Denied Give us a Roadmap for MRP Content

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Gives us a roadmap
for the content that's planned or that is going to be added as well as a hopeful date of finish.
It is currently the 17/10/2024.
The last content addition we had to Military Roleplay was the Infantry changes, something that was mentioned in August, not done until early October.
The only major updates that we have had before that are VCHAT, which as much as the UI looks amazing and it's had a really good job on it, what's the point in chat updates if you've got 30 people playing your server at a max? It feels like the updates we get are either delayed for a ridiculous amount of time, or are just the leftovers of what SCP has had.

To put it into perspective, Kvarker and Jacob commonly get asked to help and do updates for SCP. Never ONCE can I remember a dev coming over and helping MRP from SCP other than Lion for Fishing, of which I believe he was only doing because it was going to be added to DarkRP anyways. Kvarker and Jacob are the only two developers keeping Military Roleplay afloat and taking them away constantly to push SCP updates and changes is directly harming our server.

For example.
-> We had a UI update done for the Vietnam map which constantly causes lagging issues as soon as you respawn where your FPS drops to >20 and you can't hear anything for a while.
-> We have a persistent issue where if you spawn in base, you are fine and can move correctly and the game works as intended, however as soon as you spawn on an FOB, you get an Error Connection that keeps popping up and going away, you physically can't move as though the server has crashed where it keeps rubber banding you however the chat and voice amplification still works. The only fix is to restart constantly.

Major Content we've been told we were getting
- Fishing (Mentioned in the Community Town Hall, pre-august)
- Gambling (Mentioned in the Community Town Hall, pre-august)
- Tactical Tablet (Teased at the start of August)

There's content on the Github from when the START of my time as Content Lead as a Senior Moderator which hasn't been implemented, presumably because we get delegated 0 content. I want to stress, I do NOT blame Kvarker or Jacob. They do an extremely good job at what they do.

I speak for the entire Military Roleplay community when I say we just want clarity. What are we getting. What aren't we getting. When can we expect it to be done by, what can we expect to be done. Is there plans to keep MRP afloat.
I understand we are NOT a revenue stream as big as SCP and so keeping them up to date is more important, we understand that 100%. But surely there's options for more donation packages, more unique content and things that won't take as long as the content previously listed above. We can't keep doing the same shit day in day out expecting no change. Look at other MRP servers. They get CONSTANT updates and high numbers, how can we be expected to stay on the same server when quite frankly, it's being outperformed.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Probably Not

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
We get more numbers, the community that you still have can once again grow. Retention on the server is piss poor and although it's not my decision or 'job' to come up with new ways to bring new players in, the current Server Leadership team know what to do.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
A dev from SCP helps us which means they lose a dev temporarily.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
MRP is on a downwards trend and I'm unsure as to why we're happy with it? 60 players was the bear limit we'd accept 1 year ago however no one seems to be making a big deal about these constant 20-30 players max days we've been having more consistently.
I don't expect Community Supervisors to know the issue and what it's like to play MRP for as long as most this community has however the hard reality and fact of the matter is
The only reason this server is afloat right now is because we constantly recycle old players that come back into the community. I'd wager a bet that 80% of the current community have played between 1-2 years, with only a bear couple players being within the last 6 months that continue to play.

We're tired, and again this isn't having a go at anyone, it's giving the community's harsh reality on what's currently happening and why we are exhausted from holding onto slim hopes of getting major content updates. Specifically from the MRP community, if you have any thoughts, please leave them below. A lot of your current staff team think the exact same thing, if you don't want to hear it from players at least speak to them and see what they think. All I'm asking for is a roadmap and for Kvarker and Jacob to have a bit of help, even if it means we have more stuff in the donator store to give some incentive to help us.

Reactions: Harry
Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Yeke

Community Manager
Community Manager
Group Moderator
Mar 20, 2022
Hello Jack.

I speak for the entire Military Roleplay community when I say we just want clarity. What are we getting. What aren't we getting. When can we expect it to be done by, what can we expect to be done.

Thankyou for taking the time to write this, however we will not be providing a roadmap, especially not with dates of completion, due to many circumstances outside of our control, these dates get missed and cause issues, furthermore should a project get dropped or delayed, this lends to further anger and resentment.

In relation to content, I will be frank with the MRP community, we are out of ideas of what to add for you guys for any major named content updates, and we have attempted to ask people for ideas and we end up with the infamous Steven Connor MRP content loop, adding things from the backlog have either not been implemented due to the fact the tickets are outdated and no longer relevant and/or a dev doesn't want to complete the tickets that are waiting (as they are freely able to choose their tickets)

Furthermore, have any of these major bugs above been reported, as nothing has come to me, if it had, I would have asked if metro could take a look at it outside of our developer team.

As a result, I will close the thread and lock it, any concerns, please reach out to me if you wish for further elaboration.

Kind Regards
Yeke

Status
Not open for further replies.