4 Months | Playtime: 3w 2d 17h

What country are you from?:
Portugal

Time Zone:
GMT/BST

Do you have a mic?:
Yes.

Is this your first application for Developer? If not, link previous ones:
It's my first Programmer Application. Here's my Mapper one.

Have you received any bans?:
No warns/kicks/bans.

How confident are you with GLua? (Rate yourself 1-10 using rating guide):

Do you have any experience with Git?:
I use it on a daily basis. (Personally and in the Work Place)

Do you have previous experience as a Developer for GMod?:
I know it's not a lot but I had a Spacebuild server back in 2017 and I've made a lot of servers to play with my friends (inclusive one mingy darkrp).
Besides GMOD I developed SEVERAL cs 1.6/cs:go servers from 2013-2020. Made a few Minecraft and Rust servers as well.

How many hours can you commit to developing per week?:
Really depends on my weekly work requirements. I usually get them done in the middle of the week so I might have more than 8 hours per week.

Why do you want to be a Developer? What can you help us with?:
I'm a professional Game Developer, games are literally my life's passion. I'd love to help the server out by fixing bugs, optimizing and implementing QOL scripts. I'm able to help out with pretty much anything.

Right now I work with Unity (C#) and I do mostly Networking/Gameplay.

My Github | My itch.io

Noticeable Works:
CTRL/ESC [Horror Game]
-> Relevant aspect in this game is the whole quest system made by myself (introducing a whole Operative System where you have actual programs that you have to run to complete some quests)

Wait Party Game [Party Game]
-> Wait Party Game is a Party Game inspired by Mario Party. It's not finished but there are already a lot of minigames that show off my physics/maths knowledge and also my Software Architecture skills.

Caelum [Survival Game]
-> This game is still in development but we're aiming to launch it in July. I've made a solid networking Golden Path together with fancy Player Physics, Inventory systems, Resource Gathering, Multiple Working Entities.., etc. (Ubisoft commented on our socials :cool:)

Right now, I don't have much GMOD work to show off besides this proof-of-concept but I'm able to do whatever you ask me to during the next few weeks.

Based on Connor's suggestion #2406 (SAM Radars show helis in range on the map) I've made an entity that consists of a Radar that detects WAC Helis and displays it on the back with a 3d2d GUI.)

Last edited:

Gela

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 21, 2022
Portugal
WAC Heli Detection Radar Update #1
+ The green line now follows the Radar Dish
+ Added more realism to it. Radar only updates helicopters if the dish is aiming at them.

Gela

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 21, 2022
Portugal
WAC Heli Detection Radar Final Update
+ Stylized the Heli Icon using surface and 3D2D
+ Made Heli Position and Angles a networked variable

Video (Tested on Dedicated Server):

Code (Attached File):

Attachments

• gela_radar.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 6

Hydro

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 19, 2020
Application Accepted

Hi Gela,

Thanks for taking the time to make a developer application.

From what I can see from your application you seem like a relatively competent developer, and whilst you've rated yourself modestly with GLua you've demonstrated an ability to quickly learn the language and create cool scripts. This is exactly the sort of thing that the development team needs and we'd be happy to take you on.

Now - because you're an Admin things get a bit complicated, but we can talk over all the details on Teamspeak and get you sorted with something to work on.​

Status
Not open for further replies.