Civilian name: Caitlyn Lonis
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA
Do you have a mic?:
Yes
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
N/A
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
N/A
Why are you applying for Executive Researcher?
I absolutely love the roleplay heavy environment that exists, and I want to see the Research Department thrive. Documentation is one of my absolute favorite things, and I want to be a guiding hand for researchers to look to for help with documentation, research, ideas, and so on. Most of my actual jobs have been heavy on documentation, and some of the documentation I've wrote has been for Google. I have a fairly lengthy personal QA process, and my documents can take anywhere between 4 and 26 hours to get through my process. I desire to continue progressing through the Research Department and continue to grow instead of staying content at my current position, and I want to encourage others to do the same.

What makes you suitable for Executive Researcher?:
I have been working towards improving myself as a researcher since I entered the department, and have worked my way up to becoming a Senior Researcher. I've also joined the Unidentified Anomalies Unit and currently stand as a Senior, along with currently standing as a Mentor for the Board of Education with a mentee. I'm frequently asked to review documents due to my own documentation and being recommended as a reviewer by others. I take pride in my documentation standards and attempt to help any researcher who asks whenever possible.

How many excellent-graded documents have you written? What makes a document excellent?
I have written 5-6 excellent-graded documents. The first step I believe to having a good document is to have the work outlined before anything else happens. Secondly, document content should be informative to convey the subjet but concise at the same time. Every detail can help discover a new finding or help someone to come up with an idea for a study, but its a research paper and not a novel. Thirdly, peer review is one of the most powerful tools a researcher has at their disposal. It should be utilized through all stages of documenting. Finally, having a good personal QA process is essential to ensure good documentation practices are being used.

What are the responsibilities of the Executive Researcher in RP?:
The roleplay responsibilities of the Executive are to keep the Research Department engaged by being around and being available for peer review of documents and discussion of research projects, and by coming up with assignments for personnel to claim or to offer to those having a hard time thinking of what to study. An Executive should be a sort of guiding hand to help researchers stay on an ethical and scientific path for their studies.

Please give some lore about your Executive Researcher character and what storylines they would be involved in:
Astrid is a biological researcher from Site-104, being assigned there from Site-06-3 to better utilize their skillset and knowledge. After 2 years of being on Site-104, Astrid was transferred to Site-65 under an assignment to assist with studying high-profile SCP subjects. They are currently involved in multiple on-going tests with sentient SCPs to better understand them biologically and anatomically.

Fried

Oct 22, 2023
TO: astrid@site-65.int
SUBJECT: Progression to Interview Phase - Executive Researcher Application

Dear Astrid,

Following a comprehensive review of your application for the Executive Researcher position alongside the consultative input of our Executive Research team, I am pleased to inform you that your application has been elevated to the interview phase of our selection process.

To proceed, kindly reach out to me directly via email (g4rp1ays) or Akura (dr_ternith_plague) at your earliest convenience to arrange a suitable time for your interview.

We look forward to discussing your potential contributions to our team in greater detail.

Thank you for your continued interest in joining our ranks.

Warm regards,

FriedHart
Dpt. Director of Research, Site-65 Research Department
Friedch@site-65.int

Fried

Oct 22, 2023
TO: astrid@site-65.int
SUBJECT: Executive Researcher Interview Outcome

Dear Astrid,

I am pleased to inform you that following your recent interview, your application for the Executive Researcher position has been approved.

Your performance during the interview process and your demonstrated commitment to the Research Department have shown that you are well-suited for this role. We are confident in your abilities to contribute positively and take on the responsibilities that come with this position.

Welcome to the Executive Research team!

Please get in touch with me via email (g4rp1ays) or Akura (dr_ternith_plague) to complete the necessary paperwork and begin your orientation. We are excited to see the contributions you will make to our department and the broader SCP Foundation.

Congratulations, and welcome aboard!

Best regards,

FriedHart
Dpt. Director of Research, Site-65 Research Department
Friedch@site-65.int

Status
Not open for further replies.