Gougars Ban Appeal [SCP-RP USA]

Status
Not open for further replies.

a very serious gamer man

Jul 19, 2022
Your in-game name: "Gougar"

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:215798806

Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198391863341/

Date of ban: 10/5/2023

What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): Transphobia/racism/homophobia against community members

Who banned you: Cloak

Ban length?: 26 weeks

What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA

Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/

What will you do to stop this from happening again: To prevent this from happening in the future, I will not make offensive jokes or comments at others' expense.

Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned?: I have no active warnings at the moment.

Why should you be unbanned: It is most important that I open by apologizing to all those who I insulted and to all those that I indirectly offended. What I did was deeply wrong, and there's no fully excusing what I did: even if I put it in a private server, intent was still put behind the words I said and feelings were still hurt at the end of the day. My comments were unacceptable in every regard, and I should have put more thought into what I said before I actually said it. I should have made an effort to consider the impact of what I was saying, and I was hasty to dismiss any concerns of the actual impact of those concepts just because I was not directly called out for it prior.

I do not see it necessary to address each individual charge, or speculate on the exact messages that led to my ban, but I can say this with full confidence: After reflecting on comments of the sort, I would do anything to be fully forgiven for what I said. But I know I can't. I can speculate on a thousand things I should've done better, how I should've been more considerate, should've seen the issue with it, so on and so forth. But that won't change anything, nor will my apology alone change anything. I'll tell you that I'm apologetic, that I realize how offensive and vile those comments were, and I'll mean it to its fullest extent, but the damage is still done. Such is why I want to extensively promise that I will not let anything like this happen again: I'll be considerate before I joke about sensitive topics, and I'll keep in mind the impact of what I say on other people, even if they can't see what I say.

I want to conclude by saying that not everyone is going to think I deserve a second chance. What I've done is unredeemable to some, and that is fair: I won't try to justify it myself. But I'm making this ban appeal to say that I'm sorry for everything, and that I promise that I can, and will, do better. It shouldn't matter if what I said was intended as truly hateful or not; while as the comments were meant to be jokes, they still spread a hateful narrative that negatively affected people. In my eyes, I have matured, I have recognized my flaws, and I have improved on them, and it is for this reason that I believe that I should get a second chance.

How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: I have played this server for over a year, and in the time I have played, I have followed the rules in their entirety. If and when I continue to play, I will continue to follow these rules as I did before, and it should not be much of an issue, especially considering that the reason I was banned previously was for something out of game. That being said, I do want to restate my newfound consideration in regards to what I say to others, particularly in matters out of game (this extends to the Forums, the Discord, the Teamspeak, etc.)

Why do you want to rejoin the server?: I want to rejoin the server because of all the good memories I have on here. This is not to guilt trip, but I can say full-heartedly that playing with my friends, whether it be in A-1, DEA, or whatever else it was, was some of the most fun I've had on GMod. I'd love to come back and, with the maturity I have now, once again have a positive impact on the server, participate in the community, and rebuild the friendships I once made on here.

Canoon

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Jul 23, 2022
Appeal Accepted

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

The Network Leadership team have reviewed your ban, and your actions since the ban. Given that you have not made alt accounts, and waited 6 months prior to making an appeal, we are willing to give you a chance and allow you back in.

I will note however, that if you do the behavior that got you banned in the first place again, you will likely find yourself back out of the community, for good.​

Status
Not open for further replies.