Denied Heli Nerf Idea

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Bring back the spinning when low health or lose bac rotor at low speed. Or remove flares so stingers are more effective. Make all but 1 heli lock on missiles

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Gives infantry a chance to counter helis and give JAC and 1ST a chance to have tank on tank battles and tank vs infantry battles.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
None as helis atm are are able to wipe out tanks in 1 salvo and wipe a point out with a few hell fires

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Helis have decided the fate of a war for to long and its what is killing the ground regiments off all of JAC has gone inactive or on LOA because they are sick off leaving base and getting ista clapped by a Heli or retreating from a tank battle just to get absolutely fucked by a Heli, they clear points with 1 or 2 hell fires.

I have had multiple people leave because of the imbalance from the helis and other imbalances such as guns ( same stats don't mean anything 2 different guns can have the same stats and feel completely different and perform completely different.) it is genuinly anoying that this is and always has been an issue, SWB and UAF don't see that helis are OP because they just want and easy time i know this because i was a JAF MAJ and i know how OP helis are because on afghan i would be able to completely clear village farm and airfield in 1 heli run that is insane, and i was still able to kill a tank using my last 4 missiles and couple 10s of m230 round

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
The response will be that we have artis and stingers, the arti shoots from 4 separate points and left click does fuck all, stingers are easy to dodge and you have flairs to kick away that random 1 that chasing you, all helicopters can kill tanks all helicopter kill infantry, helis can kill everything and still people say they are not OP, you have 2 of each and some have 3 or 2 with lock ons its is nuts, a good pilot can just wipe every point and not have any challenge which makes it incredibly unfair on every single other person on the server.

Take this as you will: FROM Ex MAJ SAS, Ex MAJ JAF, JAC COL, i have experience on every aspect and from being a ground and armoured regiment they are incredible useless against a helicopter and helicopters rarely have a challeng unless its a dog fight, which when u have a massive imbalance and a dying team it makes it highly unfair

Oct 17, 2021
+support

I agree with the beed for heli nerfs but I'm not sure if this is the way to go about it.

The problem right now is the skill and time needed to learn to fly is really high which isn't a bad thing but increasing the entry level difficulty will make the problems worse as for the past few months its always been one side eith all the good pilots. Because of the comical restock timers both sides are reluctant to allow new pilots to fly in wars because one bad war leads to a bad day of wars for the whole side.

If a change such as nerfung the strength of helis was to occur like heavily reduce the amount of damage hydra do to ground (or in generalcif need be) that would he much better. Buffing stingers would also be a good idea to make ground actually be able to fight back because admittedly, dodging even like 3 stingers at a time is way too easy right no
That and stingers are way too buggy and need to be worked in so people don't rage quit anti air jobs because the stingers don't work half of the time

Your approach to this is everything but right sandwalker, you have fuck all idea how hard it is to actually learn how to fly properly and how to destroy a tank in one salvo as you call it. 2 hellfires do not clear a point, if u think that only 2 hellfires can get more than a kill you are wrong and if you mean the kind of situation in which theres all of uan on cabin and we bomb then yeah no shit sherlock, if you dont scatter out on the point you will get bombed. Other thing is to get 2 or more people to get stingers with you. I personally was using this simple flare bait tactic when i was ltcol : i used to take 2 guys with stinger jobs and i told them to wait until my stingers would force jaf to flare so that then they can shoot their stingers. Also A-A artis are not bad at all, if you have a skill issue with its not because helis are op its because you are bad with aa's. There were people who were extremely good with aa's like luz ans lewis and guess what if you don't work alongside with uaf while you use AA then you will die. And most importantly if for example uaf fails to win in a dogfighy with swb, you can help with your damn stingers, callouts and AA's.

Based on everything above -support

Connor | FUDGESICLE

FUDGESICLE
Oct 8, 2021
London
-Support

Hey @Sandwalker as ex reg command of JAF ive had to discuss the balancing of helicopters alot and something people never take into account is the fact that there are endless amounts of unintentional counters to helis which I have listed below. For this reason I will be giving a -Support.

List of intentional and unintentional counters to helis:

Intentional counters

Arti

Stingers

Other helis

Flak cannons

Unintentional counters

Kamikazes

Pilots bleeding to death when hit with a stinger

1 shot stingers

WAC glitches:

General WAC glitches, heli will flip over instantly etc

Helis take a few minutes to start up

Hitting the skybox will kill your heli

Despawns

Invisible Fire glitch

Permanent health drain glitch

Cheers,

ShipMasterCaine

Jan 22, 2022
Honestly the effectiveness of helis vs ground units need to be looked at, especially with tanks as it doesn't take all that very many hydra rockets landing near a tank to set it on fire and in that stage it's guaranteed kill with cannon fire, it's not fun to deal with, especially with how the map is miles more restricting in terms of space to move around with the amount of trees around, while helis have practically no barriers to hamper their mobility, and the trees don't help at all with armoured vehicles trying to hide from them as all the situations where I'm trying to avoid them under thick trees that don't work and I have to bug out because the trees also stop us from effectively landing shots on the heli chasing is getting ridiculous, I've talked with people from infantry regs and even our counterparts in NWO, 1stAL if you didn't know, and they aren't massive on how powerful cas helos are, the fact that I've had situations where sustained cannon fire for about 15-20 seconds halved the health of an A1 which is at 10k health is getting beyond the joke, it just isn't fun as you usually don't see them coming in the areas around both bases as theres thick lots of trees blocking your view of the skies, which most of the time we aren't checking as we have AT and other armoured vehicles to worry about

We should by no means add more deterrents against helis as it'll just ruin their experience but things like reducing fire rates of hydras and hellfires across the board should be considered to help give ground units more time to reach to a bombing run from a heli, and probably should look into a reduction of damage for the cannon specifically against armoured units, but with whatever comes of this, the experience of all the ground units should be prioritized over the experience of air regiments as they aren't the majority of the servers population and the fact that having air superiority can sway an entire way may be realisitic to an extent but it's certainly not fun and doesn't help the servers health

May 14, 2022
I understand where Sandwalker is coming from, we take out an arti but we don't have high ground like Dome as we have to pass enemy territory like town and Outpost to even get to it, Even if we place Arti at Shacks, Heils can go to town or even cover Op like dome does but Most of the time Arti is CASed before it even gets a chance to fire or trees blocking its view and when an Arti does fire, Heil dodge and destroy it, Stringers are easily dodged for skilled pilots, We had a chance in a tank if we facing an alright pilot but the fact of the matter is that ANY TANK we take out is CASed nearly instant and sometimes it feels like Heil are base camping which it got too point that WHAT THE POINT taking a Tank out if we can't even battle 1st AL Tanks as for the last week, we had the chance of firing at 1st AL without being CAS before even finding them is when SWB low on numbers.

I understand that Heils are great, they really hard and hard to fly with skill like some pilots do struggle but hard to balance, I was SWB and JAC, so I know if heils are nerf it takes the fun away from SWB and UAF on how great it feels to kill a tank but feels like pointless taking tanks out if you can't trust in your own team to keep your tanks safe.

Last edited:

Chad Power

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 8, 2021
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Sandwalker , Your suggestion has been denied.

After the MRP townhall we have compiled a list of heli changes the community wants. Stay tuned for those changes in the future!​

Status
Not open for further replies.