Status
Not open for further replies.

IRONGRINDER321

Jun 30, 2022
Your in-game name: Arnold Vineitti

Your SteamID:748492734758388

Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/7484927347583882/home

Date of ban: 10/25/2022

What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): 'FailRP [E], stacked Bans [A], Toxicty [A]'

Who banned you: Ruby

Ban length?: 4 days

What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP USA

Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/

What will you do to stop this from happening again: I will make sure to read everything I can about 914 before I use it.....

Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned? Yes ive been banned before

Why should you be unbanned: I was playing late at night yasterday/ today past 12. I was a cgi with my partner and we went

inside because in rp my old partner died becuase of taking pictures. He is my old partner but in rp hes a new man. I tell him

about my old partner and we set off in the vents. we have out guns in our inventory when we hop out. We landed inside of

the place near 914 you can drop. We got out of the door and started wandering. We where just outside of 914 when a officer

went inside. My memory is a bit fuzzy becuase it was so long ago. We followed the officer and stopped him. He pulled out a

gun and we shot at him. my partner killed him. Then we went inside of the computer room ( we got lv 2 off of the officer)

then I started prining my propaganda and pinned it to the bord. Then I read about a 914 document and got a general Idea

that it upgrades. I have been in a sit before about a week about and got warned for fail rp because I cant use 914 without

knowing about it. The admin said in the sit a week ogo that i can use 914 if I have a general Idea of what it does such as

upgrading. I got the general Idea and went inside of the 914 chamber past the blastdoor. My mind is a bit fuzzy but this is

where the admins got really pissy. I have no idea if i turned the nobbs on 914 of not but we went inside on 1:1 and he got a

tech expert and I got a class-D disguse. I went in once more and became a jr. Research then we bounced. The rest of the

time we where goofing around and trying to get matching key cards. He needed a tech expert card and I needed a jr.

researcher card. By the end of our raid we were inside of scp 173 controll room in the deep part. I was reloading my gun

and he was too. we heard the door open so we went up the stairs and saw a IA opening the door to the controll room. We

put our guns away and greeted him. The IA put his gun away and pulled a keycard out. Thats when I cuffed him and pulled

out my pistol. I also stripped him with my bind. I gave my pistol to my partner because I recently saved him from I think the

same IA because he searched him and took his gun. I killed all the people around and uncuffed him and hid in 173 with

him. Back to the IA cuffed part. My parner was giving a speach about how the Millitary base was currupt and He is not

letting innocent people Die again. Then we heard the IA use comms and a code 1 was engaged. we killed the IA and

booked it. we stayed around the catwalk near 914 for some time because I was arguing in OOC to turn off the code 1 and

they did. Then we see the IA coming up the catwalk. the same one we killed twice. then he pulled out his gun and rdmed us.

not 2 minutes later I made a sit and was pulled in it. I gave the man two clips of him using comms and rdming us. The

admin said he cant do anything about it becuase he left and was not pulled into a sit before he left. I have been banned

LTAP in the past for leaving 6 minutes before some random sit was made for me. The IA was NEVER warned. my partner

crashed and he was reconnecting at the time o the sit. Then they ended the sit and kept me for longer and thats when ruby

came up and handed me a document and said "Is this the document you read?" I said I dont know it was a long time since

I used 914. out raid lasted about 45 minutes. Then he started interrorgating me saying "Did yoiu read this?" or "did you read

that?" and he kepts saying I was fail rping because I had no rp reason to MOVE THE NOBS ON 914! i said "I dont even know if i

moved them or not. The he said I need to read about each and every mode of 914 even though I did not know if I used one

or more modes. all i remember is using 1:1 and i dont know if I changed it. We went bck and forth and I tried my BEST to try

to make him understand, or lition to what I was saying but he did not give two shits. I said "this is fucking retarded" at the

start of the sit and they said dont say it agian. at the end of the sit when I was getting banned I said "Dude! this is ret- dumb"

I stopped myself and they said "I told you not to say that" I said "what?" and they where like "you know...." this is all Bs, i did

not even break fail rp. Sorry for the lenthy explination I thought it would be better if I explained it all.

How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: By reading the rules and stuff for Cgi and about using 914.

Why do you want to rejoin this server?: Its a fun server.

Last edited:

Claire!

Blacklisted Player
May 29, 2022
Los Angeles, California
Hello @IRONGRINDER321

The reason why I banned you was because you had used 914, and put it exacly to 1:1, without any RP knowledge, while yes you could have had a doc on 914, but the doc you had been saying was not enough.

We ( Mickle) Had checked the scriptnet comptuer looking for docs. That would be enough. I Had asked another staff member for there thoughts within the situation, as I was not so sure as I have never dealt with this

No documents that we had found ( Mickle) mentioned on what the settings do. And we had not find it, you're story had kept changing, you're story had kept changing.
" Oh It was on 1:1"
" Oh I think it was on 1:1"
I had been given three choices to give
Let you off with a verbal
Give you a meta gaming warn
Or give you a FailRP E ban..

Not having that type of knowledge of what SCP-914 settings do, is not enough.

Also the sit before this, was not my sit, with the Person who had RDMed you. I do depply aplogize about that.

Stay safe,
Wade.

IRONGRINDER321

Jun 30, 2022
Hello @IRONGRINDER321

The reason why I banned you was because you had used 914, and put it exacly to 1:1, without any RP knowledge, while yes you could have had a doc on 914, but the doc you had been saying was not enough.

We ( Mickle) Had checked the scriptnet comptuer looking for docs. That would be enough. I Had asked another staff member for there thoughts within the situation, as I was not so sure as I have never dealt with this

No documents that we had found ( Mickle) mentioned on what the settings do. And we had not find it, you're story had kept changing, you're story had kept changing.
" Oh It was on 1:1"
" Oh I think it was on 1:1"
I had been given three choices to give
Let you off with a verbal
Give you a meta gaming warn
Or give you a FailRP E ban..

Not having that type of knowledge of what SCP-914 settings do, is not enough.

Also the sit before this, was not my sit, with the Person who had RDMed you. I do depply aplogize about that.

Stay safe,
Wade.
Stop giving me awnsers like "and put it exacly to 1:1, without any RP knowledge" , "Not having that type of knowledge of what SCP-914 settings do, is not enough" and at the same time say "No documents that we had found ( Mickle) mentioned on what the settings do." When did I ever say I changed the Setting? Even if I did, or wanted to, how would I do that? You keep saying I need RP knowledge but also keep saying no document contains the info I need acording to you. Ive been in a sit before about 914 with a admin, and they said I can use 914 if I get a general understanding of what it does; upgrading. I did just that. I really want you to give me stright answers were, or atleast explain to me what can I do in the future as cgi tv to be able to use 914. Not once have you told me what I can do, only give me bs explinations on what I did wrong, with no logic or rules backing them up. Just because im cgi does not mean our team is not allowed to use the knobs. Sorry for cursing out in this reply, I have redone it.

Last edited:

Requis

Super Administrator
Super Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Group Moderator
Apr 30, 2022
WHO DELETED THE SUPPORT MESSAGES? IS THIS APPEAL CLOSED? WTF! YOU CANT RESPOND BECASE YOU ARE THE ONE WHO BANNED ME!
Uninvolved people should never respond to ban appeals. Ban appeals should only contain yourself, the person who banned you, and the final verdict by an admin+. Supports and any unnecessary clutter are removed as it provides no actual basis. The person who banned you is required to respond, as they give insight into their reasoning.

This appeal is not yet closed as no US Admin+ has responded with a verdict.

Alpha Toon

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 9, 2021
Appeal Accepted

Hi @IRONGRINDER321,

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

Upon review of the appeal, I have determined that a ban was issued incorrectly. You do not need specific knowledge of the settings for 914, just an understanding of what the scp does. To further clarify, if we look at the first part of the FailRP rule, it states;
1.2 Don’t FailRP - FailRP stands for "Fail Roleplay". It's when someone acts in a very unrealistic way that their character would not do.

If you have knowledge of a machine that can upgrade items, it's not unrealistic for someone to want to test the capabilities of the machine and explore what the machine can do. The most we can say is that it may be an unwise choice to test without knowing what the settings do. I will also say that it isn't unrealistic for someone to understand the concept of 1:1 as it usually implies a replica, first copy or something closely matching to whatever item you have.

Based on the above, I will speak to Wade in regards to how they handled the situation. I will also allow the ban to be taken off your record (Please contact an admin+ ingame).

Regards,
Alpha​

Status
Not open for further replies.