Executive application (Kent Husk) (USA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent Husk

Feb 12, 2024
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:69684307
Discord name: Kreem
For how long have you played on CG SCP: 2 days and 1 hour throughout the time span of a year or so
In what country are you located?: USA
Time zone: PST
Character name(s): Kent Husk
Civilian name: Kent Husk
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): USA
Do you have a mic?:
Yes

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
None

Currently Held Licenses:
None

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
I haven't encountered any bans or warnings that I know of.

Why are you applying for Executive Researcher?
My goal is to improve our department and make sure that everyone has fun during roleplays. Even with all of the progress we've made while I've been here, I really think there's still a lot of opportunity for growth in this area. My objective is to enable testing on CL4 SCPs and approve studies for my colleagues researchers, especially because during my active hours, the executive roster is primarily composed of US-based individuals. In addition, as one would expect from a CL4 researcher, I am excited to help colleagues reach their goals, understand their studies, and offer pertinent advice. All in all, I want to foster an environment that is favorable to engaging and immersive exams with lots of roleplaying.

What makes you suitable for Executive Researcher?:
I have devoted numerous hours to assisting researchers in every way that I can, as well as an equal amount of time to producing documents of varying caliber while still experimenting extensively. I have advised juniors, seniors, and CL2 researchers in equal measure in a variety of endeavors, offering assistance with formatting, test ideas, directions, chemistry, clearance, and general guidance. I am certain that I possess the necessary experience to do all kinds of CL4 examinations, and I am always available to assist whenever needed.

How many excellent-graded documents have you written? What makes a document excellent?
During my time here, I have written a good number of excellent-graded documents—I can't quite remember how many. Within the SCP Foundation, a document is considered great if it follows Foundation guidelines and procedures and is complete, accurate, and clear.
A good paper covers all the bases about the anomaly or phenomena being studied, including thorough explanations, containment methods, test records, and an analysis of the consequences that have been noticed.
It displays an in-depth understanding of the anomaly's features and its consequences and delivers the results in an organized and professional way. An outstanding work also demonstrates painstaking attention to detail, with a properly formatted, well-organized structure, and accurate wording. It makes sure that every research is carried out with the highest care and attention for safety and security by closely adhering to Foundation rules and ethics.
In the end, a well-written paper helps the Foundation fulfill its objective of safeguarding, confining, and educating anomalous objects and entities in addition to providing information and education to other scholars.

< Index >

This section meticulously outlines the contents of each page for easy reference.

SCP description, including a description of the SCP sourced from the wiki itself, supplemented by an appropriately attached image.

< Hypothesis >

Here, we delve into expectations for the test, exploring potential outcomes and presenting various conclusions. It's imperative to articulate personal insights and predictions for the experiment.

< Goal of study >

An integral segment where the objectives and anticipated findings of the study are elaborated upon. Additionally, this section underscores the significance of the study to the Foundation's overarching goals.

< Participant section >

A comprehensive roster of the personnel involved in the test.

< Methodology >

This segment entails a detailed, sequential breakdown of the steps necessary to execute the test. Emphasis is placed on delineating safety protocols for personnel, particularly in the case of hazardous experiments.

< Findings >

In this portion, the events and results of the test are meticulously documented, including a chronological account of occurrences if desired.

< Conclusion >

Arguably the crux of the report, this section extrapolates upon the implications of the findings and draws a definitive conclusion based on the data collected. It elucidates whether the test was conclusive, identifies any reactions observed, and determines the necessity for further experimentation.

< Authorisation >

This section, positioned either at the beginning or end, includes signature boxes for both the authorizing party and the researcher, clearly indicating each role. This is particularly pertinent for activities requiring clearance beyond the researcher's level.

What are the responsibilities of the Executive Researcher in RP?:
To preserve the integrity of our investigations, we must strictly adhere to ethical protocols and mentor other researchers in a variety of experiments. We also have to help out wherever we can and encourage the Department Director to take initiative. We also have an obligation to guarantee the caliber of tests by endorsing those that are judged valuable and helping to improve those that need to be modified in order to comply with requirements. Being accessible at all times for direction and support is crucial, as is making sure that everything runs well and that everyone is doing their jobs.

Please give some lore about your Executive Researcher character and what storylines they would be involved in:
Kent Husk preferred to avoid undue stress in his academic pursuits and studied with an easy nonchalance. But one afternoon, his peaceful routine was upended when he discovered an old book hidden in the university library's dusty archives.
Unaware of the evil powers he was about to unleash, Kent opened its pages, drawn in by its mysterious symbols and mysterious patterns. While he worked through the mysterious writing, he unintentionally set off a chain of events that would change his life forever.
An eldritch force burst through the space, casting Kent in a flurry of color and shadow. After the storm passed, he discovered that he was at the border of an unfathomable world, an interdimensional junction full with terrible secrets and unfathomable evils.
Kent came upon creatures of unfathomable might and evil at the center of this eldritch world. These creatures murmured cosmic secrets and gave him enticing peeks into the very fabric of existence. As he was drawn more into the chasm, he was entangled in a web of conspiracy theories and deceit, and images of cosmic horrors and end-of-the-world predictions plagued his thoughts.
After his experiences haunted him, Kent developed an irrepressible appetite for knowledge and an unwavering drive to solve the universe's riddles and discover the multiverse's secrets. Motivated by his recently discovered fixation, he set out on an investigation that would take him to the most remote reaches of the universe, where he would have to face the same forces that threatened to shatter reality.
During this terrifying voyage, Kent came to the notice of a covert entity known only as the SCP Foundation—a mysterious organization entrusted with capturing and researching unusual occurrences from space. Seeing his special abilities and unrealized potential, they invited him to enlist, giving him access to knowledge that was off limits and the chance to discover the universe's mysteries.
Accepting their offer with nothing to lose and everything to gain, Kent was excited to start a new chapter in his life, one that would be full of exploration, risk, and the possibility of discovering the ultimate truths about life. Thus, equipped with his cunning and an unquenchable curiosity, Kent Husk set off on a voyage into the uncharted, prepared to face both the darkness that awaited him within and the secrets of the universe.

Last edited:

MalekIsWeird

Jan 28, 2024
+1 Support
Never met him before. The application to me though shows he really wants to do well as an Exec and I am eager to see how he does.

Dr. Ternith Plague

Dec 13, 2023
A phone rings on your desk - a voice coming through.

"Mister Husk. It's good to know you've expressed interest. Check your inbox."

MESSAGE FROM DEPUTY RESEARCH DIRECTOR AKURA OVAISS, SITE-65

Mister Husk,

Thank you for considering your interest in applying for the position of Executive Researcher. We have many promising applicants, and I assure you that not all choices are easy.

As such, Director Picket and I have decided that our best course of decision is to
deny your application for Executive Researcher.

Should you have any questions, you may reach out to me (dr_ternith_plague) or Director Pickett (lunaria4211) for such concerns.

Thank you for expressing your interest.

Sincerely,
Deputy Director Akura Ovaiss

Reactions: Kent Husk
Status
Not open for further replies.