Accepted Improve ScipNET Search Feature

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

"Puggo"

Dec 30, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

Alters the ScipNET Search Feature to allow for Specific Searching : Names of Person whom wrote the Document : Dates : Times : Clearance :

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

Scaling the positives & negatives on a scale from 0-5 with how important I think they are each, 0 being least important, 5 being very important.

• Allows for better access of the ScipNET computer systems. (3/5).
  • Direct quotes from personnel suggest that this feature will bring more attention to the ScipNET Computer Systems, allowed Department Heads/Management to use it reliably for things such as Incident Reports, Arrest Reports, Experiment Logs, and Permits. (5/5).
  • Adding this will also make it easier for Site Personnel to access old documents that they previously uploaded. (4/5)
  • An overall Quality-of-Life addition (5/5)
Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

• Literally 0 (Half of the Foundation doesnt even use ScipNET due to its poor Search Quality)

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

I believe this suggestion should be accepted because I personally throughout my time playing Civil have used the ScipNET Computer Systems religiously. I love writing Documents (Have Spent Upmost of 80+ Hours Typing In-Game Documents), and using the ScipNET System sucks. It's very messy currently with multiple folders that lead to nothing and tons of random experiment logs that are dumped nonsensically. This would allow Department Heads to go into the ScipNET Systems and route to ScipNET>Site_65>Departments>, go to their folder of choice and with one simple Search Query find a document they uploaded 5 months ago.

Reactions: Harold Hawks

"Puggo"

Dec 30, 2022
Well make a suggestion with more features that would be good then ill support it for now I won't cause all this suggestion actually suggests is a better search feature what we actually need is a whole new ScipNET because right now the current one looks ugly and yeah ik its the theme but it looks ugly and unless someone is willing to give solid ideas on how to make it 1000% better then i will never support.
I fully agree, and I get it. I'm going to be making the suggestions slowly and down-the-line so the dev-team doesn't have an entire 5 months wait UPDATE for this to come out. They can release it in Patch Notes or Minor Updates quicker.

Pyro

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Jul 19, 2022
Ontario, Canada
-Support
I think the ScipNET search is fine how it is

Also like you said like like only half of the players use it so why would they improve a feature on it
Lastly the only thing I think is wrong with ScipNET is the design and look everything else is fine
Oh and I think making the search feature better would be a waste of time for the developers and also wouldn't make sense just to work on one feature.

<3
ScipNET is not fine at all, if you had used it at all (doubt, you've held no CL4 Positions) you would realise how trash it is now, searching for anything is quite literally impossible, I had tried searching for a few cross test documents I had approved with an Excellent rating yet It will not load them no matter what I do, I almost never use it, with using the alternative of Google Documents for almost anything.

Ashton

Jun 3, 2022
Wales, United Kingdom
ScipNET is not fine at all, if you had used it at all (doubt, you've held no CL4 Positions) you would realise how trash it is now, searching for anything is quite literally impossible, I had tried searching for a few cross test documents I had approved with an Excellent rating yet It will not load them no matter what I do, I almost never use it, with using the alternative of Google Documents for almost anything.
My friend you are assuming a CL4 only uses the ScipNET I have used it many times and I am not a CL4 next I am not saying its fine I am saying the search feature is fine I have never had a issue to search for any documents I was looking for now granted if your a CL4 you might be looking for other files but I have never had a issue I mean it will prob get accepted by the development team so I don't know why it matters my opinion I just don't think wasting developers time no matter how long it is will be the best they may as well just redo all of ScipNET because that would be worth the time and lastly even if it gets accepted they won't add it for a while prob they have a lot of other things to work on so we will still be stuck if a regular old search system so I don't see the point at least for most of us "Non CL4"

Astra

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Jun 17, 2023
+Support
As the GOC LTGEN this would actually allow documents to be used on scipNET properly.

Billy Boy

Sep 22, 2023
-Support
I think the ScipNET search is fine how it is

Also like you said like like only half of the players use it so why would they improve a feature on it
Lastly the only thing I think is wrong with ScipNET is the design and look everything else is fine
Oh and I think making the search feature better would be a waste of time for the developers and also wouldn't make sense just to work on one feature.

<3
when i joined the server, i thought it was a really cool feature and it indeed is.

however it does have its downsides, if those were to be resolved & departmental leaders were to push the usage of SCIPNET it could add replace the massive hoards of documents held within filing cabinets & allow for Teccies to be able to be called to fix computer terminals, as if their usage increased, so would the rate in which they had repairs called to them (as more people would notice / report it when it blue screens)

Dalton

Civil Gamers Expert
May 17, 2022
New York, USA
+ Support

Puggo is my best friend now, we used to not be best friends, but now we are best friends. Good idea, would love to see a rework. Go team!!!

Guinea

Jun 24, 2022
+ Support One of the few servers with a decent idea for the computers but lacks in user control.

Resistance Doggo#8278

May 6, 2023
Suggestion Approved
Hi Puggo, Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion. Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as accepted.​

Status
Not open for further replies.