Yes it is my first application for developer

Have you received any bans?:
No, I have not received any bans

How confident are you with GLua? (Rate yourself 1-10 using rating guide):
I'd rate my confidence with GLua a 6.

Do you have any experience with Git?:
Yes I have experience with Git.

Do you have previous experience as a Developer for GMod?:
Yes I do have experience as a GMod Developer as I worked on a HL2RP server a little over a year ago. The game mode was based off of DarkRP but was heavily modified. Since then, I've also made small things every now and then in order to have something to work on.

How many hours can you commit to developing per week?:
I can commit roughly 7 hours a week.

Why do you want to be a Developer? What can you help us with?:
I want to become a Civil Networks Developer to ensure all servers are being given the same amount of love and their back logs cleared. As a player I've noticed a focus primarily on SCP which is understandable due to the larger limit you can create with it's content, however due to the lack of developers (so I've been told) MRP has been somewhat neglected and the backlog has become increasingly more challenging to empty.

If I were to get developer I would like to put my focus primarily on MRP to assist in clearing the backlog and pushing some major updates (should any come about) to keep the server fresh and drawing in new players. However I would not abstain from working across the network on various different projects if I were to be asked.

My portfolio is varied through HL2RP, Discord bots and integrations and other GMod Addon's, however I have recently focused on attempting this backlog entry posted by Cloak. This took less than 72 hours without any VWAR integrations or proper UI design, however the addon does have the ability to be configured with VWAR and ULX with a small update.

Custom simroom system
Based on the MRP Development Tracker backlog entry listed above, allows staff members of a certain rank to create regions which COs can claim to host trainings etc, where they will be allowed to spawn in vehicles & weapons for everyone inside the area (allowed vehicles & weapons can be configured). And also allows for loading pre-made layouts made by staff. The claim for the region also automatically expires after a set amount of time (600 seconds, 10 minutes), which also results in the layout being cleared and any vehicle / weapon being removed.

Regions and layouts are stored in a json file for the current map located in the data directory.
Video

Inventory system
Simple inventory system made for a hl2rp server I was working on a bit over a year ago, the server was never released. But I gained a good bit of experience in GLua from working on addons for it, allows for consuming food, equipping weapons and attachments. All items are stored in a MySQL database.
Video

Source code for any of the projects mentioned can be given if requested @jacubrstnc on Discord.

checkraisefold

Dec 3, 2022
+support
simroom addon is extremely polished for how little time it took you to make, one of the best dev apps i've seen on here

Hydro

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 19, 2020
Wow, it's not often I say this but your application is stellar.

The videos showing off what you've made shows a really good level of understanding and firmly makes you a prime candidate. It's a shame you've not shared anything on GitHub - it'd be nice to know whether these are cowboy jobs or not, but even in the worst-case scenario in which they are you'd still make a great addition to the team.

You're also a very well-known, friendly member of the community so there's no issues there.

+support

Bogdan

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
United Kingdom
+Support
The video of the sim room addon in particular is fantastic, knowledge of ULX is great (unless the server uses something else these days...) and experience developing for dedicated servers is 10/10.
Outstanding application in general.

Grong

Dec 30, 2022
+Support

A-1s documents would be in a state without this man, application is ?

ionboy64

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Platform Team
Group Moderator
Jun 3, 2022
+support

Jacub has shown me alot of what he's worked on in the past and even had me help test out the sim room addon. Safe to say his addition to the development team would be nothing but beneficial for Civil Networks.

Dr Drew

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Content Team
Group Moderator
Jan 29, 2022
+support

Jacub is a good guy and as he said in his app he would like to work with MRP which would be a big boost to MRP his videos shows he is able to do the things we have on the backlog and I think taking him on as a dev would be a big W for MRP and the community as a whole.

ZLT49A

Civil Gamers Expert
Sep 26, 2021
Huge +Support

Another MRP dev would be so great especially a competent member of the community like Jacub. Plz accept

Harry

Developer
Developer
Mapping Team
Aug 28, 2021
+support.

brilliant knowledge of glua and it shows. I hope this man gets dev

Status
Not open for further replies.