Jackson Murphy

Civilian name:
Jacob Robinson

Steam ID:
STEAM_0:0:507948212

Do you have a mic?:
Yes, I do have a mic.

Is this the first application you made? If no, link all previous applications:
This is not the first application I have made.
James Wilson's SCP-096 Application

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
I have received one kick a couple of weeks ago when I was still new to the server, but that was for being AFK (to avoid causing too much server lag). Since I saw many high clearance players go AFK, I thought that it was allowed, and so I kept my game on while I went to eat dinner. Nonetheless, I now avoid from going AFK at all times.
Edit: I was just informed that I got a warning for NRP on the 28th of December, but this was when I had just arrived in the server, and thought that it was okay for security to come in d-block to patrol and pick up scraps at the same time. Since I hadn't found rules against that and that another security member was doing the same thing, I thought that it was okay, but an admin told me otherwise. Further, I wasn't informed at the time that security wasn't allowed inside d-block. Since then, I have never done that again.

Do you have any previous experience as a staff member in a community?:
No, I do not have previous experience, but there's a first for everything, and so I am ready to prove my worth as a moderator to this server.

Do you have any previous experience with serious roleplay?:
Considering that from server to server the meaning of "serious" changes, and that the server I played on wasn't labeled as "serious" but still had "serious" RP rules, I did have previous experience with serious roleplay on Dark-RP servers. Additionally, CG SCP-RP taught me even more about serious roleplay. Outside GMod, I also enjoy role-playing with friends.

How many hours can you be on everyday?:
It depends. Sometimes, school can be really demanding, and so I wouldn't be able to play on certain days, but I'm sometimes able to play 2-3 hours on other days. I am definitely more active during the weekend, where I am often 4+ hours online on Saturdays and Sundays. Of course, if things get in the way, I'll always provide a LOA in advance.

Why do you want to become a moderator for our server?:
I have been playing on this server since late December, and so I am very familiar with the server rules, in-game rules, in-game content, and most importantly, the server's community. Currently, there are very little ways in which I can "give back" to the server for all the joy it gives me and what it taught me regarding what it actually means to be part of the SCP Foundation (versus just reading the wiki and watching videos regarding SCP lore). The things that it has taught me can range from having more experience in serious RP, to how to perform research on an SCP, to how to write research papers, to how to do paperwork as an IA agent, etc. Therefore, becoming part of the staff team would allow me to "give back" to the server through ensuring that playing on the server remains an enjoyable activity for both members and newcomers to our community by making sure that rule-breaks happen as little as possible, and if they do happen, let the rule-breaker understand their mistake so that they don't make it again next time. All of this will further grow the server's reputation and will allow the community to expand, which will ultimately allow new connections with players to be made.

What do you think you would be able to help us with on the server? Why are you special over the other applicants?:
I believe that I would be able to help you with the server through my ability to work in a team structure (working collaboratively), make decisions and solve problems, and my professionalism. I also happen to be often active late at night, when less staff is available, and so I would be able to help out the server at times when most of the staff is offline. As to the reasons why I am special over the other applicants, people typically describe me as a calm and friendly person. Indeed, I am often the "peacemaker" during arguments between people, as I first try to cool down both people arguing, and then proceed to analyze each side of the argument. Then, I would try to help them either reach a common ground to find a compromise, or (in the case where choosing a side is necessary, like during Gmod sits) I would give my opinion and give my reasons as to why one side convinces me more than the other, without of course trying to "add fuel to the fire." Furthermore, I am able to deal with pressure, and so having two people arguing in a sit, for example, isn't going to make me irrational or biased.

Thank you for considering this application.

Last edited:

Monarch

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Jan 8, 2022

+ SUPPORT

+ In-depth application. ( Clear amount of effort put into it)
+ Mature

+/- Unsure on activity IG/TS

Good Luck.

Pan Police

Oct 5, 2021
+Support
Seen you in game and spoke to you on TS
Decent RP
Mature

Last edited:

James Wilson

Jan 4, 2022
To reply to @Monarch and @Pan Police regarding my activity, although I try to maximize my RP interactions with people like you (I've had a couple with you Pan when you were playing as Site Advisor or Sr. Researcher, for example), it is often hard to talk to high-clearance personnel without proper RP reasons. So, when I do try to interact with people like you, you're often in a rush (which I completely understand) and so I might come off as annoying, which I do not want. Then, it comes down to luck if we happen to see each other or not. Moreover, I enjoy playing as an SCP a lot (typically SCP-096), so that might be another reason why we don't see each other a lot. Nonetheless, when there are very long breach queues, I do play as Foundation Personnel (mostly IA and Security, and sometimes researcher). Regarding my TS activity, I've been having technical issues for a while with TS, where people couldn't hear me, and when I would go to settings, TS would decide to randomly crash. However, recently, after downloading a clean copy of TS, I was able to have it work, and I am now more present in TS. The only downside is that I see a lot of you in restricted-access channels, which reduces the likelihood of us interacting on TS. I am certainly happy to have a chat with you on TS in the evening, though, if you would like to.

Ferrit

Feb 10, 2022
+Support

+ well made application
+ Familiar With The Rules / Has a good idea of "Serious RP"
+ No warns or bans
+ Mature
+/- Unsure of Team-Speak Activity

Good Luck!

Daanvy

CG Super VIP
Donator
Feb 20, 2021
Netherlands
Hello, I will be giving you a neutral (Leaning to +support.) for the following reasons.
Not sure about recent activity.
Pretty sure you know the rules well.
Mature.

Best of luck.

Hello, I've reviewed your application and decided on the following verdict:

Neutral

+Well made application
+No warns or bans

+/- Little to no interaction IG
+/- Unsure of TS/IG activity

I would give you a +Support but I haven't talked with you enough, If i meet you in game I'll be sure to try to RP with you some more and potentially change my verdict :)

Good Luck!

Fat Chef

Jan 5, 2022
Neutral

- Well Made Application

- Unsure about activity In-Game and on TS3
- No interactions in RP

I'll happily change my verdict if I start seeing you In-Game / TS3 and manage to get some positive interactions with you in RP.

Best of luck.

NightWolf

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 31, 2020
Hi there James Wilson, ill be giving you +Support
+Active
+Mature
+Active in TS and IG

Cal

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 21, 2020
I put the new Forgis on the Jeep
Application Accepted

Hi @James Wilson,

Thanks for taking the time to make a moderator application.

Congratulations on having your application accepted, please join the Interview Waiting Room in TeamSpeak and put "Waiting for Interview" in your name so we can proceed with the next stage of the process.​

Status
Not open for further replies.