Civilian name: John Swanson
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA
Do you have a mic?:
-Yes
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
-N/a
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
-None

Why are you applying for Executive Researcher?

- Because I want to be able to more effectively help and guide my fellow researchers (jr. standard and sr.) in as many ways as possible and being an executive researcher puts me in a position to not only have more tools to help but also to be in a position where I am more likely to be asked for help. As well as that I also want to be able to pursue my own research as much as possible and having clearance to test on all scp's, being able to directly talk to ethics and command more effectively and having that one less roadblock of exec approval to due to would all help drastically in the amount of research I am able to do

What makes you suitable for Executive Researcher?:

- Every research studys ive made so far have all been excellent-grade with me putting a great deal of thought and work into making as interesting and quality of a document as possible, earning me the trust and respect of several higher ups already. On top of that I have helped train several Jr. and regular researchers on subjects such as proper test procedure, proper writing format, tips on how to properly test on certain scps that can be specifically dangerous if they dont know what they are doing and generally doing far more work than is or was ever expected of me as a Sr. researcher. My ambition and worth ethic driving me to push myself as far as I can.

How many excellent-graded documents have you written? What makes a document excellent?

- 2 documents not including one I do not have clearance to publish but was assured by execs and and assistant command staff would be considered excellent grade. As for what makes a document excellent there are 3 main factors that I have seen. 1: Follow standard test paper format or some variation of it to have your test properly organized and give well thought out answers to all important questions needed for a good paper. 2. Have an idea that hasn't been tested and is in one way or another furthers the understanding of how an SCP works at the site. 3. Minimize damage, losses and risk as much as possible and making sure to follow the code of ethics as close as possible.

What are the responsibilities of the Executive Researcher in RP?:

- The primary goal of executive researchers in RP is to help train and mentor the researchers below them and to make sure they are doing good quality work that is helpful to the foundation. On top of that they are still researchers and their secondary job is to of course research and use their new clearance and connections to put out as high quality of research as possible.

Please give some lore about your Executive Researcher character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Before Dr.Swanson became a part of the foundation he was a head researcher at another highly classified research organization but instead worked for the U.S government. This, along with his several studies into previously unknown phenomenon put him under the watch of the foundation years before he was ever taken in and became a researcher. How Dr.Swanson became a researcher exactly is still largely up for debate as most of his papers seem to have gotten loss in the sea of bureaucracy, however Swanson is open to telling the story how he remembers it. From what Swanson recalls he was working on a SCP that got sent to him later in the afternoon (SCP-████) and was attempting to study it, while Swanson didnt know the SCP was an SCP or that it was anomalous in any way he did take several notes depicting things that to him did not seem to abide by the laws of physics but he was working under the assumption that it would make sense eventually. He didnt have time to test any of his theories however as next morning he woke up in the back of a van tied up, the foundation apparently found out about what Swanson was working on and took him in his sleep . During interrogation they gave him 2 options either A, Forget everything he saw in the past 2 days and go back to his normal life or B. began working for them as a Jr. Researcher, he chose option B.

Due to his past experience as a researcher and general thirst for knowledge Dr. Swamson was quickly able to gain the respect and trust of his higher ups and became a Sr. researcher in a relatively short amount of time. During his time as Sr. researcher Dr. Swanson has interacted with all sorts of SCPs and generally tolerates them and treats them with great respect as to ease the testing processes. The one notable exception to this however is SCP-035 as due to one of Swansons past test and SCP-035 constant torment of him during said test he has grown to hate SCP-035 and refuses to interact with it unless absolutely necessary.

His most recent work that caught the attention of site command was he research on SCP- ████ in which he was personally appointed as head of the research team by a Ethics assistant and successfully documented, classified and gave advice on its permanent containment cell when it had to move sites.

Last edited:

Jewel

Jun 13, 2022
discord.png

───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Application Denied

Thank you so much for taking the time to apply for Executive Researcher. Unfortunately, we have decided to deny your application for the position. This is due to not seeing you on as often as I would like an Executive to be, I also would like to see you work on learning what it takes to be an Executive. I recommend you ask an executive if you can shadow them to really get to know the rules and work ethic we are looking for. Writing some more excellent documents and hosting some lectures would be great as well. Please don't let this roadblock stop you from reaching your full potential in the research department.

You can re-apply after 2 weeks from this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.