Accepted Femur breaker additions

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tub

Aug 6, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Make the femur breaker damage you and give you a fracture, possibly add a way to lay down on the femur breaker

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Better rp, makes more sense since the femur breaker breaks your leg

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Idk it'll hurt the dclass

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Makes more sense in lore because once again the femur breaker breaks your leg and it is very painful

Acey

Dec 26, 2022
Croatia, Republic of
-SUPPORT

Although the idea is very neat and it might add a cool bit of RP to it there are a few issues that it'd cause to people and when push comes to shove we really shouldn't add a feature that adds little RP only to backfire as hard as in the examples I give:

Let's say it's a solo 106 breach - A Class-D is brought in and put on the breaker, but oh no, he won't sit down? What then? Screw us right? However, let's say for the sake of the argument that the breaker goes through and now a Class-D is stuck in 106's cube with a broken femur and can't properly move or if the door's closed ( As it should be ) leave the chamber - Which is just pointless as 106 can just snag them then. This also creates the issue that if a Class-D manages to leave 106's dimension they now might be a problem for MTF units in HCZ to deal with ( Which is unnecessary ).

Or look it at like this - Let's say that MTF RCs 106 and the Class-D manages to leave its chamber unharmed but whoops, 106 didn't solo breach so all the MTFs get mowed down by Idk.. 076 - So now there are CL3 and CL4 keycards laying around 106's control room for the said Class-D to pick up and 076 doesn't have to go all the way down to sort out 1 Class-D with a broken femur. TL;DR - Now you've got a Class-D in HCZ which can pick up a TE-5 and hack 106 back or Lord help us all might even hack open 7722..

I'm sorry but this just can't go. : P

Tub

Aug 6, 2022
Let's say it's a solo 106 breach - A Class-D is brought in and put on the breaker, but oh no, he won't sit down? What then? Screw us right?
fearrp is a thing
let's say for the sake of the argument that the breaker goes through and now a Class-D is stuck in 106's cube with a broken femur and can't properly move or if the door's closed ( As it should be ) leave the chamber
that's what is supposed to happen in lore, 106 goes to the chamber and takes the d-class with the broken femur
This also creates the issue that if a Class-D manages to leave 106's dimension they now might be a problem for MTF units in HCZ to deal with
d-class literally escape 106 dimension all the time when they're rcing 106, plus it would be harder to escape 106 dimension without running and on 50-25hp
Or look it at like this - Let's say that MTF RCs 106 and the Class-D manages to leave its chamber unharmed
if the d-class manages to leave unharmed then that's mtf's fault for not closing the door

Acey

Dec 26, 2022
Croatia, Republic of
fearrp is a thing

that's what is supposed to happen in lore, 106 goes to the chamber and takes the d-class with the broken femur

d-class literally escape 106 dimension all the time when they're rcing 106, plus it would be harder to escape 106 dimension without running and on 50-25hp

if the d-class manages to leave unharmed then that's mtf's fault for not closing the door
1. FearRP isn't followed half the time and if you close the doors as you should then it's kinda broken unless you can somehow glue them to it
2. Lore should never trump Gameplay, it's just annoying and 1 person's fun doesn't trump more people's
3. They escape it if they're taken while being dragged to the chamber not in the chamber itself, there it kills you
4. This conflicts with the first one, if MTF are to close the doors the can't FearRP and if they FearRP they can't close doors - regardless it's kind pointless - It's a non-problem so adding the feature is pointless

I assure you, it's a cool idea but a cool idea hasn't got a place if it conflicts with gameplay.

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
-SUPPORT

Although the idea is very neat and it might add a cool bit of RP to it there are a few issues that it'd cause to people and when push comes to shove we really shouldn't add a feature that adds little RP only to backfire as hard as in the examples I give:

Let's say it's a solo 106 breach - A Class-D is brought in and put on the breaker, but oh no, he won't sit down? What then? Screw us right? However, let's say for the sake of the argument that the breaker goes through and now a Class-D is stuck in 106's cube with a broken femur and can't properly move or if the door's closed ( As it should be ) leave the chamber - Which is just pointless as 106 can just snag them then. This also creates the issue that if a Class-D manages to leave 106's dimension they now might be a problem for MTF units in HCZ to deal with ( Which is unnecessary ).

Or look it at like this - Let's say that MTF RCs 106 and the Class-D manages to leave its chamber unharmed but whoops, 106 didn't solo breach so all the MTFs get mowed down by Idk.. 076 - So now there are CL3 and CL4 keycards laying around 106's control room for the said Class-D to pick up and 076 doesn't have to go all the way down to sort out 1 Class-D with a broken femur. TL;DR - Now you've got a Class-D in HCZ which can pick up a TE-5 and hack 106 back or Lord help us all might even hack open 7722..

I'm sorry but this just can't go. : P
bro what is this this would require some home alone type planning and incompetance from the mtf and assuming scps are in 106 cc just for this to happen it seems like you just want the easiest way to rc scps am i correct?

Acey

Dec 26, 2022
Croatia, Republic of
bro what is this this would require some home alone type planning and incompetance from the mtf and assuming scps are in 106 cc just for this to happen it seems like you just want the easiest way to rc scps am i correct?
The recontainment remains relatively the same - The annoying Class-D will just make this more troublesome and annoying to do ( Because Lord forbid following commands while under gunpoint ) and the more peaceful ones will still let themselves get femur'd.

106 is also one of the more annoying SCPs to recontain if you've an annoying Class-D and this just complicates things more, if there's a way you can PUT a Class-D onto the femur it's no biggie - The unfortunate current position we find ourselves in is the fact that they won't ever make this a thing because it requires too much effort for a small thing.

I've simply weighted the options, unfortunately to sacrifice gameplay for lore is not worth it.

Reactions: Darren

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
The recontainment remains relatively the same - The annoying Class-D will just make this more troublesome and annoying to do ( Because Lord forbid following commands while under gunpoint ) and the more peaceful ones will still let themselves get femur'd.

106 is also one of the more annoying SCPs to recontain if you've an annoying Class-D and this just complicates things more, if there's a way you can PUT a Class-D onto the femur it's no biggie - The unfortunate current position we find ourselves in is the fact that they won't ever make this a thing because it requires too much effort for a small thing.

I've simply weighted the options, unfortunately to sacrifice gameplay for lore is not worth it.
i mean fair enough i have seen very mingy class D and trying to get them to sit on a chair to recontain a dangerous scp if you got VERY unlucky with the class D you got could be a massive pain so fair point

Reactions: Acey

Acey

Dec 26, 2022
Croatia, Republic of
i mean fair enough i have seen very mingy class D and trying to get them to sit on a chair to recontain a dangerous scp if you got VERY unlucky with the class D you got could be a massive pain so fair point
It occurs more than one would expect, that's the unfortuante part of it all - A lot of them minge and cause issues. : P

Grayman

Jun 9, 2022
Ireland
Suggestion Approved

Hi Tub, Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as accepted.​

Status
Not open for further replies.