Denied Give O-1 access to IA Comms

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recker

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Nov 26, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Gives Omega-1 access to IA Comms.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I don't believe so, no.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Allows O-1 to directly communicate with IA to order arrests when necessary.
- Allows IA to request O-1's assistance on arrests when they prove to be too difficult.
- IA are never allowed to arrest O-1 so there's no concern of IA plotting to arrest O-1 in their comms and them seeing it.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- None, really. O-1 holds themselves to a high standard and would strike anyone who misuses the comms.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Giving O-1 access to IA comms would allow both of these groups that focus on Ethics to work more closely and discretely together. Omega-1 would not have to call out AOS on people in CL3 comms where they can see it and avoid being arrested. There are times when high profile people need to be arrested as well, and this discrete way of communication would allow a more clear and secretive line of communication to be had for such people to be arrested.

Josher

Jan 17, 2023
+Support
As the director of IA i believe this could be incredibly beneficial for both parties involved.

Holding: IA Director, CI-D, 096
Held: ECA, E11 CPL, E11 PVT

Reactions: Recker
-support
Why just O1, all of ISD enforce their side of the FLC, alpha1 enforce conduct codex and o1 enforce ethical codex this just seems like a US suggestion cause you guys call yourself "Law Enforcement" ?
A1 never actually enforce or arrest people. O1 work for the ETHICS Committee who's job is to arrest people and bring justice. A1 just dont give a fuck if someone breaks the LC and would most probably call IA instead

Recker

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Nov 26, 2022
-support
Why just O1, all of ISD enforce their side of the FLC, alpha1 enforce conduct codex and o1 enforce ethical codex this just seems like a US suggestion cause you guys call yourself "Law Enforcement" ?
Actually that term is outdated. O-1 is ISD along with Alpha-1 but O-1 mainly enforces Ethics.

Also, if SL wants they can add A-1 to this.

Jul 14, 2023
Poland
A1 never actually enforce or arrest people. O1 work for the ETHICS Committee who's job is to arrest people and bring justice. A1 just dont give a fuck if someone breaks the LC and would most probably call IA instead
If you have not seen A1 arresting people then it means they're doing their job well. Omega-1 alongside Alpha-1 do arrest people if they see them breaking the FLC. Personally, as an assistant working directly with alpha-1, I frequently arrest people, and see people being arrested by them.

Recker

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Nov 26, 2022
If you have not seen A1 arresting people then it means they're doing their job well. Omega-1 alongside Alpha-1 do arrest people if they see them breaking the FLC. Personally, as an assistant working directly with alpha-1, I frequently arrest people, and see people being arrested by them.
A-1 in the US server rarely enforce FLC (words from an A-1 I spoke to this morning) unless it pertains to infobreaches or operational security. However as I previously said, I wouldn't mind it if SL added A-1 to this suggestion so both A-1 and O-1 got access to IA Comms.

A-1 in the US server rarely enforce FLC (words from an A-1 I spoke to this morning) unless it pertains to infobreaches or operational security. However as I previously said, I wouldn't mind it if SL added A-1 to this suggestion so both A-1 and O-1 got access to IA Comms.
A-1 love arresting people, we regularly would go in D-block to find people like chef aiding D-class and arresting them. I would love to have IA help out with that but talking in comms would alert the person I'm trying to arrest. You catch alot of people doing bad things while disguised so being able to communicate with IA and have them bust in would be cool.
+support

Hey, this isn't true, A-1 very frequently arrest people for breaking the CoC.
Though at the same time A-1 manages to do it completely independently from IA so I don't really see a benefit from it because presumably O-1 could enforce the CoE independently from IA.

neutral, I don't see a benefit but if o1 and ia see a benefit it wouldn't be terrible

Last edited:

Recker

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Nov 26, 2022
Idk about US, but O1's jobs arent to arrest lower level personnel like IA do, their specific purpose is to bring justice to CL4s and other high clearance personnel that broke the CoE
As stated in the suggestion, this line of communication would allow O-1 to communicate to IA to arrest lower level individuals who break COE.

Status
Not open for further replies.