Denied Give combat medics elastic restraints on spawn

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simply

Dec 19, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Gives combat medics elastic restraints on spawn like GENSEC have.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- save combat medics the trouble of having to always grab elastic restraints from the dispenser
- with combat medics now spawning back in medbay it will allow us to Cuff D-Class if they are escaping instead of having to shoot them due to not having elastic restraints

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- I honestly don't see any negatives here, we can already grab them from the dispenser let us just spawn with them

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted: it allows combat medics to be more passive and less aggressive by having the option to cuff people instead of just shooting them, it also makes alot of sense for combat medics to have them to transport d class inside of medbay

Simon "Kitton" A.

Apr 16, 2022
- Support
While I do agree medical department should be slightly buffed I don't think giving them elastic restraints on spawn would be a good idea.
Just because medics need to drag D-Class in medbay using elastic restraints it doesn't mean they should spawn with them if they have dispensers.

It's like saying... "CI always raids foundation with a BTR so now Nu-7 gets to spawn with a matador" The logic is there but server content isn't about things being way too easy, at times you have to simply gear yourself up or ask others for help or simply deal with the situation in a diffrent manner.

As for the fact that "it also makes alot of sense for combat medics to have them to transport d class inside of medbay" that is an In-Game policy and doesn't rely on server content after all we are an RP server.

- Simon

Reactions: Niox

Change Z. "Somebody"

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Jun 13, 2022
-support
stated above
- Support
While I do agree medical department should be slightly buffed I don't think giving them elastic restraints on spawn would be a good idea.
Just because medics need to drag D-Class in medbay using elastic restraints it doesn't mean they should spawn with them if they have dispensers.

It's like saying... "CI always raids foundation with a BTR so now Nu-7 gets to spawn with a matador" The logic is there but server content isn't about things being way too easy, at times you have to simply gear yourself up or ask others for help or simply deal with the situation in a diffrent manner.

As for the fact that "it also makes alot of sense for combat medics to have them to transport d class inside of medbay" that is an In-Game policy and doesn't rely on server content after all we are an RP server.

- Simon

Simply

Dec 19, 2022
- Support

- Simon
I respect your thoughts but I can't help but feel that the logic is a bit flawed. Your argument about nu7 should get matador does not apply in this situation. With that logic why should GENSEC or IA spawn with elastic restraints. If they are available from the dispenser then why should anyone spawn with handcuffs, elastic restraints, or hazmat suits? I think the big part is that it makes logical sense for them to just be equipped with them, which is my argument that I feel like it also makes sense for combat medics to be equipped with them due to are line of work.

Also gensec cuffing D-Class to go on a test us a 'in game policy" so I feel like that also just sort of falls a bit flat.

Simply

Dec 19, 2022
-support
"no negatives"
second comment immediately lists multiple negatives
The second comment lists some good counter arguments but does not list any negatives necessarily. I don't see how they're really can be a negative to just removing a 10-minute timer on elastic restraints, considering medics can already use elastic restraints.

Naffen

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Apr 11, 2022
-support dispenser, just cause you think its easier to get it added doesnt mean you need it added

Michael Dzhetnikov

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 22, 2022
-Support
Combat Medics are not allowed to assist gensec unless authorised by a GSD Cpt+, if authed, just dispense some.

Michael Dzhetnikov

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 22, 2022
With that logic why should GENSEC or IA spawn with elastic restraints. If they are available from the dispenser then why should anyone spawn with handcuffs, elastic restraints, or hazmat suits?
Because they need them for their jobs and tasks, unlike combat medics, which jobs are to heal personnel in combat situations.

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
-Support
-I swear saving time from using the Dispenser is always mentioned, yet it Exists just o Dispense these types of Items
-At that point just give every combative GOI Elastics

Deleted member 3849

This has been suggested before and was denied, I'm going to guess this will be denied again. The only real use I find cuffs really useful is to pull downed people away from gunfire. Although in that case cuffs can be used from a dispenser.

Painter

Jun 18, 2023
[REDACTED]
-support

Your a combat medic, not GENSEC with medkit. Can always use dispenser for elastics, one is right next to your spawn.

Goondra "Sleepy"

Dec 9, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi Simply,
Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.
-
Content Team Feel Combat Medics should not be cuffing people in general
They are to assist when its needed and this is how dispensers are meant to be used

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.