Accepted GENSEC LOADOUT CHANGES

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

"Mozzie"

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Jul 21, 2023
Red Sea
en.m.wikipedia.org
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

- Add a shotgun preferably the KSG to GSD CPT's (this would also force captains to hold the HWL)
- Add smoke grenades & or Flashes to SRU & CPT
- Add the deployable shield not riot shield to GSD CPT or give the option to choose between the two

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Not to my knowledge. Feel free to link a similair suggestion

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Allows GSD CPT's and SRU to better do their jobs and be more equiped to deal with GOI raids and or Hostile Dclass
- Allows for Captains & SRU to quickly deal with dclass and better hold CQC areas such as airlock or kitchen
- Offers more reason to play SRU which would pair with the accepted suggestion of changing SRU Clearence to bring SRU back to life
- Allows GSD to better combat riots

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Missuse of this equipment/Minging from Gensec players
- Possible Balancing issues with riots and general equipment availability
- Development time/implementation time

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Because I believe that since the GSD rework GSD has lost many of the imperetive equipment needed to deal with riots and hostile dclass as well as the low popularity of the SRU, this suggestion would increase the popularity of SRU and allow dblock, testing and GSD as a whole to function better.

Last edited:

Cary “Raven”

Jun 26, 2023
+ SUPPORT
Only I do think that Captains should keep the riot shield as we don't want too many jobs with deployable shields, this would cause them to stand everywhere and be misused too easily.

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
I was actually going to suggest SRU get flashbangs and/or smoke grenades, seems like you got there first. Also mostly pretty happy with the rest of the suggested changes.

Painter

Jun 18, 2023
[REDACTED]
+support for only the shield swap.

Please do not give any Gensec any grenades, having random SRUs tranq me across core bridge is enough. Imagine them throwing smokes in airlock and tower randomly just to mess with people in there or flash banging the research line area.

Juju

Civil Gamers Expert
May 1, 2022
+Support it sounds like a good suggestion and anyways a GSD CPT should have a HWL and if they dont they shouldnt be a GSD CPT

Alan Froud

Apr 8, 2023
+/- SUPPORT

+good idea
+has More than Required for Positives

-The Captain is Not really meant to Fight with GSD in Riots Captains are meant to Give orders Most of the Time, and keep Gensec in Check.
+over all Good APP just needs some Improvement

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.