Hitman's Director of Medicine Application (UK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

'Scorpion' | 'Hitman'

Dec 28, 2022
North Sentinel Island
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:107724471
Discord name: Warge09
For how long have you played on CG SCP: Been playing since December 2022, so 1 year.
In what country are you located?: UK
Time zone: GMT
Character name(s): Hitman
Civilian name: Hitman
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): UK
Do you have a mic?:
Yes

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
MTF Alpha-1 Major [Held], MTF Alpha-1 Sergeant [Holding], Nu-7 SGT [Held], DEA Senior Agent [Held], Consultant [Holding], 096 Whitelist [Holding], 22415 Whitelist [Holding], UNGOC CPL [Held]

Have you received any kicks/bans/warnings? and why?:
2. 1st for RDM when I killed D class that were attempting and successfully jumping the fence in d-block during a lockdown. 2nd for failrp when myself and an A1 rushed into a hostage negotiation using flashbangs to kill the single hostage taker.

Why are you applying for the Director of Medicine?

I am very interested in the department and fully ready to dedicate most of my time to this position to further improve the Medical Department from even the current great state it is in. I very much enjoy helping people both in-character and out of character. In character would be helping people to be cured and providing medical treatment. Out of character is helping new players find their way around, giving them information and tips, as well as helping them figure out how to work each of the medical machines, using med kits, making cures, roleplay opportunities they can create, etc. Another reason on why I am applying for this position is the enjoyment I find in creating new ideas for the department that I would think benefit it immensely. Through these ideas I can create a better environment for those in the department making it more easy to understand and navigate through our procedures, guidelines, and general work that we conduct. The immense responsibility of the Director of Medicine is something I wish to challenge myself on as running a department is not an easy feat to do. Apart of my reason for applying for Director of Medicine is the lack of people playing on medical. Because the server is more orientated towards combat, more and more people head to that instead of pure roleplay. Because of this there is a lot of times there's lack of roleplay for the Medical Department. I hope to change this if I get the position by providing more roleplay opportunities not just for medical but other people on the server.

What makes you suitable for Director of Medicine?:

Through joining the Medical department I have been able to learn so much from basically nothing. All this knowledge I have gained then use it to further train both new and older medical personnel to improve their skills and knowledge. I am suitable for the position due to my understanding of what the responsibilities of what the DoM are. Because of my understanding I can work on all aspects of the department that is needed to keep it running efficiently. Even though my activity has decreased in the past due to burnout, the time I have been on I have attempted and have been attending multiple roleplays within the department that have taught me how to conduct multiple types of surgeries, autopsy's on anomalous bodies, and medical tests with SCPs. Using all these types of roleplay I will improve the quality of roleplay within the medical department to make it happen more but also making it enjoyable for everyone. Through out my time in the Medical Leadership Team there has always been ways to improve it through suggestions and ideas. With these suggestions I want to make it happen to keep pushing the department forward and making it better for the medical personnel. The last reason on why I am suitable for the position of Director of Medicine is leadership. I believe I can effectively lead the department; making sure each department within medical performs their duties, leading medical scenarios, and ensuring activity is kept up.

What are the responsibilities of the Director of Medicine in RP?:

Firstly, the most important responsibility of the Director is implementing improvements and changes to overall improve the department for the better. For example, medical orders can be created to keep medical staff interested and engaged with the department. These orders can include chemicals, unique & compelling roleplays, as well as performing certain medical duties, e.g. surgeries on individuals, and more. A second improvement would be creating guides for members of medical leadership to promote ease of use to what their duties are, and how to perform them. One of these would be having a Consultant guide for new Consultants to understand what their tasks are.

Secondly, alongside the external relations lead, the Director of Medicine manages the relations with other departments making sure meetings are hosted, contracts are being signed, and the department is in good standing with the others. Apart of this is to make sure the current lead is actively contacting the departments, making new contracts, and updating the spreadsheet containing all the current contracts.

Like Consultants, the Director of Medicine must be hosting medical licensing regularly for all new medical staff as well as combat medic tryouts for those interested in the combative sector of the Medical department.

Another responsibility of the Director of Medicine is to review applications for the position of Consultant. It is the director's responsibility to put the link to the application in the discord so it can have criticism from other members of the Medical leadership team. The director is also responsible for conducting interviews for those who have passed the first stage of the application. If the person has passed their Consultant application the DOM must be providing the new Consultant with training to understand what their tasks and roles are in this position.
The fifth responsibility that the Director of Medicine must undertake is disciplinary action. DOMs must make sure everyone within the department especially members of medical leadership does not break the FLC, server rules, addressing issues that have been raised to them, as well as make sure no one tries to ruin the reputation of the department. If necessary the director can set out demotions/removals with review by Site Administration, job bans, and strikes.

The DoM role is very trusted and therefore they are able to conduct psych evaluations on members of the O5 council, Ethics Committee, and the most senior members of Omega-1 and Alpha-1.

The final responsibility is making documents for the department. These include but are not limited to disciplinary documents, guidelines, policies and rules for medical, and more. These should all be reviewed and checked once completed to then be published to the department.

Please give some lore about your Director of Medicine character and what storylines they would be involved in:
Lore:

Born in the year 1986 in the city of Courtenay, British Columbia, Canada, Hitman had a troubled upbringing through a strict family. He was never fully allowed to do the things he loved, including advancing his career in medicine. During childhood Hitman broke his femur and had to have urgent surgery in order to survive. It was during this time he found in interest in medicine. At the age of 18, he attended medical school at the University of British Columbia Faculty of Medicine in Vancouver to the displease of his parents who wanted him to join the military. When he graduated from medical school he was forced into the military by his parents where he wished to become a medic. After joining the Canadian Armed Forces he enrolled in the Family Medicine Residency program, when completed he would have to complete basic training. While in basic training at St. Jean, he increased his knowledge in the medical field, specifically in general surgeries so he could help those in the field when in combat. After completing basic training Hitman was deployed to the war in ██████, 2008. During a battle in a heavily wooded area, Hitman managed to help his company Sergeant who was under fire and severely injured. The enemy closing in on his company he managed to hold them off for long enough to bandage him and evac from the area.

The foundation took interest in his surgical skills and opened an offer to him that he could not resist, being a part of the foundation and putting his speciality to good use. Over the next few years, the leadership team within medical took further interest in his capabilities becoming an asset to their efforts to efficiently perform different types of general surgeries. He slowly began climbing the ranks within medical being noticed by even the highest of powers within the foundation. The opportunity was given to him to join the leadership team after his successful surgery on the Director of Medicine to give her prosthetic hands. Upon his new position as a Consultant, Hitman continued to prove himself useful to the department putting his surgical skills to use on both foundation and d-class personnel to save their lives. Even though he has done so much work for the foundation he wanted to progress further within the department so he started to seek interest in the role of Director of Medicine. On the 1/5/████ there was a mass containment breach of multiple Euclid and Keter level SCPs. The resulting chaos resulted in multiple high-ranking medical personnel being KIA including one of the current Directors. The aftermath of the breach saw Hitman being promoted to the rank of Director of Medicine for his dedication and care for the department.

Tommy 'Romeo' Lee

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Jan 1, 2022
+Support

- Polite
- Professional
- Has leadsership skills
- Active

I am giving you a major +Support. The reason I have given you this verdict is because you have (as of recently) been actively working in Medical and doing administrative duties. This includes Medical License Tryouts. You are very Professional and Polite during RP and you can easily give a major enhancement to RP as a Department Director.

I wish you a massive good luck on your application Hitman.

You deserve this Position!

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
+Support
-Although ive been fuck all active over the past weeks, from my experience you have been a decently active medical consultant who is willing to help out, and does their duties well. Alongside your past A1 MAJ experience, I feel like you would do good as a DoM.
Only thing I haven't seen from you is any major RP, but meh am prob just inactive, you should be able to cook this

Best of luck

Shida Kayn

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Aug 21, 2022
+Support
- Good RP
- Great person
- Active
- CL4 Experience
- Good application.
I wish you the best of luck Scorpion, Mashallah.

MTF Alpha-1 MAJ Meliodas 'Wrath'

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
+Support
-Although ive been fuck all active over the past weeks, from my experience you have been a decently active medical consultant who is willing to help out, and does their duties well. Alongside your past A1 MAJ experience, I feel like you would do good as a DoM.
Only thing I haven't seen from you is any major RP, but meh am prob just inactive, you should be able to cook this

Best of luck
i forgot to mention that you were still a bad A1 CO btw

Status
Not open for further replies.