Content that has been partially accepted
Status
Not open for further replies.

MLGMagicHoodini

Aug 23, 2023
Portugal
www.youtube.com
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
1 - Drones show the owner (easier to spot if friendly or enemy)
2 - Cooldown for Drones
3 - Changes for all Drones

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Don't believe so, but I made a suggestion to change drones before already, and got accepted, this is a addition, and more in depth, seeing how more time has passed since they were added

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
+ Better use of Drones
+ More fun battles
+ Easier time spotting drones

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- None?
- Nothing bad I can think of?

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Point 1
Right now, I don't think NWO or NATO Drones have differences, appart from Drone Type, but a IVG Bomb Drone will be exact copy of ISAF Bomb Drone, so either having the name of the person showing when we look at it, or a "skin" difference would help know when to shoot down or not
Point 2
Everyone knows the drones can be pretty annoying, especially Bomb and Pistol ones, so adding a cooldown to them, would significantly reduce this annoyance, the timer I'll leave it to SL, and Devs to figure it out, but around 10mins (like Rallies), or 5mins would be good enough
Point 3 (And Biggest, please don't ask for a separate post)
Pistol Drone Changes
- Reload System: Make it so the Pistol Drones from RMP/AOR COL, needs to reload after certain amount of bullets have been fired, it's pretty weird, how it can fire infinite, and never run out
- Slower Move Speed: The drones are already hard to hit from far since they are tiny, and especially since this is GMOD and not Source2 or any other engine, increasing the size/hitbox would help, but dodging would still be easy with this I move to a new point
- Firing Mode: Like the Transport Drone, the pistol drone should have a flying and firing mode, while flying, the gun is disabled, faster move speed, when in Firing Mode, the gun is enabled, but the move speed is reduced
- Damage Decrease: 20 Damage per shot, is still too much, and seeing how it's a drone, that can get close, and barely miss any shots, makes it easy kill someone, before getting killed, making it 10 per shot would make it better, this would make it a lot worse, but keep in mind, Drones aren't suppose be the alternative, or main thing during a war, ground combat should be the main interest
Bomb Drone Changes
- Bigger Fuse: Right now the time to explode is 1 second (more or less), this gives the person 0 time to react and run away, unless they notice the drone in time, but even then, if it detonates, it will still damage the person heavily, making it 2.5s or 3s could make it a lot better
- Louder or Consistent Sound: The Bomb drone like any other drones is hard to spot, and when in bushes and etc, even worse, so having it beep louder when detonating, or while flying beep all the time, like a C4, it would make it easier to spot
Transport Drone Changes
- Carry More: Allow the Transport Drone, to able pick up Ammo Boxes, C4s, Proxies, TACs, and more, right now I don't see how the Transport Drone can be used really? So having it pick up some useful items would be helpful, and it keeps the realism since Ukraine is using the Drone dropping bombs strat currently

Medic Drone Changes
- More Healing: Currently the Medic Drone does 5 Healing per click (unsure about cooldown), while this may seem like a lot, it's still barely any, since most guns do 30+ Damage, allowing it to heal 10, or 12.5 would make it better, and if needed increase slightly the cooldown
- Bandage/Other Thing Supply: Like most drones that feature a 2nd ability, letting the Medic Drone, give people Field Kit stuff, such as bandages, would be good, when pressing the opposite button (to healing one), it could give 1 Healing thing, or 1 Bandage, (Healing takes priority over bandage, so if 0 Healing and 0 Bandage, person would get 1 Healing, and if 1 Healing and 0 Bandage, then they would get 1 Bandage)

Taser Drone Changes
- Bean Bag Ability: Like RMP/AOR, having it shoot a bean bag alongside the taser, would add more uses to it
- Siren/Lights: I mean, since this is a RP Only Drone, and can't be used outside, having this wouldn't be a big problem, and just fun to see, a little drone with lights or siren going around

Spy Drone Changes
- "Lion's Scan": Second ability to the Spy drone, allow it to track someone if they move, like the Lion scan from R6s, but to make it less OP, and unlike a UAV, the way it could work is, if u see a enemy, u can press right click/left, and the drone would follow that person all the time, while spotting them (this would only show for the drone owner, in the f4 map), this could be used in vehicles too, to keep track of vehicles, the following system could work, so depending on where thedrone is, is the position it's gone folllow, E.g: If the drone is directly above the target, it would follow always above him, if the drone was behind the target, at 45º Incline, it woul always follow from behind, at that angle

Golden Drone Changes (AKA Inactive User Drone)
- Cap Starter: Concept only, allow the drone to start a cap by itself, while this may be really op, keep in mind, it would only start, not count towards the cap rate, only affect this could have is if u have a lot people on point, but can't reach cap radio, the radio could attempt go there, and help start the cap
- Mobile Spawn Point: Like the Transport Drone, there could be a toggle to turn it into a spawn point, but while in Spawn Point mode, it won't be able to move, and also blink a light or beep, kinda like a TAC, seeing how it's golden, it would make it much easier to spot and since low HP, easier to kill

Upvote 0

drako dormus

Game Master
Game Master
Oct 1, 2021
-support

so for point 1+ support

point 2-3 -support

pistol drone is already rare becaus it only has 4 people be able to use it even if we use it we actualy need to be pretty close to it becaus how our much shorter our range is. the slower movement would make it realy easy to hit a drone during combat if this would be implemented it would be more fair that all drones would be slow not only the gundrone who is used by a reg without any real combat abilities exept shield.
nerfing damadge for "not missing shots" is kind of weird it is saying nerf lets say the kbar becaus he ain't missing his shots no the gundrone actualy already has a decend spread aswell as a cirkel as a crosshair. also even if we hit sometimes it doesnt registrate

bomb drone
remove the noice but make it a tad bit longer fuse or half the range like the gundrone would seem more fair i would say,

Tazerdrone

AOR doesn't use it mainly becaus it is slower then running and use the tazer or beanbag shoty so make it a bit faster that would make it better,

spy drone: yes and no i would make it a small pocket uav (like not even a square big)

Your main problem is that gundrone hit reg is still kind of broken not becaus one drone is op , some of the drones are bad in some situations then others like gundrone is good in cqb area's like FA and others are good in more open (bomb)

may i say that i do see this more as a noo i got killed by x drone nerf pls suggestion so sorry for my weird typing.

your scentence that drones aren't the alternative for wars then ground yes and no having atleast 2 people on drones is good for callouts aswell as giving support , going inf ground it sometimes feels the same so having fun with drones could be a good alternative.

ya also need to think if ya make them easier to spot is it good to slow them down ? not realy becaus it would make it to ez to shoot down. why do drones get hit multiple shots now is mainly becaus hitreg

Bobby1

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 8, 2021
+support
Drones are pretty powerful at the moment as they for some reason take multiple shots to down and are very hard to spot, these changes would balance these out
Also
Fuck cores bomb drones?

Reactions: MLGMagicHoodini

Jacub

Developer
Developer
Programming Team
Jan 21, 2022
able pick up Ammo Boxes, C4s, Proxies, TACs
Transport drone can already carry Ammo Boxes, and TACs.

Spy Drone Changes
- "Lion's Scan": Second ability to the Spy drone, allow it to track someone if they move, like the Lion scan from R6s, but to make it less OP, and unlike a UAV, the way it could work is, if u see a enemy, u can press right click/left, and the drone would follow that person all the time, while spotting them (this would only show for the drone owner, in the f4 map), this could be used in vehicles too, to keep track of vehicles, the following system could work, so depending on where thedrone is, is the position it's gone folllow, E.g: If the drone is directly above the target, it would follow always above him, if the drone was behind the target, at 45º Incline, it woul always follow from behind, at that angle
The spy drone is supposed to be a stealthier version of the Basic Drone, used by special forces during missions for intelligence gathering. It already has the ability to cloak, which also decreases the sound by a lot.

MLGMagicHoodini

Aug 23, 2023
Portugal
www.youtube.com
-support

so for point 1+ support

point 2-3 -support

pistol drone is already rare becaus it only has 4 people be able to use it even if we use it we actualy need to be pretty close to it becaus how our much shorter our range is. the slower movement would make it realy easy to hit a drone during combat if this would be implemented it would be more fair that all drones would be slow not only the gundrone who is used by a reg without any real combat abilities exept shield.
nerfing damadge for "not missing shots" is kind of weird it is saying nerf lets say the kbar becaus he ain't missing his shots no the gundrone actualy already has a decend spread aswell as a cirkel as a crosshair. also even if we hit sometimes it doesnt registrate

bomb drone
remove the noice but make it a tad bit longer fuse or half the range like the gundrone would seem more fair i would say,

Tazerdrone

AOR doesn't use it mainly becaus it is slower then running and use the tazer or beanbag shoty so make it a bit faster that would make it better,

spy drone: yes and no i would make it a small pocket uav (like not even a square big)

Your main problem is that gundrone hit reg is still kind of broken not becaus one drone is op , some of the drones are bad in some situations then others like gundrone is good in cqb area's like FA and others are good in more open (bomb)

may i say that i do see this more as a noo i got killed by x drone nerf pls suggestion so sorry for my weird typing.

your scentence that drones aren't the alternative for wars then ground yes and no having atleast 2 people on drones is good for callouts aswell as giving support , going inf ground it sometimes feels the same so having fun with drones could be a good alternative.

ya also need to think if ya make them easier to spot is it good to slow them down ? not realy becaus it would make it to ez to shoot down. why do drones get hit multiple shots now is mainly becaus hitreg
Even tho the pistol drone is locked to 4 people max, doesn't make it open to be OP, a lot of people complained, not only me, and the fact u went massively positive with KD, shows that Gun Drone can be quite OP

The range on Bomb Drone is fine, since it's more or less a driveable grenade, and removing the noise would make it much harder to spot, even with a longer fuse, would make it hard run away, if u didn't hear it

I mean, depends really, I don't feel like the Drone should be used to replace a chase, nobody is gone stop chasing, to deploy a drone to get the person running away, you would use it for example, if they are on a roof or something, and u trying get there but can't u would tase/bean bag him, and then push him and arrest, I see the Taser drone as a way to prevent RMP/AOR getting killed in the line of action, same way that Police irl sometimes uses "drones" to defuse bombs

It would work like a Small Pocket UAV, since right now, it's more like a basic drone that goes invisible only

Even with bigger hit reg, during BR for example, it's gone be impossible hit it almost I feel like, and I feel like that's other way around, bomb drone is more useful, and better in closed off areas, since more enemies in a smaller space, means more kills, while pistol drone, can be used to kill snipers hiding away, and more

I won't deny that's one of the reasons for me making this, but not only that, but a lot of people have complained, especially today, and I do always felt that some drones are not that useful since start

Yes, I agree with that, but at same time, I notice people that have access to drones, stop fighting in ground, and just droning the whole war, that's why I suggested the cooldown (tho with bomb drone, it might be a problem), it would imply that Drone Users, need think more carefully, before using a drone, and losing it

The slow down thing, is not fully, it's for "modes", like pistol drone, if it is in Firing Mode, then the speed should be reduced, since now it would have a gun out, think of the RAH-66 Comanche, where it has a Stealth and Fighting Mode (althought I don't think the mode affect it speed, aerodynamics are a thing so who knows)

MLGMagicHoodini

Aug 23, 2023
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Transport drone can already carry Ammo Boxes, and TACs.

The spy drone is supposed to be a stealthier version of the Basic Drone, used by special forces during missions for intelligence gathering. It already has the ability to cloak, which also decreases the sound by a lot.
I didn't know about Ammo Boxes, or TACs? I think I and Sandwalker previously tried picking up stuff, and the ammo box didn't work, cause it was too heavy? Not sure tho, while for TACs, we didn't get to test it, but other stuff such as C4s are not possible (since C4 sticks to surfaces), and Proxy Mine it grabbed, but unable go up, since it was too heavy somehow

I do understand that, but at same time, doesn't the drone drop if u go out the tablet or die? And with the new self destruct, it will fix that in a way, but be annoying too, if it followed and displayed enemies constantly for the owner of drone, would add a better use to it, instead of having to go in and out the tablet to see

drako dormus

Game Master
Game Master
Oct 1, 2021
Even tho the pistol drone is locked to 4 people max, doesn't make it open to be OP, a lot of people complained, not only me, and the fact u went massively positive with KD, shows that Gun Drone can be quite OP

The range on Bomb Drone is fine, since it's more or less a driveable grenade, and removing the noise would make it much harder to spot, even with a longer fuse, would make it hard run away, if u didn't hear it

I mean, depends really, I don't feel like the Drone should be used to replace a chase, nobody is gone stop chasing, to deploy a drone to get the person running away, you would use it for example, if they are on a roof or something, and u trying get there but can't u would tase/bean bag him, and then push him and arrest, I see the Taser drone as a way to prevent RMP/AOR getting killed in the line of action, same way that Police irl sometimes uses "drones" to defuse bombs

It would work like a Small Pocket UAV, since right now, it's more like a basic drone that goes invisible only

Even with bigger hit reg, during BR for example, it's gone be impossible hit it almost I feel like, and I feel like that's other way around, bomb drone is more useful, and better in closed off areas, since more enemies in a smaller space, means more kills, while pistol drone, can be used to kill snipers hiding away, and more

I won't deny that's one of the reasons for me making this, but not only that, but a lot of people have complained, especially today, and I do always felt that some drones are not that useful since start

Yes, I agree with that, but at same time, I notice people that have access to drones, stop fighting in ground, and just droning the whole war, that's why I suggested the cooldown (tho with bomb drone, it might be a problem), it would imply that Drone Users, need think more carefully, before using a drone, and losing it

The slow down thing, is not fully, it's for "modes", like pistol drone, if it is in Firing Mode, then the speed should be reduced, since now it would have a gun out, think of the RAH-66 Comanche, where it has a Stealth and Fighting Mode (althought I don't think the mode affect it speed, aerodynamics are a thing so who knows)
(last response on this to not clog up the suggestion)
aight so let me begin first about my masive kd with drone i mainly got this by camping a fob while nobody could find me while i was almost right next to it (exept core) , sniping with a gun drone is actualy not that easy mainly becaus the bullets shoot randomly in a direaction (in the cirkel) so you have to stay close to actualy do good damadge, may i also say about the kd this could be seen as pure luck because if ya guys went upstairs ya would have seen a rally where i was next to which people did not like.

If ya don't see a drone i would say it is more a issue of not being aware of your surroundings.

the tazerdrone doesn't actualy "taze" it makes someone a bit slower like the beanbag shoty but less time on it even so ya can still shoot, that is why to make it faster becaus ya range is like a tazer. (it makes you slower that is it )

the pistol drone "mode" would be a real heavy nerf becausalready the range is half of any drone like i said if i stand in the garage of FA i won't even be able to reach the main building (cap radio) without having to move. it is hard to kill drones mainly becaus of hitreg even so a drone is small and would be fast so it would be hard to shoot one deown irl (atleast with height) (and yes this is true look in changelogs and if needed i can show you picture)

I do agree that some drones are better to be used durings wars becaus they have weapons (gun and bomb) while the cargo would be more for tac move or supplying

Last edited:

I luv kebabs

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 18, 2022
+support on the change the appearance, if its possible just make it so nwo drones are red and nato drones are blue, easier to identify than seeing a name and gotta figure out if that person is in nwo or nato

Reactions: MLGMagicHoodini

MLGMagicHoodini

Aug 23, 2023
Portugal
www.youtube.com
(last response on this to not clog up the suggestion)
aight so let me begin first about my masive kd with drone i mainly got this by camping a fob while nobody could find me while i was almost right next to it (exept core) , sniping with a gun drone is actualy not that easy mainly becaus the bullets shoot randomly in a direaction (in the cirkel) so you have to stay close to actualy do good damadge, may i also say about the kd this could be seen as pure luck because if ya guys went upstairs ya would have seen a rally where i was next to which people did not like.

If ya don't see a drone i would say it is more a issue of not being aware of your surroundings.

the tazerdrone doesn't actualy "taze" it makes someone a bit slower like the beanbag shoty but less time on it even so ya can still shoot, that is why to make it faster becaus ya range is like a tazer.

the pistol drone "mode" would be a real heavy nerf becausalready the range is half of any drone like i said if i stand in the garage of FA i won't even be able to reach the main building (cap radio) without having to move. it is hard to kill drones mainly becaus of hitreg even so a drone is small and would be fast so it would be hard to shoot one deown irl (atleast with height)

I do agree that some drones are better to be used durings wars becaus they have weapons (gun and bomb) while the cargo would be more for tac move or supplying
Trust me, plenty times last time I was on, I found ur drone, and started shooting it to do nothing, die and die, even when I pushed LY solo, u guys had a Drone there, and it was the most annoying ass cunt, like a mosquito at night when u trying sleep, I tried shooting it with my LR300 and Minigun, and didn't kill it, due to hitreg, and also fact it moves fast, and is tiny, so getting shots is not easy

I know the taser drone doesn't tase properly, but it still makes u slow, and even unable to move I think?

I find that hard to believe, the bomb drone has a range of 2/3 tiles +/- u telling me the Pistol drone has a range of 0.5 Tiles? Don't forget that height, affects range too,

Even then, Transport Drone is rarely used, or even used to start with, Medic drone is the same, Taser drone, I haven't seen it used much by RMP/AOR unless to have fun, only drones that are used are the Pistol Drone, and the Bomb Drone, even the Golden Drone is a useless one

Dr Drew

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Content Team
Group Moderator
Jan 29, 2022
Suggestion Partially Accepted

Hi @MLGMagicHoodini ,
Your suggestion has been accepted.
We are adding drone colours so you know who owns each drone. we will also look into making some changes with the drones.
Thank you for taking the time to make a suggestion​

Status
Not open for further replies.