Accepted In-Game Server Guide

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion

Developer
Developer
Programming Team
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Add a Server Guide system in-game, to allow newer players to figure out how things work.

This could be added to an F1 Menu, which I don't think is currently in use.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I didn't see any previous suggestions like this.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
The main positive of this is helping newer players figure out how things work. Player retention is obviously an issue right now, and as a relatively newer player I strongly believe this is due to a lack of anything telling you what to do and how/why things do what they do,

For example, I was struggling so much when trying to setup VCMining that two guys who tried raiding me just ended up showing me how it works.

The F1 Menu is the most obvious place for this, and buttons could be added on the MOTD and around other places in the UI for people to open the Guide.

Implementation wise, this is pretty simple. Just have a Frame with a Sidebar with different help articles, here's a fancy diagram of what's going on in my head:
Untitled-2023-08-02-0046.png

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
No real downsides as I can see, but this would require people to write lots of content. No-one likes writing documentation, especially developers.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Because it would benefit new players, and would *hopefully* boost retention a small amount.

Remmy

CC Executive VIP
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
I like this idea, but it seems like it would take up a massive amount of dev time. If this were to be accepted it'd be hard to find the time to actually implement it. Unless the content team assisted in writing segments of it.

• Love
Reactions: Tay

Umbrella

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 25, 2020
Sweden
Huge +support
There is a lot of rather complex content on the server that might seem overwhelming to get into for new players. Having a guide might prevent some from leaving due to the complexity or lack of help.

Remmy

CC Executive VIP
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
Suggestion Accepted

Hi @lion .

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

The content team has chosen to accept your suggestion, as one of our developers is keen to work on a system like this, and it would be exceptionally helpful for new players.a

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as accepted.​

Status
Not open for further replies.