Denied F-GOC F-CI CI-GOC Actual secure comms

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorn

Mar 4, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This suggestion would add actual secure comms between each faction in the server it would new /c comms
- Commands would be
/F-CI
/F-GOC
/GOC-CI

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I do not believe this suggestion has been done before since we just do /oc (F-CI) etc...

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
This would just be a small change we could use between factions the main thing this would prevent would be
- No metagaming from seeing the Open comms OOC cause if you see something even if you don't actually do something you can't see it in character it will still affect your judgment and this would prevent that

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
There are no negatives to this suggestion

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I think this should be added because it would prevent Metagaming more and would make it easier to work with one of the factions without the other one "knowing" (even if its OOC) what you and the other one are talking about

Reactions: Johnson J. Marauder

Biscuits

Jan 2, 2023
+Massive Support
-this needs to be a thing to prevent any hidden metagaming that happens between all 3 factions

-it also introduces element of surprises if lets say goc and ci agree to attack foundation together (not gonna happen but just an example)

i could type more about this but you get the point.
You never know:tm:

Stealth

Dec 4, 2022
- Support

Makes open comms more useless, limits RP interaction. Metagaming isn't an issue here tbh.

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
This suggestion isn't well thought out- It fails to make it clear who gets access to secure comms, at late hours there might not be anyone to respond to actual secure comms lines. Really, who gets access to secure comms?

A system like this makes things more complicated than they need to be - we've also seen how dead normal comms can get now that all MTF comms are hidden from everyone else, I genuinely think this "QoL" change is unneeded.

Respectfully, maybe you didn't notice this as an O5 member since you get to see all comms but as a tech expert or any low clearance job comms are completely dead. A new player seeing nothing in open comms may assume that the server is dead since they can't see anything going on at that moment, and leave.

Metagaming isn't an issue. Reading OC info is one of few situations where it's easy to find out who metagames (if you organise a meeting at lakehouse and CI "Just so happen to be patrolling there" it's rather obvious that they meta'd your comms message). If you want a secret operation (especially between GOC and F), you can easily organise a meeting within your base where nobody can hear what you're saying. What is seemingly the only reason behind this suggestion is a non-issue that can be solved by just talking to each other in person.

This also makes events more annoying to pull off - in the past, I ran an event where CI tapped into Foundation-GOC comms and got some valuable IC info as a result - an event like this would be nigh impossible if a system like this were implemented.

This is an RP server, so people are expected to make their own situations and have fun while doing them. If you see some riot sergeant initiating open comms they will look very silly whilst doing so if secure lines are now implemented. Some people may not even know that secure lines exist if they don't see somebody else doing it in chat which stops them entirely from making their own situations.

Bro really said "no negatives to this suggestion". I'd recommend adding these into your "Possible negatives of the suggestion":

TL;DR, here's just a few negatives that weren't mentioned in the suggestion:
Ruins existing RP on OC
Makes OC completely unnecessary outside of events and minges on surface
New players will see a dead chat and get a bad impression of the server
Makes RP harder on OC, especially for events
Makes chat feel dead (key example here is Foundation comms now that all regiments can speak to each other)
Suggestion fails to mention who will get access to secure comms
Makes anybody trying to RP on their own look silly and discourages them from doing so

Last edited:

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
+/- Neutral
-Less Metagaming
-Potentially easier to open and use the comms

-Chat could feel dead, people still like seeing comms between each other, even if it is IC
-Prevents the Use of more Specific things like <F(CL4)-CI(CL5)>
-Makes OC useless in Short

-Denied in the Past

Bill put it very Nicely

Metagaming will be completely gone in this aspect of the server, which is amazing. But it does ruin the aspect of some Interactions.
Imagine GOC Declaring War on CI. The Entire rest of the server would miss out and have no IC or OOC clue what was happening.

Reactions: Bill Nye The Guy

Eizaas

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Event Team
Aug 6, 2022
+support dope
*-support how am i supposed to metagame now*

Pyro

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Jul 19, 2022
Ontario, Canada
-Support
I LOVE WHEN CHAT GETS ROWDY!

Derek White

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Oct 12, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi @"The Truth" ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

It would overcomplicate comms and would be to many commands.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.