Rule Suggestion Forbid SCP-22415-1 and -2 from using Beams

Rule suggestions will be reviewed by Superadmins, this may take longer than standard content suggestions.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostByte

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 25, 2021
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This suggestion does two things;

1. Adds a rule where SCP-22415s (Except -3) cannot utilize containment beams against SCPs.

2. Adds a rule where SCP-22415s (Except -3, but not via dimension) cannot drag D-Class into an SCPs cell (106 or 035)

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
No

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
+ More balance for SCPs

+ Reduced player frustration while playing other SCPs

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- SCP-22415 nerf (gasp)

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
SCP-22415-3 spawning with a beam, and other 22415s having beams often spawned for them by other people is honestly overpowered and extremely unfair to other SCPs. What fair or fun is it to wait several hours in an empty cell to finally breach as an SCP, just to have another SCP teleport to you through a dimension, be unkillable, then instantly beam you the second you get low HP? Or worse yet, all three SCPs teleport to you from their dimension with beams and pacify you when you're still at 30% HP and you cannot do a thing about it other than watch the breach you waited several hours for be completely ruined. Or to watch SCP-22415s drag D-Class to 106s cell and being immortal to any other SCP and impossible to counter, using the excuse "well its morale to stop 106 from breaching". And rest in peace to 096 unless his picture spawns in LCZ, because there is absolutely no counter against SCP-22415 for any SCP that I know of, especially SCP-096 who did not need a nerf.

These three SCPs that people constantly hog for hours are immortal, can freely travel through dimensions being completely invisible, but yet still are allowed to directly contain SCPs with beams. It's extremely frustrating, unfair, and will only make people play SCPs less than they already do. Content will refuse to let all E-11, the task force dedicated solely to containment, spawn with beams, but will allow three immortal SCPs with no counter to beam every other SCP freely. It doesn't make sense and isn't fair in any meaning of the word.

Last edited:

Ogre

Oct 2, 2022
+/- neutral
I see where you are coming from, but to be fair the whole point of them being around is to help the foundation.

FrostByte

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 25, 2021
+/- neutral
I see where you are coming from, but to be fair the whole point of them being around is to help the foundation.
-Support Defeats the entire purpose of 22415 if you remove the beam
They're meant to help the Foundation by defending people, that's what their abilities exist for. They're meant to heal people with -1s ability, steal kills from SCPs by teleporting people into their dimension, and yeeting SCPs 50 feet backwards with -3s ability. Not be an immortal version of E-11 and basically being Tau-5 but mannequins.

22415s entire purpose is not to contain SCPs??

- Support

Only -3 gets a beam and beamings scps + knocking them back is all he can do against scps. All 3 aren't allowed to deal damage to them and beaming them really isn't strong. Also it shouldn't be allowed to put on the mask/turn on the femur breaker while IN the dimension but transporting them in there is fine.
Every instance can get a beam in seconds by just asking anyone with a CL3 card. They can teleport people into their dimension and defend them, beams should not be the focus of their entire existance. It is not fair to SCPs to be beam rushed by three immortal SCPs that teleport behind you with zero counter.

Fair enough if only -3 can use a beam but having all three of them be able to get beams is not fair to the SCPs who sit in their cell for 3 hours waiting to breach then be beam rushed at 30% HP by three immortal mannequins who teleported behind them. I've altered my suggestion to keep -3 as the containment mannequin.

Last edited:

FrostByte

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 25, 2021
they literally can only beam, they cant even damage the SCPs
Yes but if all of them beam rush an SCP, they can get that SCP pacified at 30% HP which just isn't fun when there's no counter to it and when they can just appear behind you. 30% is still a significant amount of HP.

Geronimo

Jan 29, 2023
United Kingdom
Yes but if all of them beam rush an SCP, they can get that SCP pacified at 30% HP which just isn't fun when there's no counter to it and when they can just appear behind you. 30% is still a significant amount of HP.
All 3 of them should not be beam rushing an SCP, only -3 should be.

Marvin Garden

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Jul 1, 2023
-3 is the only one that gets a beam, I could see adding a rule restricting the others from obtaining/using them.
Overall -support

FrostByte

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 25, 2021
All 3 of them should not be beam rushing an SCP, only -3 should be.
Right now any of them can get a beam which is what my suggestion now covers. -3 should be the only one using a beam and helping with containment directly, the other two should focus on defending people. But -1 and -2 can just ask any CL3 for a beam and cuffs and immediately get them, and they're immortal so its not like it can be lost.
-3 is the only one that gets a beam, I could see adding a rule restricting the others from obtaining/using them.
Overall -support
Thats what the suggestion says now, I'll just remove the part about nerfing -3 though. But the main suggestion is just to restrict the use of beams with -1 and 2

Geronimo

Jan 29, 2023
United Kingdom
Right now any of them can get a beam which is what my suggestion now covers. -3 should be the only one using a beam and helping with containment directly, the other two should focus on defending people. But -1 and -2 can just ask any CL3 for a beam and cuffs and immediately get them, and they're immortal so its not like it can be lost.
I'm fairly sure that -1 and -2 beaming SCPs falls under FailRP as their specialty does not consist of assisting recontainment, in which case should be reported to a staff member.

Dr Random K.

Game Master
Game Master
Oct 8, 2023
Site 54
+support
Seems people are misunderstanding the point of this suggestion
-1 and -2 should indeed not have the ability to get beams

Illidan Cyplenkov

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 24, 2020

++ DUBBLE PLUS SUPPORT SUPPORT

Giving a containment beam to an immortal SCP is dumb af. 22415 is only supposed to help the foundation with minor things, not with containing scp's. Giving even 1 beam to them practically nerfs all SCPs as they will get beamed the second they are lower HP and there is nothing you can do about it.

Also, 096 is completely useless as the scp's can just run around with buckets in their hand with 0 risk.

Ellie

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Feb 21, 2021
I'm fairly sure that -1 and -2 beaming SCPs falls under FailRP as their specialty does not consist of assisting recontainment, in which case should be reported to a staff member.
^^^

Reactions: Geronimo

Blackknight95

Super Administrator
Super Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Group Moderator
Jun 7, 2022
Suggestion Response

Hi Frostbyte,
Thanks for taking the time to make a Suggestion.

As Ellie has already said, doing this is failRP due to assisting with a combative scenarion, which they cannot do. We are looking into 22415-3 having a beam off spawn as well.

Mercer​

Status
Not open for further replies.