Food Inflation

Alex/John Dingle

Donator
Sep 7, 2022
Dam i love needing to ask people to pay for double cheese burger because i don't wanne be broken after only cooking 10. Also can someone explain to me why they made food so expensive?

Shepherd

MRP Patriot
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
There's no simple answer to this. Unfortunately, the several events that have transpired from the end of 2021 (so, COVID) and the events leading to today (war in Ukraine) have had significant impacts on supply chains and logistics. People that supply people with foodstuff have had difficulties getting things out because those transit lines aren't as accessible or feasible as before. Then you have the oil crisis to consider, where if oil shoots up because the supply chain for oil is impacted, the supply chain itself will shoot up since they need to pay more to transport things the same distance as before.

Stay safe lad, and stay strong. We'll stand our ground and against this storm.

Alex/John Dingle

Donator
Sep 7, 2022
There's no simple answer to this. Unfortunately, the several events that have transpired from the end of 2021 (so, COVID) and the events leading to today (war in Ukraine) have had significant impacts on supply chains and logistics. People that supply people with foodstuff have had difficulties getting things out because those transit lines aren't as accessible or feasible as before. Then you have the oil crisis to consider, where if oil shoots up because the supply chain for oil is impacted, the supply chain itself will shoot up since they need to pay more to transport things the same distance as before.

Dam man i forgot how realistic the server was my fault.

NoBleed

Nov 28, 2022
Sweden

Its great RP nontheless :D
I can still provide some anxious D-class with a chocolate bar as a treatment but it was better when they didnt cost 40£

Yeke

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Mar 20, 2022
I believe we have uploaded old values, we will work to give them a re-pricing as soon as we are able to.

Vizoplez

Dec 10, 2022
I believe the Food Crisis is also part of whats happening on SCP-RP currently w/ chemical prices. Not to blame Ventz, but a lot of recent updates have added obnoxiously long and expensive recipes with very little return; and chefs only really get paid if its a custom order from O5/etc.

Basically, the problem is it operates on a more 'DarkRP' economy, where you're expected to make high returns, on high-cost products.

Boggers

Dec 2, 2022
I believe the Food Crisis is also part of whats happening on SCP-RP currently w/ chemical prices. Not to blame Ventz, but a lot of recent updates have added obnoxiously long and expensive recipes with very little return; and chefs only really get paid if its a custom order from O5/etc.

Basically, the problem is it operates on a more 'DarkRP' economy, where you're expected to make high returns, on high-cost products.
The profit margins when it comes to cooking then selling is atrocious. If you make double cheeseburgers you only make roughly 150$ of profit

Dr. Swanson

Jul 24, 2022
*Slams fist on desk* I don't know why there is a sudden spike in prices of food ideas, what I do know is that milk IS 50 GODDAMN DOLLARS AND I WILL NOT STAND FOR IT!!!