Kaiko's Blacklist Amnesty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiko

May 28, 2022
Your in-game name: Not sure as of current
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:85208067
Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/mmmeooooooooooooooooooooowww/
Date of blacklist: Unsure on specifics, but around 1-2 months ago
To the best of your knowledge, why were you blacklisted?: I have a tendency to watch Netflix in different regions using a VPN to gain access to shows in which I am usually blocked from, after I was done watching a show I left my PC running and my sister (who I often share my PC with) got on her steam account to play some games without taking notice of the VPN, one of the games she got on was the SCP server on Garry's Mod. Due to my use of a free VPN as mentioned in a past CN announcement her account got blacklisted, after this she noticed the VPN and turned it off, attempting to re-join, which from what I can gather blacklisted our actual IP.
Unknowing of this when I got on to play the server at a later time I was blacklisted, this genuinely upset me as I always enjoyed falling back on the server when I found myself bored and wanting to play with a genuine group of people.
Please list any times you have used methods to change or hide your IP (incl. game streaming, e.g. GeForce Now): Nothing other than my use of ProtonVPN whenever I was doing what was described (Netflix/Browsing)
Please list any alt accounts: https://steamcommunity.com/id/beepboopbeepboopbeepboopbeeeeeep/ (it must be noted that she mostly played valorant so the steam profile isn't the most glamourous)
Who blacklisted you? (if known): Auto Blacklist due to VPN at least to my knowledge
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): What will you do to stop this from happening again: Ensure that I do not join any server whilst still in use of a VPN, furthermore I will secure my PC from sister and make sure that she asks before she uses it to avoid situations such as this.
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned/blacklisted?: Yes, I have been warned and banned a handful of times. But from an outside perspective, I fully understand that minging is not as fun nor as valuable of an experience as properly playing the server and interacting with the community.
Why should you be unblacklisted: From my time on the server throughout 2022 and early 2023, I thoroughly enjoyed my time on the server holding many formal RP positions such as Ethics Assistant, O-1 SGT, E-11 CSG and CI Delta. I was extremely active with me being on daily, playing on Civil Networks brought me an immense amount of joy and I greatly appreciated my time here, I believe that my past roles demonstrate a level of maturity that I held, not to mention my holding of staff which I later opted out of to become a Gamemaster for a month or so. I strongly believe that out of the many blacklist appeals that you likely get within in this community, I am potentially one of the most deserving to get it amended. I have not cheated, doxed or anything of the like, a mistake was simply made which at first I thought was too much effort to amend, but now after missing out on the server for a couple of months I have realised how much it meant to me.
How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: I will RP in a very professional manner as I did in the past to guarantee I receive no further warnings/bans. Furthermore, I will ensure that I become a positive and uplifting member of the community if I am so lucky to get this blacklist lifted.
Why do you want to rejoin this server?: I wish to re-join this server to become a member of the community once again, from my time playing on this server I made many friends which I have deeply missed since, not to mention my inability to play with my friends which I am still in contact with whenever they decide to play the server. It is deeply saddening how I have been limited by a simple mistake that was made. I would greatly appreciate this blacklist being lifted as a simple second chance, my friends inform me about all the new plans and updates that civil networks have put in place, whether it's simple QoL updates or large scale future plans such as "Site-9" or the proposed Star Wars RP both of which I believe I would hold a great interest in. The fact is, this server is an anomaly in the wide sea of GMOD servers, it has unique development, unique features and a fluid and fair staff team. If I could play another server then maybe I wouldn't be too hung up about this, except there isn't, this network is simply one of a kind and unrivalled. I miss it.

Cloak

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 14, 2021
I've verified you were using a VPN and therefore you have been unblacklisted. Please do not use a VPN on our servers again if possible, as you run the risk of this happening to you if your IP matches up with a blacklisted player.

Status
Not open for further replies.