IA Senior Agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caboose.

Sep 25, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This suggestion would add a new job/rank that is IA Senior Agent into the IA department.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Not sure, I have heard from a single person that there has been but I don't know how recent. (Edit: There is, I guess mine just goes more in depth.)

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
1. More command within IA
• Adding this role would give players inside IA depth and opportunities for career progression. Meanwhile enhancing the internal structure of IA.
2. Enhanced Roleplay within and outside of IA
• The addition of this role would add more enhanced roleplay experiences both within the IA department and outside.
3. It could potentially help form the storyline.
• The presence of this role would help form the server overall storyline. Senior Agents could be involved in critical site events and decisions.
4. Balanced Gameplay, adding another role/rank within IA would spread out and give the opportunity to other players to get a chance to have higher responsibility.
• Putting this role into the Department would lead to providing the players more variety of responsibilities. This would ensure that no role would become overwhelming and allows for a diversity of experiences.
5. This would add more roles to IA, as IA doesn't have much roles/ranks in the department.
• Adding this role would add more diversity within IA and make it not so bland and boring. Players would get the chance to get a little more responsibility by going through a training or other objectives.
6. IA & DEA Senior Agents could possibly work together.
• This could lead to more opportunities when working with DEA. IA doesn't get to interact with DEA much but I think the addition to this role could make a better relationship.
7. This would spread out the responsibility within IA.
• Responsibility in IA is kept really small and not spread out as IA doesn't have as much roles/ranks. So most of the more 'important' stuff falls on Ambassadors and Directors.
8. Makes it easier to get Ambassador
• By doing this it would let the agents that are signing up for ambassador be more recognized. When signing up as a agent for ambassador its difficult to get recognized and noticed for your work so most of the time they get denied but by doing this more people could get ambassador.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
1. Getting this rank/role might require training.
2. Could potentially draw attention away from newer agents.
3. Might lead to power struggles.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Based on the positives & negatives, I would think his as to be accepted. There isn't many reason for it not to be. I don't see how it could be a problem and effect anything including roleplay, etc. If anything it would be making it better. The addition to this role would spread out responsibility in the IA department and could give players a chance to grow and have a higher responsibility before going to IA Ambassador.

Last edited:

Pupper

Jun 6, 2023
+support
i thought senior agent for ia suggestion got denied recently tho maybe im just going crazy

Reactions: Caboose.

Change Z. "Somebody"

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Jun 13, 2022
+Support
I see this helping a ton for ambassador applicants rather than Random guy who hasn't played IA #14. also just adds progression which would be a lovely change.

Prplex

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
+ support
Think it would add more depth to the IA role and give some structure to make sure the people applying for ambassador actually play IA. I also think it would help ambassadors as they could delegate less important but still important tasks to more trusted senior agents instead of the ransom IA agent who could have 5 minutes on the role or 5 months

grunger

Feb 26, 2023
+

Great to have an additional stepping stone IA agents can work towards. Any suggested loadout changes, or just the differentiation in role?

Caboose.

Sep 25, 2023
+

Great to have an additional stepping stone IA agents can work towards. Any suggested loadout changes, or just the differentiation in role?
A new primary weapon would be nice. The P90 that IA agents are stuck with isn't the best.

Niox

Jan 23, 2023

• Wow

Caboose.

Sep 25, 2023
Oops, I didn't see that. I might aswell keep this suggestion up but that's my fault. :skull:

Status
Not open for further replies.