Denied GENSEC Captain model changes

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This suggestion changes the GENSEC Captain uniform to better suit the wants of the people using it as currently... In the nicest way possible noone likes them. This isnt against any of the makers its just me, a few captains and many peoples opinion on them.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?: Considering they came out 30 mins ago I doubt it.

Possible Positives of the suggestion:
Better captain uniforms means more people might join for the model. It would help GENSEC and others take us seriously instead of obsessing over half life 2 models slotted between some choppy armour.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
None that I can think of considering I would honest like a copy and paste of what we got in the teasers and obviously thats just bodygroups so it wont take up dev time.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

Currently we look like this:
1717620184152.jpeg1717620222803.jpeg

Obviously this shit does not look bussin.

What me and others would like it to look like:
1717620264698.pngAfter 5 mins of the new model 4 separate people have said the phrase: "What have they done?" and "Why did they think this is good?" I personally dont see it as something to make me vomit but it does look pretty bad unlike the image provided above from the original teaser. When the cadet model looks 20 times better than the captain model... its a problem.

+Support, our loadout needs to be more centralized on the fact we are a field commander and not a faction leader that sits down all day, we need the balaclava as well as heavier gear. the beret has always been a thing for officers in MTFs. captains have always been recognizable with the black visor, bring that back with the new gear

I do have to say, the update doesnt really look anything like the teasers, however I know we wont get it changed any time soon, at the very least put something that covers the neck like a turtle neck esq thing or have the armor reach up there, one of the biggest down sides of the model is the fact we can see the weird neck.

+Support
these models are too dark, and dont fit the theme of the site at all, they're so dark you can barely make out differences between cadet, guard, and officer from a distance, also the guarded cargo pants from gtav do not look good...

also ima call out that dev for saying beggars cant be choosers nobody asked for some gtav online military outfit

• Haha
Reactions: Lord_Fr3ze
The new models did not turn out well. I don't feel like their looks represent their role in the foundation, feeling more like a secret intelligence group than Site Security. They are too slim and way too tactical, the details were overdone and some look like plastic as mentioned above. I'm no expert in Gmod models but something feels really off.

Reverting them back wouldn't be a good option either as the previous ones did need a change, but this is not the change they needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.