NWO name (regiment and rank): Pendulum Graves
Civilian name: N/A
Steam ID: 76561198275910477
Do you have a mic?: Yes

Is this the first application you made? If no, link all previous applications:
- N/A

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
- N/A

Do you have any previous experience as a Gamemaster/Event Manager in a community?:
- In a different community yes, in a Arma 3 server. I used to host daily events full of fun and activity, I have ideas about events all the time.

Do you have any previous experience with serious roleplay?:
- About 4 years worth of gameplay experience in different games and servers

How many hours can you be on everyday?:
- 6 - 8

Why do you want to become a Gamemaster on our server?:
- I really want to serve the community, like a civil servant if you will. I want to give back to the community, and being a gamemaster, I can achieve that.

What do you think you would be able to help us with on the server? Why are you special over the other applicants?:

I have a magnitude of experience serving servers that require help running; by making me a Gamemaster, I'd be able to host events that can add to my experience towards helping and providing for the server. The thing is, I'm orientated on helping others rather than myself; I consider myself to be quite selfless.
During hosting events, I will gain knowledge on what people like and don't like putting together a reservoir of ideas that go together, making event ideas on what people want to do and see. When I used to host events on the ARMA server, where I was quite successful, I used to make an event detail and repeat document, in this document, there would be successful events and new events over time. Successful events will happen again if people enjoy them.

Please List 3 small event ideas (Which would involve at least one side of the server):
An event that includes members hiding and seeking one another for a cash and xp prize.
An event that includes a capture the flag gamemode where both combatants will battle it out to catch and bring back the enemy's flag.
An event that includes a semi-gladiator-like arena where players will battle it out to kill each other till there is one victor

Please List an Map change event idea (Involving both sides and the entire server)
A Payday style bank robber game where both sides as in cops and robbers; in this event, there will be one side being cops and the other robbers. In the event will be a map with 3 - 5 buildings with caches of gold the robbers will attempt to take; in doing so, the cops will attempt to regain control of the caches. There will be twists and turns in the event, like plot twists and changes in the moments like things going wrong for both sides; once all caches have been secure, there will be a one-life deathmatch between both sides. Whoever comes out victorious gets another cache. I don't know the reward since I've not been a gamemaster on this server yet, but the rewards will be given to the side that wins and the number of secured caches.

List an example mission for each pair of regiments:
RMP / AOR:
Capture and arrest an escaped convict wanted for manslaughter and treason. After they capture the suspect alive, they will try to extract the information from him, asking him the right questions leading to the other traitors, so there will be 3 traitors in total. They can only arrest 1, and that one will have to give clues towards where the others are hidden.
SAS / STS:
A member of STS / SAS has gone rogue by finding clues left behind locked doors where they have to hack to get in, getting all the clues needed to find and assassinate the rogue STS / SAS
IVG / ISAF:
A windigo has emerged from the forest, IVG will be tasted to go and track down the windigo that is eating all the locals; they will seek out the windigo and kill him.

JAF / SWB:
A search and destroy mission where they will have to go and destroy enemies' fortress in their helicopters and then finally destroy here main base
1stAL / 17thAR:
A vehicle combat mission where they will encounter tanks and armored vehicles seeking to destroy their base; their primary objective is to destroy the vehicle try to reach and destroy their base.

Shepherd

MRP Patriot
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
-Support
Hey Pendulum, I cannot comment on your activity since I do not play on UK MRP but I will provide some criticism on some of the event ideas you made.

You barely provided any details in your application with regards to your minor event ideas. All three ideas are basic with bare minimum outlining, and your last idea sounds like a basic FFA that one could make happen with fists. Nothing stops soldiers from doing this to each other without a reward. Your map change event idea adds absolutely no value to military roleplay. I can understand one or two regiments but it does not make sense for two whole factions to be pitted against each other for.. robbery. Finally, your event ideas for each regiment pair have no added value except for the purposes of the regiments themselves.

For all the reasons outlined above, I will be giving your application a -Support. Good luck!

Pendulum

Mar 12, 2023
I’m going to start off with I’m disappointed, this community is bound to the same reason we come to play games and that’s to have fun with others. You cannot possibly think that I can trust you to make a UNIQUE and in told idea and that’s the thing they are IDEAS that develop when in play as I’ve suggested. You fail to grasp the gravity of what I say and the meaning of how I portray it. It clear to me that you all lack a sense of tolerance, how do you know the outcome when you don’t not let it work. As I’ve said I’d like to see a unique and never done before out of the head event idea. This isn’t aimed at anyone in particular it’s simply way I get to share you point of view. Maybe some of you failed to see that ideas are just ideas and I answered the question with my own detail, to not over complicate and make it to complex I put it in them terms so people could see the simple version.

Vladislav

Game Master
Game Master
Donator
Aug 5, 2021
Youre mothers bedroom
I’m going to start off with I’m disappointed, this community is bound to the same reason we come to play games and that’s to have fun with others. You cannot possibly think that I can trust you to make a UNIQUE and in told idea and that’s the thing they are IDEAS that develop when in play as I’ve suggested. You fail to grasp the gravity of what I say and the meaning of how I portray it. It clear to me that you all lack a sense of tolerance, how do you know the outcome when you don’t not let it work. As I’ve said I’d like to see a unique and never done before out of the head event idea. This isn’t aimed at anyone in particular it’s simply way I get to share you point of view. Maybe some of you failed to see that ideas are just ideas and I answered the question with my own detail, to not over complicate and make it to complex I put it in them terms so people could see the simple version.
First of all you "failed to grasp the gravity" that everyone who reads the application will require you to be creative about your events. They are meant to have something interesting and creative , maybe good attention to details, maybe theres good lore behind the event or something else, at which obviously you failed and started blaming others.

Secondly if you think that your events are good and deny the criticism that only tells me that you are not a team player, which will definitely not work if you try to apply for GM

And finally i have no clue why are you talking like you were born in 18th century, but coming from your attitude previously i can probably tell that you are just trying to grab attention or sound more smart or whatever

-support from me good luck

Last edited:

Jack G

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Feb 19, 2021
@Pendulum
I highly suggest adding more detail to each of your ideas before Rosco reads this as I can tell you now, from the lack of detail provided it will most likely be denied. We need to see that your ideas are unique and the only way we can see that is by running us through how you'd do it. I recommend looking through previously accepted GM Applications and looking at the level of detail that they portray as well as also be aware that you MAY be denied even with the added detail and so I don't want you to feel like I'm telling you that IF you do add the detail, you are GUARANTEED to be accepted as that is not the case. Simply trying to offer a helping hand.

Good luck in your application

Michiel-MV

Super Administrator
Super Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Group Moderator
Jan 1, 2021
Belguim
-Support leaning Neutral
Mature
Good RPer from what ive seen within AOR
Bad app

Small events
Imma be real your small event ideas are just more like a template with no real detail like how will you host this or what story is there behind. The ideas itself aren't that special aswell imo I recommend editing them. so for small events you get a
-support

Map change
This map change sounds not really like a military RP type event is more a dark RP type event imo. I would see a map change like that more in a dark rp or city rp type of server. so for map change you get a
-support

Regimental events

RMP/AOR:
sounds like a good idea

SAS/STS: Decent event idea

IVG/ISAF: Imma be real i would love to see this event the only sad thing about this idea there is not lots of detail written up but idea could be goofy

JAF/SWB: Basic

17th/1stAL; Basic

Neutral for regimental events

Hello pendulum I highly suggest you to edit or add more detail in your application cause these events are mostly very basic and that is not a good thing to put in your app. The ideas might be fun but in the gm team we need creative out of the box thinkers that can host really good events like I honestly think you can do that like that weindigo event its out of the box and it would be quite good if we see more detail on it aswell. but the only reason i lean to neutral is cause of your RP what I have seen within AOR you are quite a good RPer and in the GM team we need good RPer's.

Rosco

Civil Gamers Expert
Jun 9, 2021
Buzau, Romania
Application Denied

Hi @Pendulum ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a Game Master application.

The reason I am denying your application is because of the lack of creativity in the event ideas you have provided. You said in your message and i quote:

"You fail to grasp the gravity of what I say and the meaning of how I portray it."

But what you don't understand is that to get an idea of your creativity we have to get a full idea from your imagination that can be used as a event / roleplay situation to check how much of a creative mind you have.

You may re-apply in 2 weeks​

Status
Not open for further replies.