Denied IA Credit system

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

James Kincaid

Mar 22, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
I want this suggestion to add the possibility of IA agents to credit officers and researchers when they are following proper ethic procedures.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Gives more chances for gensec and researchers ways of getting credit.
Give more reason for testing properly and following ethics
Gives IA a better look rather then us just looking like hunters out to put people in jail

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
A negative possibility could be that some people might take this power to xp farm and randomly xp people.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I think this should be accepted because as of right now the IA department are viewed as people just going out of their way to jail people. Yes the department is good because we make sure others are following proper ethics, but people should be rewarded for going the extra mile of explaining their tests to class D's. They should be able to give out positives actions rather then just handcuffing someone to drag them to jail and put them in for 5-30 minutes.

Goblins

Jun 4, 2022
+Rep.
I think the idea is really good and could be great if it is added

"Draco"

Jan 3, 2023
So you want to reward people for not breaking the policies and rules set? Sounds kinda dumb to me

Sir Barry

Jul 20, 2022
+ MASSIVE SUPPORT

( if not all IA, at least Ambassador+ )

Damn, you beat me to this suggestion.

It would be such a nice touch to credit people for their hard work. I see a lot of "Principals Theorem" with IA, as they are viewed negatively by many solely due to the fact we have to punish lawbreakers. Allowing IA to use positive reinforcement via !credit would not only increase personal relations, but also lower crime rate and increase recognition to the people dedicated to this RP. I couldn't agree more with this this suggestion.

Reactions: Auburn

Sir Barry

Jul 20, 2022
So you want to reward people for not breaking the policies and rules set? Sounds kinda dumb to me
We want to reward people that are seen exceeding standards and going above and beyond, just as !credit works anywhere else.

: )

Jewel

Jun 13, 2022

+ lots of support

I would love to see medics in this lineup as well especially for combat medics. But I could see the only negative being taken away if it was IA ambassadors that could credit not agents.

"Draco"

Jan 3, 2023
We want to reward people that are seen exceeding standards and going above and beyond, just as !credit works anywhere else.

: )
Yeah, that i understand. But this suggestion is just suggesting that you can credit people for doing correct procedures. If someone is going above and beyond then that is fine, but if you are just following correct procedures and doing testing ethically, that shouldn't really be something worth credited for, considering that researchers get XP from just crediting the d-class, and gensec get credited by the researcher.

TylerJ

Mar 13, 2023

-SUPPORT

Not IA's job to give credit, leave it for the captain and researchers. Giving people credit for being a good boy is dumb and shouldn't be a thing. Here you didn't fuck up here is some credit.

Asp

May 17, 2022
-support

It isn't IA's job to give credit, you should be leaving that to the Jr. CL4s or higher of their department.

Freddiec06

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 13, 2022
- Support

Not the job of IA and just adds another set of jobs someone can spam credit on if they do it and get banned from research etc

Dinklesprinkle

Civil Gamers Expert
May 11, 2022
this is something i've tried persueing countless times with NL themselves (but with medical crediting more people and e-11 crediting techies for fixing hcz) but every time it was met with "just make them go to site admin" which can be said for Gensec and they would also say just go to gensec leadership so. Plus another reason which i can agree with is if we give the majority the chance to credit people the gameplay loop will just devolve into "i did my job right can u give me credit for big xp gains yisyis"

verybobby

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Oct 10, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi @James Kincaid,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion. We do not plan on providing access to IA agents to credit other players, as this would be highly abusable. The credit system will remain restricted to leadership.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.