Gunsche's Director of Internal Affairs Application [UK]

Status
Not open for further replies.

yedekkral

Jun 26, 2023

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:143522965
Discord name: yedekkral
For how long have you played on CG SCP: too long (this is a shout out to Corbin)
In what country are you located?: Netherlands
Time zone: GMT +1
Character's name: Kurt Gunsche
Civilian name: Leopold Gunsche
What server are you applying for?: UK
Do you have a mic?: Yes
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
- Holding ECA
- Held IA Ambassador
- Held IA cl3
- Held MTF nu7 and e11 (pvt was the highest rank)
- Held UN
- Held CI
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
Why are you applying for Director of Internal Affairs and what makes you suitable?
I have played on the server for some considerable time now. As I gradually went through the progression steps one by one, my heart always has beaten with Internal Affairs. It was the first department I mained with a slight love at first sight. I've seen multiple Directors, ranging from John to Merrick. With two ambassadorship positions I held at different eras of Internal Affairs and Ethics Committee Assistantship which I'm holding, now I feel ready to take on the role of Director for my and our beloved Internal Affairs. It is my desire to be a fitting Director to better develop Internal Affairs and keep the shining profile of it alive till the day I will pass it on to the next to come after me. I wish to revive the forgotten mentorship program which we tried to develop back in the day to prepare prospective Ambassadors even before they took the position so that they would be the best of themselves when they finally take the bold step of becoming an Internal Affairs Ambassador. I wish to bolster the roster of personnel with prosecute actively in tribunals, and bring more to the current status of Internal Affairs.

Some might argue on the reality of better candidates being around, some of them reaching for the position of Director with their applications. However, due to the nature of these applications, I am obligated to make you, the Committee, believe that I am the best candidate out there. This is one thing I will not do. Instead, I will praise the rest of the applicants and show commendations for them as well as explain the nature of the position I am holding in this contest for the Directorship of Internal Affairs.

As both the other two are still a part of Internal Affairs and they are both holding Ambassadorship positions while one of them holds the Committee Assistantship position, I can say with confidence that they are both in a closer arc of DoIA. They are both shining examples of professional conduct in a calm manner. Both are most suitable for the position, both are more familiar than me with the current roster and current needs of Internal Affairs. I, on the other hand, am a product of patience and many Directors who came before me. I've rasped off a majority of my contras prior to applying for the position. The time I've spent to learn more about the Committee as an Assistant helped me to observe Internal Affairs and granted me a new perspective on the needs of the Department. Of course, even if I feel ripe and ready for the position, who shall take the position will be the edict of the Committee.

What are the responsibilities of the Director of Internal Affairs in RP?:
Duties of a Director are to;
- Oversee the Ambassador applications (this contains interviewing them and training them if they are approved)
- Enforce Departmental Policy
- Be the one to be contacted for Internal Affairs seeking guidance.
- Develop changes for the greater good of Internal Affairs.
- Be the one to be contacted by personnel whom are above IA in the hierarchy.
- Attend site meetings.

Please give some lore about your Director of Internal Affairs character and what storylines they would be involved in:
- from: SCP Foundation Ethics Committee Archives (scpecarchives@fa.fo)
- to: SCP Foundation Ethics Committee (scpethics@ia.fo)
- sent: 24/02/████
- subject: (CLASSIFIED for CL4) noreply from Foundation Archives Database, request on "K. Gunsche"

Subject: Archive Report - Personnel Profile: Kurt Gunsche

Document ID: ███████
Date: ███████
-CLASSIFIED-

Summary:
Kurt Gunsche's personnel record reveals his affiliation with the SCP Foundation and provides an overview of his background, physical state, education, and professional experience.

Background:
Kurt Gunsche's dossier reveals a man of multifaceted origins and exceptional capabilities. He first came under the Foundation's radar when he was discreetly recorded in the SCP Foundation Personnel Database on an undisclosed date. Subsequently, Gunsche was recruited as part of Project Renatus, an exclusive initiative tailored for intelligence officers within NATO, during the 33rd Annual Recruitment Week for the Foundation.

Personal Attributes:
Kurt, aged 36, possesses extraordinary linguistic proficiency, exhibiting fluency in English, Russian, Chinese, and Turkish. His language aptitude makes him a valuable asset, enabling him to discreetly navigate international territories with ease. Hailing from an undisclosed location, Kurt Gunsche comes from a prestigious family with a longstanding legacy in the medical field, spanning generations. This ancestral heritage potentially aids him in maintaining a composed facade while executing his duties. Notably, he holds dual citizenship in both the United States of America and the Republic of Turkey, affording him a diverse range of plausible identities and facilitating inconspicuous movements as required.

Academic and Professional Background:
Kurt's educational pursuits began at TED Ankara College for high school, and he later pursued higher education in the United States at West Point, specializing in law. This academic background equips him with a comprehensive understanding of legal matters. After completing his studies, he was commissioned as an officer. He attended BOLC and MIBOLC, where he specialized in military intelligence. His specialization in military intelligence showcased his exemplary skills in gathering and analyzing sensitive information. At the age of 31, he received a pivotal assignment as an overseer of Mediterranean intelligence gathering while simultaneously providing valuable consultation for humanitarian aid missions and other covert operations. His diverse experiences have honed his ability to seamlessly blend into various environments, further enhancing his efficacy in fulfilling critical tasks.

Involvement with the SCP Foundation:
Kurt Gunsche's association with the SCP Foundation commenced during his tenure as an overseer of Mediterranean intelligence operations for NATO, where he was introduced to the organization through Project Renatus. However, the precise details of his induction remain restricted and accessible only to authorized personnel. Following his introduction, Kurt found his place within the foundation, serving in the Department of Internal Affairs. He spent a hefty amount of time within the Department of Internal Affairs. I was involved in the founding of a short-lived sub-division named "the Auditors." Held the position of ambassador and was involved in several investigations. He had to resign when he got word of an assignment as a training officer for internal affairs personnel around Taiga region sites. He specializes in MTF Nu-7 and its operational stature. He was reassigned to Site-65 after a year as Ambassador for the Department of Internal Affairs. After a period which he spent as an Ambassador, Kurt Gunsche was instated as an Assistant for the Committee, He is currently fulfilling his duties in the hierarchy of the Committee.

'Kaz'

Administrator
Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Content Team
Jul 30, 2022
-Support

-Personally haven't seen much RP or interactions when it comes to IA from you
-Not currently an Ambassador
-Activity

I've -Supported your DoIA application because from what I've seen you haven't interacted much with IA as far as I know as an ECA, your whole reasoning for why you're a good candidate seems to be "I've been here a long time" in short without actually showing any work you've done for IA. Your activity is also quite questionable as I haven't seen you at all in recent memory on any job.

Mar 20, 2022
Hello Kurt, I'm going to leave a -Support

You have little experience with the workings of Internal Affairs and the other two applicants are of far more experience than yourself. Look into applying for Ambassador after some time on Agent if you wish to climb in Internal Affairs.

Merrick Travolta

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Oct 18, 2023
Unfortunately Kurt. I will be leaving you with a -Support.

You haven't played internal Affairs since your move up to Ethics committee assistant.

I hold the feeling you are more "Out of touch" with the department than you realise.

Your work as an ambassador was short. as you swiftly resigned after receiving Assistant. I do commentate the "One life" style RP you are doing.

Your director duties also feel lacking to me as they seem to be more "General duties of IA" rather than director specific duties.

Jul 22, 2023
+Support
Kurt I saw all the -Supports so I'm going to highlight what I saw during our times as ambassador
During Kurt's time he attempted to help agents anyway he could,
Started many investigations,
And was apart of many roleplay scenario's
Was a good ambassador,

Although I unfortunately do not believe you will get this role, I do wish you the best of luck,

-Support
  • Candidate has prior, extensive experience with IA.
  • Candidate also has an alternative viewpoint of IA thanks to time in both the department and as Assistant.
  • Candidate has no recent experience with IA - the department has changed tremendously since your time, it is beyond scope to become Director in your position and get used to it quick enough.
  • Candidate barely lists reasons for his own selection in justification section, discussing the merits the other two at present have.
  • Candidate does not give a broad enough outline of the functions and duties of IA, lack of understanding or listing is not good when going for Director.
Genuinely not sure what you're going for here with this one. I'm aware that you were a former Ambassador, you were involved in various scenarios with me when I was still O5. However that was some time ago and the Department has evolved greatly since then - it is reasonable to expect a candidate who is aware of the workings as it stands, as you yourself outlined being a merit for Willow and Remmy.

New Email Received
Subject: Internal Affairs Directorship Application

>>Open Email

Attached: Position Request Results

A Letter from the Ethics Committee
5Zi0Rip.png

Greetings Kurt Gunsche,

The Ethics Committee would like to thank you for your interest in becoming the Director of Site-65's Internal Affairs Department. We can see you have the initiative, drive and ambition to make such a bold request. Your position and eagerness to work for the foundation has been noted and is greatly appreciated.

The Ethics Committee has carefully reviewed your application and has run the necessary background checks on your person. After deliberating with the Committee regarding your request, we have come to a unanimous agreement. This request has been denied . We hope this result does not cause any disruption or offence. Feel free to request elaboration on this result with a Member of the Committee. We look forward to your next application and observing how you will grow to hopefully be in a position of being accepted. You may re-apply in no less than two weeks time should the position remain open.

Have a lovely day,
Regards,
Ethics Chairman Oisín McKenna

Status
Not open for further replies.