Status
Not open for further replies.

Biscuit

Feb 7, 2022
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:64483763
Discord name: Biscuit#0001
For how long have you played on CG SCP:
1646773815213.png

(My vTime's bugged, but it's most likely 2 weeks now)

In what country are you located?: Slovenia
Time zone: GMT+1 (CET)
Character name(s): MTF O-1 LT [REDACTED] 'Lexington' Green, Oliver Green
Civilian name: Rodney Woods
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP UK
Do you have a mic?: Yes.

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
- MTF Omega-1
- SCP-096
- Ethics Committee Assistant

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?: None.

What Ethics Committee role are you applying for, and why:
Ethics Committee Member, I've spent a good week within the position as an Assistant with the previous intent to step up to a full-time Ethics Committee Member position once I am fully prepared. I believe that the time has finally rolled around for me to throw my hat in the ring for a full-time Ethics Committee position. I've spent a lot of time since the start of when I joined getting to know the roots within the community and I've finally gotten much more of a grasp to be able to commit full-time within an SCP Command Position.

This is the hardest position that I have applied for, not as a challenge but as a motivation. The Ethics Committee Team holds such high professional standards. Knowing and understanding them is an essential part of being apart of the team. So for me this is the hardest milestone to achieve, since I know that being part of The Ethics Team is a very hard position to achieve and be part of especially with the professional ethics that come with being part of the division. From the start of my days within the Community I have always wanted to be part of something larger, some place where I can actually make commitments and changes for the Community, I never imagined myself as a SCP Command at the very early start of my career since at the time I have started small doing small things on the server such as running around as a Class D member, looking at the way the server functions completely excited at every prospect, running within the community, I decided to put in time a Internal Affairs Position, this is also how I got recognized to be invited into an Omega-1 position and once I have transferred I have put forward lots of achievements and goals for myself, whilst many of them achieved, I still have yet to achieve one, that is to achieve the position as a SCP Command Member.

I have always been open to new achievements and accomplishments and this is one of the bigger ones that I have always wished to achieve, most of the time I spend on this community is improving myself so that I can be a better version of myself the next day and hopefully even a best version of myself if I get the position. I have never considered it as a "power" position, but I've always considered it as a position that gives you the ability to assist the community by a specific means of ways, this is a position that has always motivated me to take huge steps within the community, as it comes to the means of ranking up, the ability to conquer and and face all my challenges and fears within the community this is one of the positions that I've always wished to be apart of.

What makes you the best candidate for the Ethics Committee?:
As I stated in my previous application, I am never going to consider myself as the best candidate, simply put, there may be other candidates that are way much better then me. So I'm not gonna repeat everything that I've stated in my previous application, however, I will state out two of my qualities that stand out in my personality.

Professionalism - As I've already previously explained, professionalism is key when it comes to primarily communicating with people. Saying a sentence in a wrong way that can be understood by someone in an unprofessional manner or worse-- offensive manner. Within the key of professionalism, you also have to hold yourself on an unbias opinion when it comes to handling for any issues or reviewing certain things. When conveying information, you should also use proper punounciation to avoid looking unprofessional. For example, no capitalization and no use of commas or periods can often be mistaken as rude sounding to someone when speaking to them in a professional environment. That is why in that case exactly, you should use proper capitalization when for example, handling documents, talking in Comms or answering people's concerns. For example; Imagine how this application would look like if I didn't use any proper capitalization or didn't bother with grammar 101. I'd not only look unprofessional for the position but up-and-up a very weird application. And whilst I do believe that there are some instances where you can show yourself as unprofessional when you just want to mess around with someone that understands that the environment is no longer professional and that is quite important to note, you are still required to to be able to differentiate when to be professional and when not to be professional, which can be perceived as difficult to some people.

Dedication - For you to be part of any team, you must have dedication towards it. If you join part of ethics just for the benefits of it, then your work is going to be sloppy, you aren't exactly going to be happy whilst working as a Ethics Member and even worse-- You won't be a great addition to the team. So to actually be willingly part of a team, you must have dedication to the community that means putting aside your own personal free time with potentially no free gain at all, you must be willing to acknowledge and be happy with the fact that you are doing it for the benefit of the community not the benefit of yourself. And most importantly, when you actually have real dedication to a position, it's fun! It doesn't become a nescience and you are fully willing to continue your work to benefit the community.

What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee in RP?:
The Foundation has created two branches, the O-5 Council and The Ethics Committee, whilst the O-5 council were created for the purpose of judging what is and isn't safe, and that's a vital and important function. The Ethics Committee, on the other hand, are the ones who advise the O5s on what is and is not acceptable. That's the very short and brink explanation of what the responsibilities are of the Ethics Committee, of course, there's a longer more extended explanation of what they actually do. Here's a full list of duties, from what I gathered within my time as an O-1 Operative and whilst observing the Ethics Committee first-hand within their duties by priority;

1 - Enforcing & Upkeeping the Code of Ethics - An Internal Affairs Agent's job is to uphold the Code of Ethics. A Ethics Committee Member's job is to enforce it. There's a huge difference between the two terms, the former has the ability to work around the current set precedents of the Code of Ethics and ensure others are following those precedents whilst the latter has the ability to create new precedents and in a sense, enforce older precedents, be it in the form of tribunals or arrests.

2 - Running Departmental Inspections - Primarily (but not limited to) the Departments of Medicine and Internal Affairs, are subject to department reviews and inspections ran by the Ethics Committee, to not only ensure the ethicality of the department, but ensuring the quality and presentation of the department is in it's highest standards.

3 - Overseeing an MTF Regiment - The Ethics Committee is directly in command of the Omega-1 MTF Regiment, whilst not in direct control over the promotions, the training and the actual considered members, the Ethics Committee is responsible with tasking the MTF Regiment with orders and responsible with providing general roleplay for the regiment.

4 - General Site Command - The Ethics Committee also takes the role in Site Command Duties, which ranges from enabling tesla gates to authorizing CI raids, Authorizing Enhanced Armory and participating in Nuke Detonation votes. As well as of course, overseeing the day-to-day duties within the facility.

Whilst there is so many more tasks that the Ethics Committee can be directly responsible for, these are the primary four tasks that you are expected to handle part of Ethics Committee.

What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee out of RP (e.g. what applications do they handle?):
Their primary duty, of course, covers all the basics of running the Ethics Committee in and by itself, which means keeping the Code of Ethics up-to-date with the newest standards, rules and regulations. This of course boils down to basic document creation, management and administration, to ensure the rosters, documents and other paperwork is properly kept.

Ethics will also, be responsible, for establishing new regulations, which usually boils down to meetings with the rest of the committee to establish the language of these new regulations and to vote on these new regulations.

Their other duties, of course, also include the handling of applications, primarily voting on applications (internally) of;
- Internal Affairs Applications (Mutually with O-5)
- Department of Medicine (Mutually with O-5)
- Ethics Committee Assistant

Their final responsibility also lays down ensuring the general quality of MTF Regiments, which means overseeing certain MTF Regiments in an OOC manner, particularly Omega-1, ensuring their members are kept up-to-quality and up-to-standard.

Please give some lore about your Ethics Committee character and what storylines they would be involved in:
** SCP PERSONNEL FILE - CL4 REQUIRED **
** UNREDACTED SCP PERSONNEL FILE - CL5 REQUIRED **
(( Similar to my assistant application, this is just for maximum realism. I'm the original author of these documents, this time I included 2 documents, one is a CL4 document, as-if a continuation of the last one, which will have heavily redacted parts, to make sense of these new additions, I've added a CL5 document as well! Hope you like the read! ))

Thorgrim

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 19, 2021
+Support
+Relatively Active In-Game/TS

+Previous experience due to being Assistant/O1
+Well written application
+Have known him since his start in O1, and know exactly how competent he is.
Good Luck Lexington

Irish

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 23, 2021
+Support
+
Extremely Active
+ Assistant experience
+ O-1 Experience
+ Well known

Deleted member 55

Untitled (3) (5).png

The Ethics Committee Verdict Report
REGARDING: Oliver Green's application for a position on The Ethics Committee.
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Thank you for showing your interest in the position for The Ethics Committee, the committee is in agreeance that you are suited to be on The Ethics Committee. However, you will be put on a trial period for the position. Please contact me on Teamspeak once you're ready for your interview.

Once again, The Ethics Committee appreciates the time and effort you put into your application and congratulate you on your new position within the facility.

Signed and Approved
1642864831907.png

Director of the Ethics Committee.​

Status
Not open for further replies.