Your in-game name: Jay Jameson

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:512526011
Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Itzjayreal/
Date of ban: Feb 22, 2023
What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): MRDM
Who banned you: Wolf-313
Ban length?: 2 Weeks
What server were you banned on? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): USA
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/
What will you do to stop this from happening again: I will err on the side of caution and not participate in any questionable RP without first confirming its validity with staff.
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned?: Regarding warnings not that I am aware of. As for kicks or bans I have never dealt with either.
Why should you be unbanned: Because my actions were born out of ignorance to how brainwashing on the server worked. In the moment it made sense to me that in certain situations someone could be brainwashed from words alone. I believed that I was acting in good faith and was not in violation of rules 1.12 or 2.9. Had I known that my situation was nullified by 1.12 I would have refused to participate. If you believe that my punishment should stand, so be it.
How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: I will continue to refer to the rules page whenever an RP situation of questionable validity occurs. Other than that I will continue to play how I have previously, respecting all server rules and other players.
Why do you want to rejoin this server?: Because although frustrating at times, the large community and the unique people that make it up are a blast to be a part of and interact with. The chaotic situations that can be created from the setting and people simply cannot be replicated.

Last edited:

Issun Kybersis

May 17, 2022
Hello jay.

As of the situation going for this complaint, I'll explain.
you, and a D-class you said "brainwashed you" decided to shoot up HCZ checkpoint.
Now, it's one thing to give a D-class weapons and let him shoot people up, it's another thing to also shoot up the checkpoint and attempt to kill fellow foundation personnel before you were terminated.
The damage, along with a clip i was given of the situation clearly showed you had intent to shoot up the entire checkpoint, which had many more than 3 people at the time, and the fact you said the D-class brainwashed you by speaking to you, I followed the appropriate protocol of removing you from the server for 2 weeks for Mass RDM.
Hence that is the situation at hand, and why you were removed from the server for that length of time.

Hope this helps
Issun

ItzJay

Feb 22, 2023
Hello jay.

As of the situation going for this complaint, I'll explain.
you, and a D-class you said "brainwashed you" decided to shoot up HCZ checkpoint.
Now, it's one thing to give a D-class weapons and let him shoot people up, it's another thing to also shoot up the checkpoint and attempt to kill fellow foundation personnel before you were terminated.
The damage, along with a clip i was given of the situation clearly showed you had intent to shoot up the entire checkpoint, which had many more than 3 people at the time, and the fact you said the D-class brainwashed you by speaking to you, I followed the appropriate protocol of removing you from the server for 2 weeks for Mass RDM.
Hence that is the situation at hand, and why you were removed from the server for that length of time.

Hope this helps
Issun
I get now that that was the wrong thing to do, and I apologize for being stubborn and aggressive during the sit.

Alpha Toon

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 9, 2021
Appeal Accepted

Hi @ItzJay,

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

In this instance, you were in violation of MassRDM. You seem to understand that you were in the wrong based on reading your appeal and comments. Kodama is also in agreeance that you have an understanding of the rules broken. I will be lowering your ban down to 1 week. I do recommend taking this time to read over our rules.

Regards,
Alpha​

Status
Not open for further replies.