J.B Ban Appeal (USA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

civilconflic

Feb 22, 2023
Your in-game name: Jamal Brown

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:746361157

Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199452988042/

Date of ban: 06/09/23

What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): MRDM

Who banned you: Fredrick Fanboy

Ban length?: 1 week 5 days(lowered because I was oblivious)

What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA):

Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/
What will you do to stop this from happening again: Now that I know that what I did was not supposed to happen I can assure you it will not happen again. I have been
doing so well for months avoiding bans and warns.

Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned? Yes

Why should you be unbanned: I feel as if I was oblivious to the situation and there was no clarification of what I was doing was wrong I deserve to be unbanned. I was an MC&D and I was put on a contract to help out the foundation kill ci. I thought I had the right to kill since they paid me and I was on the contract. The person who reported me said it was okay since I really didn't know but the moderator said due to it being such a large amount of kills he couldn't let it go. Considering I was completely oblivious and I didn't see it stated anywhere in the rules I thought it was fine not to mention I thought that MC&D don't kill unless they benefit and they make money out of it. I thought the entire point was to do whatever you can to make money which pointed me in the direction of such a "contract" Im sorry to those I killed and to the community itself for breaking the rules

how can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: I Cant ensure that. sometimes I make mistakes. But I can ensure I won't purposely break the rules. and Strive to become a respected member of the Civil networks community.

Why do you want to rejoin this server?:
It's one of the 2 servers I only play when I get on gmod. Considering I have over 5 months of play time even through the hard times I have had I still happily play the server. Im also very sorry for my actions and I was very compliant and non aggressive with said moderator as I felt this could be resolved differently

"Fanboy"

Apr 28, 2022
Ickezeznshwa, Antartica.
www.google.com
Hey @civilconflic, welcome to the forums.

I am well aware that you were confused about the situation, which is why I lowered the ban two days, but it would not make sense to not ban you entirely for the 9+ CI that you killed. I get that you were on a contract and that you were getting paid to do something kind of like a normal MC & D, but you were a non-combatant, which would also make it FailRP. It was hard to understand that from the rules, so I didn't add this in the ban/warn. When I took a look at logs, I also saw that the average kill gap between the CI's that you killed were around 30 seconds to two minutes. You also mentioned that the CI that reported you was fine with it, which they sort of were(I couldn't tell since they were going around fine/mad at the same time) but the other CI in the TeamSpeak were mad about it, and was just waiting for each other to make a staff sit until someone did.

This is my response, and good luck.

Fanboy

Dpw483 Ryan "Cincinnatus"

Sep 23, 2022
Appeal Accepted

Hi @civilconflic ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

After looking over everything I have decided to reduce your ban to 5 days. I understand that you were confused about all of this but you still need to learn which is why I am keeping those 5 days. On the SCPRP server contract work, although would make sense to exist, is something that is not allowed. Which would make those CI killed without a valid reason making it RDM.

Have a nice day!
Ryan.​

Status
Not open for further replies.