Denied Give Security Captains their F90 back

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero Hero

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 15, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Replace the MK18 on the Security Captain Job with the F90

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Not to my knowledge

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Bringing back a traditional weapon to the Captain flag
Removes the disparity between the Captain base loadout and Officer Patrol Kit
Makes the transition from Officer to Captain much smoother
Makes being Captain more bearable without a perma weapon to supplement the lack of a decent primary.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Might mess with balance between D-Class and GENSEC

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Before the GENSEC rework, Security Captains had the F90. Since then, it has been replaced with the MK18. Putting aside the MK18’s buggy model (the front sight isn’t removed when a sight is placed on the weapon, meaning it blocks any sight you put onto it), the F90 is a weapon that is given to lower ranks while at the same time being much more potent than the MK18. This presents an extremely brutal transition from being an officer with an F90 to a Captain with a MK18. Most Captains supplement this issue through perma weapons like the VHS-D2, but I think that forcing people who play these vital combative CL4 roles to buy a perma weapon because their base primary is worse than a CL3’s is not fair.

Sylveon

Game Master
Game Master
Jul 25, 2022
+Support
F90 is a great weapon, and honestly was very deserving as a Captain/Chief weapon. I don't know why the MK18 got added over the F90.

Auburn

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Group Moderator
Jan 2, 2023
Suggestion Denied

Hi Zero,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

We changed the F90 MBR to the MK-18 after a mass amount of complaints from GSD Leadership specifically about the F90 MBR.
The current weapon you have is very competitive in terms of weapon stats compared to other guns, beating out the majority of "meta" weapons stat wise.
Gensec is not a part of the weapon rework as when it was started GSD had just received their general rework update. This this weapon will not be changing any time soon.
I encourage you to use a weapon from the armoury, or purchase one of the many available perma weapons to alleviate the issue you are experiencing.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.