Accepted Fix Peacetime boredom

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trek

Civil Gamers Expert
Jul 16, 2021

What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

During Peacetime regiments can venture out into the map to complete objectives to get rewards.

+ This would come with its own progression system (like how SCPRP has its level system). Unlocking new & harder missions the higher level you become. Required levels to unlock:
  • Lvl 0 EASY MISSIONS
  • Lvl 5+ NORMAL
  • Lvl 10+ HARD
+ A new NPC can be found in the base. He'll be your Operations Manager. (Like SCPRP DClass block Quest NPC) NCOs can organize groups (like squad system) to complete missions. I'll leave it the the dev team to decide if the missions can be solo'ed or only groups.

Types of missions: (EXAMPLE MISSIONS DEVS COULD USE)

- Capture intel [EASY]
(Capture the flag event in Enemy owned territory) Example: You need to head into Cabin and collect the intel, and extract back the base.
[Rewards]: Large XP

- Assassination [EASY]
(You're given a Document with a Picture of a random NPC. Random NPCs are spawned at either Shacks or Town. Find and PID the target. Then eliminate the HVT. Killing the wrong NPC is mission failed, get them next time.)
[Rewards]: Small XP, Cash

- Eliminate the Rebels [NORMAL]
(Hostile NPCs spawn in a controlled territory, and need to be eliminated with haste)
[Rewards]: Medium XP & Cash

- Weapons cache [HARD]
(Russian loyalists are collecting weapons from a secure location, get there and steal the weapons by any means necessary)
[Rewards]: Large XP & Rare Weapon (.44 Magnum, Winchester94, M14 etc Something players could sell to each other, used for fun. Or used in war for that 1 life, since you cant reholster it.)

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

• I believe something like this would add rewarding passive rp events. Players can teamup and take part in
  • Making peacetime less boring and AFK till next war or building FOBs for the 100th time.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

• I know people use peacetime as a kinda resting period in-between long wars. This could maybe burn players out, not having a break. Or maybe player wont feel that way idk.
  • Its kinda large project idea, so it would take the devs lots of work. They'd have to invest a lot time into something that might not even be popular. Whoever does the community polls should poll it if it people think its a good idea.
  • If this kinda system was added it would be very popular during the first weeks. So a way to balance multiple factions and regiments doing missions at ones, would be a nightmare.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

I know we talked about it in the last Town hall meeting. (About how the to fix the current problem with peacetime, feeling empty, and players going AFKing till next war.) This is an idea I thought of during the meeting. And felt it would give players something, that would incentivize them do (kinda like regimental trainings) during peacetime. This probably wouldn't be the complete solution to the problem, but it could be a stepping stone to fixing the issue.

Reactions: PianoDog
Upvote 6
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.

Brian Bell

MRP War Veteran
Donator
May 14, 2021
Suggestion Accepted

Hi Trek, Your suggestion has been accepted. Similar work is currently being developed and will follow a similar track to this suggestion​

Status
Not open for further replies.