is too much though. For two SCPS not wreaking havoc resulted in 6 ert with full hp and armor. I get it's a soft reset but it should just be a last resort honestly. Yes, I understand it's an attempt to stop the nuke but you have to understand. I have watched ert stop 008 049 682 type greens and 7722 all at once. In situations like that yes, the over-the-top amount of power is necessary. But when there are 40 people on the server and 2 sips that aren't even worth ert it wasn't worth it to drop 6 ert full health and armor on them. it doesn't always have to be a soft reset. I feel it should depend on the situation. You guys are saying this is a cope suggestion. But you are all most likely saying this because you Don't understand how over the top it is. especially when you're playing as an SCP. This isn't a cope suggestion it's just factual and you guys aren't comprehending it how it should be comprehended. IT SHOULDNT ALWAYS BE A SOFT RESET BUT MORE OF A LAST RESORT

civilconflic

Feb 22, 2023
Not to mention most of you aren't giving good replies because you most likely enjoy the powetrip you have as an ERT. Yes, I understand thats literally the point but I think they are over the top when it comes to certain scps. It is used more as a crutch than an actual last resort. its deployed when people get annoyed of having scps breached so they can continue the usual schedule. Sometimes it's not even needed but still used just because. I'm most positive so many breaches could have been dealt with without ERT. It is used too frequently for almost every good breach now. It's unlikely you make it to the front gate without ert being deployed and fucking you up. I'm just suggesting that it shouldn't be used as much and if it's a lower-class breach then they should have less gear and health as usual. But alot of the time they are deployed just due to the annoyance of not being able to do things as normal.

civilconflic

Feb 22, 2023
ERT has been described as a "soft-reset", as in the server needs RP restored without a "hard-reset" nuke.
They're is overpowered because they're meant to be overpowered, it does not need changing. Cope suggestion.
They are considered a soft reset and are used to prevent a nuke but even just the nuke is unneeded on multiple occasions. Or right before it's too late to turn off the nuke the SCPS are contained. It's just used as a constant crutch to get everything over with. Im sure you can understand that
Multiple people are claiming this is a "cope suggestion" no it's just genuine. I feel too many times breaches are too close to being contained but because ERT died we need an automatic nuke. Combatives can still combat the breach and possibly resolve it. but Its usually just an instant nuke. Consider the turrents and lots of other things that can be used to slow them down from getting to the surface even if the last push doesn't work.
therefore still enough time for the nuke/a hard reset. But nuke and ERT are relied on too much and I feel it should be a LAST LAST resort

civilconflic

Feb 22, 2023
With the state of CI and how easy it is to breach SCP's there are more code blacks than usually and ERT is a must and sometime isnt enough sometimes. Just because you got contained easily doesnt mean they need nerfed. ERT tbh are really easy to kill when there are 2 or more SCP's
Im saying depending on the scps though. ERT's main job is to suppress chaotic situations that threaten the foundation. The situation was being contained enough by combative's in general. For them to swoop in and end such a good run in 20 seconds is just unfair. Not to mention I wasn't the only one complaining as well as other people thought that was unnecessary.

Boris Johnson

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
May 24, 2023
-Support

It's always going to be harder breaching in the morning due to not having 60+ people on to use your tool; ERT is there just to prevent constant nukes; you are low because you choose to go out and get yourself low. I know from experience that when I get to a certain health percentage, I head back to HCZ and wait for ERT, I find that better overall instead of getting constantly peppered by the same people over and over again.

Wonka

Donator
Jul 29, 2022
Bro thinks this is a breach RP server.

-support fuck off with your ERT nerfs already

Skittles

Donator
Oct 20, 2022
-Support
ERT is meant to be overpowered. Your SCP breach isn't meant to go on forever and cause a nuke every time.

Otters

Administrator
Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Resources Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
-Support

Ah yes, lets nerf ERT because I was breached and ERT fucked me over.

Also, define a "successfull" breach for me in your eyes, killing 100 people? Escaping to surface? If you didn't get to surface before ERT got called, it wouldn't have made much of an impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.