Executive Researcher application US

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Swanson

Jul 24, 2022
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:163987897
Discord name: Epic#3691
For how long have you played on CG SCP: Roughly 140 hours of totally play time and about a month of being on it
In what country are you located?: The U.S
Time zone: EST
Character name(s): Dr.Swanson
Civilian name: John Swanson
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): USA
Do you have a mic?:
- Yes
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
- N/A
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
- 1 warning for failRp, I jumped into the acid pools while being chased by 008 (something I think is perfectly reasonable IC but besides the point)
Why are you applying for Executive Researcher?
-
For two main reasons

A. Because I love researching and exploring the different SCP's and the ways they're coded as much as possible. I love the research department and do plan on spending a lot of time using the extra perks that come with being an executive to both further my own researcher and the research of my peers as much as possible.

B. Because I love interacting with both those above and below me in terms of experience and training the jrs ,normal researchers and even seniors into becoming apart of the standard we at the research department expect, as an executive I would be able to this much more effectively as executives are the people most researchers go to when they have questions and I want to help as many of them as I can. As well as being able to take any valid concerns those researchers may have and bring it to the attention of the higher ups and try and make genuine progress on it something that would otherwise be borderline impossible as just a normal senior.

What makes you suitable for Executive Researcher?:
-

1. I put a very large amount of effort into every single one of my documents and take special care that they are both of high quality and further the foundations understanding of the many different SCPs at the site. Every document I've posted has done this job the best it possibly could and is why all but 1 of them have been excellent. When it comes to documentation I focus on quality first and foremost not quantity.

2. I work very well with everyone on site regardless of who they are, I train any researcher I see and give them a full run down of what we want and expect of them out of the foundation as well as befriending them and making sure they know they can always come to me in the future, any good researcher is going to have a lot of questions and I do my best to make sure they feel comfortable coming to me about any of them anytime they feel like. Due to this much of the new and experienced research staff know and respect me. I work just as well with higher ups as well, I have became at least acquainted with a good portion of site command and leadership and even those who don't know me that well trust me and my abilities as a researcher, something very important if I am going to begin working with them more.

In summary I both ensure that our jr staff understand the expectations of quality we expect when they move up in their careers as well as befriending them so they feel comfortable coming to me with any problems or questions they may have. I also hold myself to the same expectation of quality as I would anyone else in my position and ensure they every document I has both quality and purpose

How many excellent-graded documents have you written? What makes a document excellent?
- 6 documents so far with one I am not yet high enough clearance to upload so it is of unknown quality.

What makes a document excellent is 3 main things.

Formatting Quality Originality
Formatting organizes the document properly and makes it much easier to both read and understand what is trying to be stated in the document, without it any document is essentially just a stack of papers with no clear order.Quality is dependent on 2 mains things, grammar and looks. Grammar is mostly self explanatory, as long as the words in a document are spelled correctly and proper punctuation is used there is no issue. Looks is more subjective but can really add to a document, things like adding pictures or separating giant blocks of text or using lines to give the document a more professional look really help getting a good grade.In short no boring test, we want test that push our understanding and knowledge of whatever SCP is being tested on and thus the test needs to be an original thought of something we don't yet know or haven't tested on. If we can already guess the answer with relative certainty its not worth testing on.
What are the responsibilities of the Executive Researcher in RP?:
-

Training newer researchers and advising senior ones.

Making sure test are reasonable and grading the ones that get uploaded on their quality.

Continue conducting test, while executives do have extra priorities they are still researchers.

And of course be the figure heads of the research department, they are the people researchers look to first for advice and how they should act whether the executive is aware of it or not.

Please give some lore about your Executive Researcher character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Swanson was always someone interested in the unknown, he first started his scientific career as a researcher in a scientific institute in Canada. One day while he was working someone brought him an object they couldn't really figure out how it worked, of course due to Swanson's great curiosity he began testing on the object in every way he could think of but at the end of the day he still couldn't crack how it functioned so he just saved it for the next day. Unfortunately for him though he wouldn't have that next day as in the night he was kidnapped by the SCP foundation and taken into custody. After this he was given to options, become a junior researcher for this foundation or become a prisoner to it. He of course chose option one.

From there his curiosity of the unknown has never changed however due to several bad experiences with SCPs, notably SCP-035 and SCP-012 he mostly does not care for them in terms of how or what they feel, though he does still stick to ethical procedure as per protocol and tries his best not to harm them so they can be tested on more in the future. While he does see them as nothing more than odd anomalies his need to figure out how they work eclipses all his other feelings about them.

Biggz

Jul 19, 2022
discord.png

───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Application Accepted

Thank you for taking the time to apply for Executive Researcher. Following your contributions and efforts in the Department of Research, we believe that you are highly capable of this position. Your behavior, your dedication to the Department and the way you uphold the expectations we have instated for the Department has not gone unnoticed.

Congratulations, Executive researcher Swanson.

Contact me Director Bonez for more details, and be sure to contact an Admin+ to get your whitelist.

Status
Not open for further replies.