Denied Female Player Models

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Mike

Aug 8, 2022
Pinewood, Canada
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Add an option female player model for nearly every Role/job

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?: couldn’t find it in the development tracker

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Gender Equality
Option to play as someone besides a man
More People playing other roles because they have the chance to use a non male model

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
ERP
Develop time?

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

Currently there only female player models for suits, chefs, med doctors, and few civ jobs. It is not uncommon to see players using pac to also use a female player model. I would like to think that the foundation would believe in gender equality. I am sure many players are not men or don’t identify as such and would like to play as someone who isn’t a man.

Guinea

Jun 24, 2022
Not an issue of +/- support, but the main issue with the suggestion is the devs probably don't wanna go back and redo each model of the server with just how many playable human roles we have.

Luft

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Jun 6, 2022
Gender Equality
Option to play as someone besides a man
Do you have models from the workshop? Because can guarantee you absolutely nobody will put effort into re-creating all the current models on the server just so they have female variants, also what is the point of the "Gender Equality" bit?

Not exactly sure how there not being enough female variants of models due to that being the norm for 90% of playermodels on the workshop equals no gender equality.

TLDR;

Find better reasonings for your suggestion other than "Gender Equality", and find actual models to incorporate into the most used jobs within the server as nobody will port/change the player models into female variants.

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
i'm so torn - on one hand, freshening up the myriad malaise of same-face and model you see everywhere, on the other hand, implementation difficulty, client/server load (having to potentially load more models at once), necessity...

like yeah, it's a roleplay server, sure - it makes sense. but i can imagine the reluctance from content team in terms of effort to necessity ratio. like if this was like doable in a way that wouldn't be that bad for load and could be done slowly over time, i guess it could be tolerable as a on-the-backburner type project, drip it in over time...

on top of that, the suggestion itself - like i get what you mean and what you're asking for, it's just not well put-together enough. but that shouldn't really stop it since i imagine everything i just said is intuitive to most

i mean, i see this being denied for necessity, time constraints and potential client/server load issues, but i'll give it a
+Tentative Support
in the hopes that we maybe get to see this at some point. like, it shouldn't be a priority, but it's one of those things you'd like to see. the little things.

Freddo

Blacklisted Player
Jun 21, 2023
-Support

all these new PMs need to be modelled which takes ALOT of time. Just buy PAC3

Bohemia

Oct 23, 2022
prob gon be denied cuz you didn't give any models
not really important enough for them to make them themselves

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
prob gon be denied cuz you didn't give any models
not really important enough for them to make them themselves
i mean, why not make it somewhat of a crowdsource project in that case - that way there's some onus on the people that want it to provide models. we could all pitch in where possible

there's no reason anything has to be so clear-cut. we don't have to saddle everything on the content team.

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
also what is the point of the "Gender Equality" bit?
Find better reasonings for your suggestion other than "Gender Equality"
You have to actually be joking here, you did not just entirely seriously just say these things.

Also, most of the model changes aren't even hard, it's literally just change the HL2 head and maybe change body proportions slightly, you can do this shit in PAC in 5 minutes, all we're asking for is for it to be included by default. If you're complaining about the number of playermodels, just remove a male model or two for the female ones you add.

Yeke

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Mar 20, 2022
One thing to consider, that content team if accepted will not be the ones having to conduct this, you essentially would have to remake all models within the server to fit female profiles and heads for each person, this would increase the size of the packs significantly for playermodels and also be a extensive task to complete for every job in the server, the easier jobs being the MTFs due to the fact you dont need multiple heads due to coverings.

Though this would be a MASSIVE undertaking for modellers to do, for example

Lets say IA has 4 male models, so 4 female models are needed, this is 4 models that need skin tone matching and body morphing which is a massive undertaking already.

Now if we add DEA that would then be 8 female models, then add lets say Assistants and Site Command, and the numbers quickly rise and so does the time requirement.

This would be a significant task to complete, and we do appreciate we have a larger female player base as of now, however it is a case of if accepted, this likely would not be a significant priority for now.

To further add, this will end up increasing loading times into the server, then the caching times to actually load into the main menu, whilst also requiring more space from people.

Regards,
CS Yeke

Dr.Mike

Aug 8, 2022
Pinewood, Canada
Gender equality as in more gender roles, its not that deep.
You have to actually be joking here, you did not just entirely seriously just say these things.

Also, most of the model changes aren't even hard, it's literally just change the HL2 head and maybe change body proportions slightly, you can do this shit in PAC in 5 minutes, all we're asking for is for it to be included by default. If you're complaining about the number of playermodels, just remove a male model or two for the female ones you add.
Gender equality as in the foundation being gender equal in terms of rp. Its not that deep.

Simon "Kitton" A.

Apr 16, 2022
-Support

I do not see this as a extremly necessary change when there are bigger fish in the barrel...
Updating every single model in-game would take weeks maybe even months... yes in pac3 its easy because you can remove the material of a head and then attach another playermodels head.

If this was to be done trough modelling it would take this

1. Download the model
2. Decompile the model
3. download new head
4. remove the head of the first model
5. Attach the head
6. make female features of the body (can take very long and not needed at some models)
7. Completly remake structure of bones
8. rewrite animations in the QC file
9. add appropriate textures
10. correctly setup eyes
11. Compile the model
12. upload it to the server pack
13. add every model to appropriate job in vjob editor

there you go you have 1 model only like what 40+ to go... yepeeeee :D
At that point might aswell update every single model and remake the entire sites playermodels.
If with my comment i have hurt your feelings i am deeply sorry but if we have to choose between making new content or adding female models to every job i believe my choice stands on the new content.

Reactions: Dr.Mike

Jam

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 10, 2022
-support
it's a game. This shit will be as disappointing as the new marvel movie with female-only heroes.
Gender Equality
dont think adding models will change anything. If I see female Nu-7's or O-1's that shit will make it horrible.

Bob "Gustav" Smith

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 28, 2022
- Support
Like 120 out of the like 124 people that play the server are MEN. The selection of female player models reflects the playerbase.

Status
Not open for further replies.