Not open for further replies.

HUBERT

Jul 14, 2023
Your in-game name: Hubert Swanson
Your SteamID: 76561198094325673
Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/982170/
Date of ban: 7/14/2023
What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): "Sev Toxicity"
Who banned you: Traitor "Taylor" Gazer (STEAM_0:0:545856073)
Ban length?: 3 days
What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the URL): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/
What will you do to stop this from happening again: No clue, this was an abuse of power.
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned? Yes
Why should you be unbanned: Because this was an abuse of power
How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: not misclick?
Why do you want to rejoin this server?:[/b] Because this was an abuse of power

I received a 3-day ban because I got reported for saying something offensive in voice chat, which was a misunderstanding. I was in a private Discord chat and was talking to my friend, and I accidentally tapped X while TALKING to said friend. I explained this to the person who reported me, and they forgave me and wanted to retract the report. However, Traitor "Taylor" Gazer (STEAM_0:0:545856073) decided to go thru with the report. This doesn't make sense, considering the individual who reported me decided to RETRACT the report, they even typed "No don't ban him please," then proceeded to apologize to me due to this "admins" behavior.

What I say in private with my friends should not dictate whether or not I get banned. Judging me on what I say in private (not meant for inquisitive ears) is a violation of my privacy. This is exactly what I explained to the one who reported me, which is why they decided to retract their report.

This ban is an overreach and abuse of power.

EDIT: Also, I expect an apology from Traitor "Taylor" Gazer, for overstepping his bounds.

EDIT EDIT: I retract my previous EDIT because it seems unreasonable. (like when Taylor banned me when the reporter decided to retract their report.)

Last edited:

Tayor Doctor Man

Jul 29, 2022
Appeal Response
Hello Hubert,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to make this complaint.

I was logged on to the server when I see a report labelled 'Someone called me a bitch ass [OFFENSIVE WORD HERE]'
I take the sit and get the clip from the person, seeing you and him exiting core sector, while near the exit of core sector you said something along the lines of what was mentioned in the report above. Due to this being all the evidence I needed, I bring you to a sit.

You said something along the lines of; "My mic was turned off." You take a look at the clip and then say; "Oh, I guess it wasn't."
Due to the rule broken being Severe Toxicity which comes with a three-day ban, I told you that you were going to be banned for three days with the statement 'Racism is not tolerated/condoned within the server.' The person who made the sit retracted the report and wanted me to give a verbal warning but according to the punishment guidelines, a verbal warning is not eligible in these circumstances. You were banned for three days as a result.

Kind Regards, Tayor.
Senior Moderator.

Canoon

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Jul 23, 2022
Appeal Denied

Hi Hubert Swanson,

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

Saying the "N Word" is not permitted on the server. As per the punishment guidelines, Severe Toxicity is not eligible for a verbal warning and the standard punishment for it is a 3 day ban. Even if the party that reports you for saying it wants a different punishment, staff shouldn't deviate from the punishment guidelines without good reason.

In this instance, Tayor was following the staff guidelines.

You may re-appeal in 2 weeks​

Status
Not open for further replies.