Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesla

Jun 2, 2023
Your in-game name: Kimmy Head
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:160630619
Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Sprance/
Date of ban: 10/21/23
What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): Harassment | Stacked Warnings | Stacked Bans #Rosalyn
Who banned you: John Atlas Kent
Ban length?: 3 weeks
What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): USA

Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/

What will you do to stop this from happening again: Nothing I was banned for no good reason, I checked the rules and there is nothing about harassment anywhere. There is one rule 1:10 that covers disrespectful Conduct, referring specifically to slurs, but other than that there is nothing. Of course, rping with females on the server should be avoided from here on out because people (especially admins) seem to be overly sensitive to anything done to a female.

Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned? Yes, but all of the bans I have received were for bad reasons, the admins on your servers do not have a good grasp on the rules and there is no arguing with them once they get an idea in their heads.

Why should you be unbanned: First of all, barely any harassment took place and it certainly wasn't unwarranted, it was more of an RP situation. The events that led up to the "harassment" were as follows. Cee Cee the medical director was holding a meeting in her office with all of the combat medics unofficially, there was no call for combat medics or anything they all just walked in so I tried to also. Once inside the office for a little while they noticed me and asked me to leave which I promptly did, after leaving I was arrested for trespassing, as requested by the Medical Director Cee Cee. So I went to jail and was confused so I had to get an admin down there and waste everyone's time just for it to eventually be confirmed that I was AOSd by a CL4, so while in jail I swore that I would get revenge by killing the one who AOSd me. After getting out of jail I looked around for the Director for a while eventually finding her in the medbay. When I found her I pulled out my knife and attempted to kill her, but I was thwarted by the MTF present. After dying I thought it was over, but imagine my surprise when the MTF rushed my bunks looking to arrest me. To me, this was a clear indication from much more experienced players that the RP was still live so I continued with my mission trying to kill the director or anyone who got in my way. After about 3 or 4 minutes I was successfully arrested by the MTF present and went to jail for 30 mins and assumed that was that and went afk to walk my dogs. When I got back I was banned for two weeks, and then after checking today, I saw that it was raised to 3 weeks for... Harassment. As stated previously there is no rule that talks about this and I believe that I was banned simply because the person happened to be a female. The worst thing I called Cee Cee was probably a bitch, but this is not a derogatory term at all. The term bitch is a unisex word that I personally use to refer to anyone acting like a bitch (such as the ethics committee). I like the word and call many people bitches, and I have almost been arrested for it a few times when referring to other CL4+ personnel. So to summarise I should be unbanned because the ban that I received was false.

How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: I have read through the short rule book and determined that my play style will not clash with the rules set in place. Though dealing with pussy whipped admins may prove challenging at times, the forums will hopefully prove a valuable asset to defend myself.

Why do you want to rejoin this server?: This is basically the only server on Gmod I put real time into, and it's definitely the only SCP-RP server worth playing. Love the server and always have a good time on it.

Kayla

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Oct 20, 2023
I was a witness to this and can confirm you followed and killed/attempted to kill Cece multiple times, during the sit it came to light that the admin had been told about the plan to kill "that bitch" referring to Cece. He continuously called out for Cece on comms after coming out of the first sit, even when being told she was busy and if a Senior Doctor could assist with what he needed (unknown to us he was looking to RDM). As I came to med bay shortly before the consultant, he proceeded to ask me a few times where she is, at which point, he continued to follow and find Cece, calling her a bitch and attempting to and sucessfully downing her a couple of times despite having been killed after the first attempt.
The staff that took the sit saw the clips, however we no longer have access to them.

Tesla

Jun 2, 2023
I was a witness to this and can confirm you followed and killed/attempted to kill Cece multiple times, during the sit it came to light that the admin had been told about the plan to kill "that bitch" referring to Cece. He continuously called out for Cece on comms after coming out of the first sit, even when being told she was busy and if a Senior Doctor could assist with what he needed (unknown to us he was looking to RDM). As I came to med bay shortly before the consultant, he proceeded to ask me a few times where she is, at which point, he continued to follow and find Cece, calling her a bitch and attempting to and sucessfully downing her a couple of times despite having been killed after the first attempt.
The staff that took the sit saw the clips, however we no longer have access to them.
Did you even read the appeal? I kept going because the NU7 guarding her kept it going and said something about the RP still being live. If the RP was done with why after I died did I get arrested for 30 mins? They literally camped in my spawn and kept saying arrest him arrest him, why would they do that if the RP was not live? And there never was a sit referring to my plan to kill her the sit previous was to determine if the IA agent arresting me was making a false arrest, and it was determined that he was not.

Last edited:

Kayla

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Oct 20, 2023
Did you even read the appeal? I kept going because the NU7 guarding her kept it going and said something about the RP still being live. If the RP was done with why after I died did I get arrested for 30 mins? They literally camped in my spawn and kept saying arrest him arrest him, why would they do that if the RP was not live? And there never was a sit referring to my plan to kill her the sit previous was to determine if the IA agent arresting me was making a false arrest, and it was determined that he was not.
You ran out of your bunks 3 times stabbing wildly with your knife. That isn’t the MTFs fault, they were just doing their jobs.
This is the last time I’m going to post on the matter as I’ve said all I have to say.

Tesla

Jun 2, 2023
You ran out of your bunks 3 times stabbing wildly with your knife. That isn’t the MTFs fault, they were just doing their jobs.
This is the last time I’m going to post on the matter as I’ve said all I have to say.
My mistake, it was my thought that MTF were aware of the basic rules, so when THEY kept the RP going I simply followed the example of players who are supposed to be well-versed in the rules. They are much more accustomed to RP and situations like that than myself so I assumed that there was some rule that kept the RP going. If they followed NLR, as I thought was going to be the case, the issue would have been dropped after my first death.

Rosalyn 'Vrda'

Jul 15, 2023
York
Complaint response

Hello Kimmy,

As it has been over two weeks since your ban Cece and Kayla no longer have the clips I was provided with so I am unable to send it as context. Same goes for logs.

However, you called a sit originally claiming false arrest. You were very hostile and adamant about this so I provided you with Ceces name so you could follow it up in character. Entering the area is not an OOC rule but refusing to leave under gunpoint is, this was the first instance of a rule break.
You then proceeded to tell me you were going to RDM Cece, when I informed you that was RDM and not to do so you replied with "I don't care I will stab that bitch" After reminding you again, not to, I closed the sit as you were continuing to be hostile towards the situation.
As soon as you got released you went into comms and began calling for Cece, asking for locations. As soon as you found her and got into a room, with no attempt to role play, you equipped a knife and started stabbing randomly at her.
This was the second and third instance of rule break, FailRP for seeking combat as a non combative and RDM for trying to kill Cece. You also refused to stop under gunpoint as shown on the clip which was a second instance of FearRP.
You were shouting names and obscenities at her before you were killed by the MTF in medbay, leading to your toxicity warn.
You then respawned and believe it or not, there wasnt MTF inside of your spawn. The clip showed you running out of spawn, still shouting obscenities about Cece and trying to randomly stab anyone within reach, more attempted RDM.

Even after the second death you started putting messages in OOC about it and calling Cece names there. Which is why they called the sit. Because you did not stop.

It is not about what you claim other people did, but what you yourself did. Saying in advance you were going to "RDM" her showed you clearly had no intention to role play and were willing to break the servers rules with no regard. Your attitude throughout your response also shows little to no remorse for any of your actions. There was multiple sits called about this situation and everyone said the same to me that the clip showed.

To explain the ban length
You broke six rules in that situation,
ARDM (Multiple times) which would have been B class as you already had a warn
FearRP, again, B for previous warns
Toxicity, B for previous warns
NLR, for going back and continuing multiple times
FailRP, for having weapons on trainee and using it to seek harm to foundation personelle.

That equated to a week ban for stacked warns

There was also the harassment, Seeking out Cece in multiple lives to cause her harm, bringing it into OOC to call her names and threaten to kill her more. Being toxic with multiple witnesses. This showed clear intent. You put "Cece you just wait" after you finally got arrested by IA, showing you clearly had intent to continue should you not have been banned.

The two weeks for harassment, One week to stacked warns equated for three weeks

This was not your first ban, so you received three additional days following the guidelines for stacked bans.

Tesla

Jun 2, 2023
Complaint response

Hello Kimmy,

As it has been over two weeks since your ban Cece and Kayla no longer have the clips I was provided with so I am unable to send it as context. Same goes for logs.

However, you called a sit originally claiming false arrest. You were very hostile and adamant about this so I provided you with Ceces name so you could follow it up in character. Entering the area is not an OOC rule but refusing to leave under gunpoint is, this was the first instance of a rule break.
You then proceeded to tell me you were going to RDM Cece, when I informed you that was RDM and not to do so you replied with "I don't care I will stab that bitch" After reminding you again, not to, I closed the sit as you were continuing to be hostile towards the situation.
As soon as you got released you went into comms and began calling for Cece, asking for locations. As soon as you found her and got into a room, with no attempt to role play, you equipped a knife and started stabbing randomly at her.
This was the second and third instance of rule break, FailRP for seeking combat as a non combative and RDM for trying to kill Cece. You also refused to stop under gunpoint as shown on the clip which was a second instance of FearRP.
You were shouting names and obscenities at her before you were killed by the MTF in medbay, leading to your toxicity warn.
You then respawned and believe it or not, there wasnt MTF inside of your spawn. The clip showed you running out of spawn, still shouting obscenities about Cece and trying to randomly stab anyone within reach, more attempted RDM.

Even after the second death you started putting messages in OOC about it and calling Cece names there. Which is why they called the sit. Because you did not stop.

It is not about what you claim other people did, but what you yourself did. Saying in advance you were going to "RDM" her showed you clearly had no intention to role play and were willing to break the servers rules with no regard. Your attitude throughout your response also shows little to no remorse for any of your actions. There was multiple sits called about this situation and everyone said the same to me that the clip showed.

To explain the ban length
You broke six rules in that situation,
ARDM (Multiple times) which would have been B class as you already had a warn
FearRP, again, B for previous warns
Toxicity, B for previous warns
NLR, for going back and continuing multiple times
FailRP, for having weapons on trainee and using it to seek harm to foundation personelle.

That equated to a week ban for stacked warns

There was also the harassment, Seeking out Cece in multiple lives to cause her harm, bringing it into OOC to call her names and threaten to kill her more. Being toxic with multiple witnesses. This showed clear intent. You put "Cece you just wait" after you finally got arrested by IA, showing you clearly had intent to continue should you not have been banned.

The two weeks for harassment, One week to stacked warns equated for three weeks

This was not your first ban, so you received three additional days following the guidelines for stacked bIt
The ban actually occurred one week ago as clearly stated in the ban appeal, and it seems convenient that you deleted clips after a week. The ban message included none of the extra offenses that you detailed in your reply. As for the previous toxicity warning, I believe It was for playing a rap song that had the N-word in it, in d block. The only thing I called Cee Cee was a bitch, which, as I stated in my appeal is not a derogatory term and so does not fall under the Toxicity rule. As for the other things the situation was an RP situation, I was a disgruntled man who was arrested for no reason, and so I sought out revenge for this. I only started running out the 2nd time after I was rushed in my spawn after clearly dying so it was my reasonable assumption that this RP of me being disgruntled and having nothing to lose was still live so I continued playing the part.

Rosalyn 'Vrda'

Jul 15, 2023
York
The ban actually occurred one week ago as clearly stated in the ban appeal, and it seems convenient that you deleted clips after a week. The ban message included none of the extra offenses that you detailed in your reply. As for the previous toxicity warning, I believe It was for playing a rap song that had the N-word in it, in d block. The only thing I called Cee Cee was a bitch, which, as I stated in my appeal is not a derogatory term and so does not fall under the Toxicity rule. As for the other things the situation was an RP situation, I was a disgruntled man who was arrested for no reason, and so I sought out revenge for this. I only started running out the 2nd time after I was rushed in my spawn after clearly dying so it was my reasonable assumption that this RP of me being disgruntled and having nothing to lose was still live so I continued playing the part.
I apologise, I read the date in the DD/MM/YYYY format.
I will as such attempt to find logs. I never had access to the clips, it was screenshared to me in support channel with Kayla and Cece. The ban message was written by Atlas who was given pretty much the exact message I gave there with as such reasons. But the reasons listed were the reasons for your ban. The reason the ban increased is because I can only ban for 2w so I sent it to Atlas to review as SL and extend the ban.

The N word is severe toxicity, toxicity is not written in a do not and do list. But I would say trying to kill someone multiple times while screaming they're a bitch would fall under it. If the other person is (And clearly was) harmed by it, and it was not a joke or as friends, but as a genuine insult then I would view as toxicity hence my warn.

RDMing 'In RP' is not allowed without special permission. It is still RDM whether you think you have a valid reason or not. The valid reasons are outlined in the rules and being arrested for trespass and insubordination is not one. If people were harassing you, RDMing or random arresting you after a new life, then you should have called a sit, not gone out randomly stabbing everyone.

To add for whoever reviews the clip I was shown saw him running out of bunks randomly stabbing, not anyone going into bunks to "Continue RP"

I have now said everything needed and unless I can find logs this will be my final response.

John “Atlas” Kent

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Feb 9, 2022
Vietnam
Appeal Denied

Greetings @Tesla

Thank you for taking the time to appeal. After reviewing statements from both parties, I want to address some of the issues before giving my final verdict on this matter.

To begin with, Rosalyn was following the Punishment Guidelines, and she issued a correct ban based on the number of offenses. In addition, the fact that you called out the victim's name on OOC multiple times can be seen as Harassment, given the situation. Moreover, based on the action that you have taken, it is understandable that the victim was feeling targeted by you and requested help from Rosalyn.

To conclude, I understand that roleplaying as an angry person and cursing around is normal and can be handled through in-character rules. However, we are trying to create a healthy roleplay environment for players, which means we will not tolerate any toxic behavior that might lead to potential damage to the server. With this ban, please think about your actions and refrain from doing so in the future.

Based on the above, no action will be taken; your ban will remain active.

You may make another appeal in 3 days

Kind regards,
Atlas

Status
Not open for further replies.