Gravy on a Chippy?

Valkon

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
Inspired by the lovely barm thread

Fellow UK civil gamers - is it acceptable to put gravy on your chippy? So like Fish, Chips, Mushy Peas and Gravy?

(correct answer is yes)

Could use a proper nice barmcake to soak up the leftover gravy.

Hydro

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 19, 2020
I don't eat the hard ends of chips so I personally don't but gravy on chips. If you put gravy on fish then you're a wrong-un anyway.

Mushy peas are fine because you can dip chips in them (and because it doesn't go everywhere).

Typically for me gravy is reserved for mashed potatoes and dipping chicken in.

Valkon

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
I don't eat the hard ends of chips so I personally don't but gravy on chips. If you put gravy on fish then you're a wrong-un anyway.

Mushy peas are fine because you can dip chips in them (and because it doesn't go everywhere).

Typically for me it's reserved for mashed potatoes and dipping chicken in.
I don't mind gravy on the fish, chip shop gravy hits different and goes with the fish somehow. But usually I'd dump the mushy peas on top of the fish and reserve the gravy for dipping chips in.

My standard order is always sausage, chips and gravy anyways which just always slaps

Arron 'Spectre' Shepard

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
May 8, 2022

Fellow UK civil gamers - is it acceptable to put gravy on your chippy? So like Fish, Chips, Mushy Peas and Gravy?

(correct answer is yes)

Yeah but if I'm at a local up norf in Lancashire I'd usually get curry sauce instead.

Yeke

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Mar 20, 2022

(correct answer is yes)

it is completely acceptable.

anyone who tells you otherwise is wierd, I personally don't like chippy food minus puddings (aka Baby heads) or jumbo sosig.

{Mercs}DoR

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Feb 23, 2021
Whenever I go to the chippy takeaway I get a sausage chios and curry. Same with the rest of my family roughly. Curry and chips from a fish and chips place is always good

Michiel-MV

Super Administrator
Super Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Group Moderator
Jan 1, 2021
Belguim
Look i believe your chips are our french fries us here in belguim imma be honest Gravy on fries here in belgium is bussin its really good. But also the diffrence between belgium and the uk we have good fries :)

Last edited:

Valkon

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
Gravy on your roast or your mash, chippy is the curry sauce and you have to have fish for the mushy peas.
Curry sauce is acceptable, but gravy on a chippy is absolutely banging - don't knock it til you try it

Hydro

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 19, 2020
Curry sauce is acceptable, but gravy on a chippy is absolutely banging - don't knock it til you try it
Are you telling pork pies and a bag of trout, because if you are why didn't you wield the Heinz red?

• Wow
Reactions: Valkon

Bubba

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
gravy on fish is something else