Jason M.'s Executive Researcher Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason M.

Civil Gamers Expert
Jul 10, 2021
Steam ID:STEAM_0:1:522168528
Discord name: CaptainMacMelon#6323
For how long have you played on CG SCP: Since 2nd day of Beta. Played almost daily since.
In what country are you located?: UK
Time zone: GMT
Character name(s): Jason M.
Civilian name: Jason M Dot
Do you have a mic?: Yes
-
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held: Nu-7 Pvt.
-
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?: I haven't received any warnings, kicks or bans from any staff situation, however I was once banned from playing researcher jobs for 30 minutes due to an issue with an experiment log and a cognitohazard. Essentially, I wrote an experiment log about SCP-3078 and forgot that the same did not apply to it as did with SCP-096 so when I added a picture of the cognitohazard I was called into the Director's office and talked to.
-
Why are you applying for Executive Researcher?: I believe I would be a good fit for an Executive Researcher as I spend quite a long time per week on the server (so far since the server launched so almost a week, I've spent 10 hours on the server). As well as this, I believe the research I perform is up to a high standard due to the fact that I've received a few 'Excellent' grade reports and the majority of my reports are rated 'Good'. Another reason I believe I would be a good Executive Researcher is that I've taught multiple junior researchers about how to perform their research and since me teaching them they've performed some good work. I believe this shows that I am capable of showing new researchers how to perform their work and it shows that I am able to use my skills in researching to show new members of the research team how to perform their work.
-
What makes you suitable for Executive Researcher?: I've been working as a researcher since the server began and since I've gotten level 5. From the first time I became a junior researcher, I've gotten to research rank 16 and I'm still working on getting more. I've performed many tests with higher ranking researchers such as Dr. Metterson and Snr Researcher Pan. I believe these have shown me how senior rankings are meant to act considering they are both very reputable members of the research staff. Finally, I believe that my experiences with multiple different researchers are what really sets me apart from the other researchers, I've performed many different tests with other researchers, I've seen how most of them perform, I've given them criticism and I've given them praise, I believe this shows that I am not just a normal researcher but that I am a trusted researcher if anything.
-
How many excellent-graded documents have you written? What makes a document excellent? After a long look into the Foundation's records, I was only able to find a couple of my excellent-graded documents that have been written by me, the ones that I have found were my document on SCP-087 promptly named "Testing on SCP-087" and an experiment on SCP-1025 promptly named "Experimentation on SCP-1025". I'm sure I would have been able to find more of these under my name however I decided to spend my time by making a suggestion on making this process easier instead of diving through hundreds of records.

A document is graded as an 'Excellent' document based on multiple factors, some of these being:
--SPaG (Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar).
--Clearness (Whether you pointed out what your aims, method and results were and whether or not they were clear to understand).
--Informativeness (how informative the document was, how much detail was written about the findings, experiment and the original aims of the document).
--Quality (the quality of the experiment meaning how much the experiment benefits the foundation, for example, a sampling on SCP-999 would be graded lower than a danger testing on SCP-682 based on the benefits of the experiments towards the foundation).
-
What are the responsibilities of the Executive Researcher in RP?: The responsibilities of an Executive Researcher in RP are to be an active and engaged member of the research staff, this meaning being active within the foundation, performing regular work whether that be working with lower ranking research staff or whether that be performing research on SCPs that are usually left unresearched due to higher clearance levels. Another responsibility of an Executive Researcher is to praise or reprimand lower rankings, this could be a researcher who performs testing during an SCP breach or a junior researcher who is performing tests of a higher level standard. A distinct responsibility of an Executive Researcher in RP would also be to work alongside the higher rankings of research staff, this being other Executive Researchers or even the Director of Research.
-
Please give some lore about your Executive Researcher character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Executive Researcher Jason M. is an ex Nu-7 member who was made Junior Researcher and placed under the supervision of Dr. Raymond Hamm who was also the researcher who first introduced Jason M. to SCP-049. After Jason's work in Site-19 he was quickly promoted to Researcher for his significance in identifying many ways of storing dangerous SCPs. One example of this was Jason's idea of keeping contact with SCP-049 on a regular basis which has helped save countless lives as it has kept the SCP in a more docile state, preventing more frequent containment breaches. A few years after Jason was made a researcher, he was selected for the position of Executive Researcher by 05 Council. Since then, Jason was transferred from Site-19 to Site-65.

During Jason M.'s time based in Site-19.The Foundation's logs show that Jason M. has experience with researching the following SCPs located in the site:

SCP-035 "The Possessive Mask"
SCP-049 "The Plague Doctor"
SCP-055 "The Anti-meme"
SCP-096 "The Shy Guy"
SCP-131 "The Eye Pods"
SCP-173 "The Statue"
SCP-914 "The Clockworks"

As well as these SCPs on Site-19, after Jason M.'s transfer to Site 65, he has been reported to have interacted with various SCPs in the LCZ and HCZ. These include:

SCP-087 "The Infinite Stairwell"
SCP-1025 "The Book Of Diseases"
SCP-106 "The Old Man"
SCP-178 "3-D Specs"
SCP-457 "The Burning Man"
SCP-714 "The Jaded Ring"

Reactions: Dragos587 and H20

Pan Police

Oct 5, 2021
MASSIVE + support
Chill guy to be around, helpful to others
Does great experiments even when not being supervised
Creates greatly detailed documents about SCPs as well as has some unique ideas when it comes to some
Active IG and on TS

H20

Dec 7, 2021
SUPPORT

- Pretty active
- Documents are well written
- Cool lore and fucking amazing application

- Slightly on the younger side so it's gonna be harder for you to be taken seriously by some and what would be more of a priority, Executive Research or NU-7

Jason M.

Civil Gamers Expert
Jul 10, 2021
I'd just like to add to my application:
In the time between now and the posting time of this application, my ingame time has increased to: 1 day and 19 hours.
In this time I've uploaded a couple more excellent documents, one of which has been pinned on the bulletin board in the director's office.
I've also now gotten to research level 20 and total level 49, meaning I am now qualified to be a senior researcher.

Also thank you for all of the + supports,
@H20 , I know I'm on the younger side but I appreciate your faith in me.

Tony_

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Mar 18, 2021
BIG +SUPPORT
+ Great app
+ really active IG and TS
+ always on reseacher
+ friendly and mature

would be a great reseacher :D

( Ex big minge) Tony

• Love
Reactions: Jason M.

Noah Kraus

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Jan 4, 2021

Application Denied

Hello Jason, I hope you are doing well. Unfortunately today I will have to deny your application, you have a lot of potential in research however me and Metterson do not believe you have gained the experience required of a Exec Researcher but I believe that if you where to host (With me or Metterson's permission of course) a larger and more complicated cross test we will be able to easily see how well you will do in the role. I also believe you are on holiday as of this moment so feel free to reapply when you get back.​

Status
Not open for further replies.