Denied Give MC&D Scranton Reality Anchors

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
It gives MC&D a Scranton Reality Anchor on spawn as apart of their default loadout

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Don't believe so.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
MC&D have a easier time killing Reality Benders/SCP's (There shouldn't be a spam issue as there is a cooldown in place for placing Anchors).
Someone can finally fix these stupid reality distortions on surface. (see below)1710631728475.png
GOI's could find more use cooperating with MC&D which would result in more RP creation.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Balancing
MC&D might use it to counter CI TB's/GOC Thaum's on surface.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Really just a convenience thing. No one fixes the reality distortions on surface, so might as well have MC&D be the ones to be fixing it (With some other upsides)

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
I'll be honest - i dont have a clue why they even exist on surface. I'm surprised more civilians don't use it to determine "omg guys anomalous shit inugfhudfhghgdfhjfgdhjhj" when they are literally reality distortions. Like i'm not a Canadian, but i dont think its a normal occurrence for people outside of the ones doing drugs

Witch

Sep 22, 2023
I'll be honest - i dont have a clue why they even exist on surface. I'm surprised more civilians don't use it to determine "omg guys anomalous shit inugfhudfhghgdfhjfgdhjhj" when they are literally reality distortions. Like i'm not a Canadian, but i dont think its a normal occurrence for people outside of the ones doing drugs
The good RPers do use it, we call them natural gas leaks.

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
The good RPers do use it, we call them natural gas leaks.
bro canada got some wild ass natural gas leaks

This is also US specific since i have not once seen them called gas leaks on the UK in my whole year playing on the server

KalebStar

Aug 10, 2023
I wanted to do this, but I feel like this could harm the balance of surface a bit more than wanted
Don't see how it would. Guess MC&D could sell them to civies but at that point it just gives GOC a job to do on surface since paratech and alla that and selling to anyone else is just meh since they could just dispense them. Worst case scenario MC&D farm xp on surface but like it costs money and there's a pretty long cooldown for it.

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
Don't see how it would. Guess MC&D could sell them to civies but at that point it just gives GOC a job to do on surface since paratech and alla that and selling to anyone else is just meh since they could just dispense them. Worst case scenario MC&D farm xp on surface but like it costs money and there's a pretty long cooldown for it.
When I say imbalance surface - I mean MC&D buying a metric fuck ton of Scranton’s to deal with reality benders on surface

KalebStar

Aug 10, 2023
When I say imbalance surface - I mean MC&D buying a metric fuck ton of Scranton’s to deal with reality benders on surface
I mean how often do you see MC&D fight reality benders? Say they are hostile to CI or GOC for whatever reason (which is a rare ocasion) there's like 4 dudes tops with reality anchors against people who can just blast them and have way more support than a couple of dudes in hoodies. All of that if you consider MC&D working as a group while 90% of people just do their own thing.

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
I mean how often do you see MC&D fight reality benders?
Whenever they can. They just don’t do it well because they lack the equipment

Say they are hostile to CI or GOC for whatever reason (which is a rare ocasion) there's like 4 dudes tops with reality anchors against people who can just blast them and have way more support than a couple of dudes in hoodies. All of that if you consider MC&D working as a group while 90% of people just do their own thing.
POV: MC&D sells Scranton reality anchors to CI and GOC (they have 25 people total) and the reality bender can’t do shit
this is the sernario I’m thinking of

Status
Not open for further replies.