Overseer Assistant

HOLDING:
Director of Research
CI-B
DEA Senior Agent

Have you received any kicks/bans/warnings? and why?:
None.

What Ethics Committee role are you applying for, and why:
I am applying for Ethics Committee Member. The Ethics Committee is an incredibly interesting faction within the server. I have spent hundreds of hours on-site in a variety of mainly administrative and managing positions, but the Ethics Committee has been a part of the server I have always enjoyed seeing active, as it has such a profound, positive impact on the rest of the server. I would like to become an Ethics Member to have the same opportunities to have a wider, positive impact on the site as a whole. Being a Department Director for some time, I have had the opportunity to directly help both new and old researchers with conducting their roleplay, so I wish to expand upon this duty to encompass other aspects of the site. Becoming an ECM is the best way of doing that, as you get to interact with other personnel directly, unlike O5. Additionally, ECM is a new venture for me. I have gone all the way from Executive through to Site Director, but having an position in the Ethics Committee will allow me greater responsibility and ability to serve the site.

What makes you the best candidate for the Ethics Committee?:
I am the best possible candidate for the Ethics Committee for a variety of reasons. I have had a large amount of administrative experience throughout my time on the server. From Executive and Special Agent, to Assistant, Department Director, and Site Director, I can confidently say that I outpace other applicants in terms of raw management experience. This experience has also been varied through several different aspects of the site. Research has given me a large advantage through my knowledge in non-combative roleplay, while DEA has given me the opportunity to expand into the management of combative roleplay. This is critical for any member of Site Command, who are often relied upon to make decisions on both aspects of the server’s roleplay. Often times, some will apply to the position in hopes of becoming the all-powerful Site Commanded, feared by all, others will apply simply because its the next step in the ladder for them to climb, but ultimately, I think that passion for quality roleplay experiences on the server and the undertaking of additional responsibility and accountability in order to provide this are what should make an ECM candidate a consideration. I have dedicated myself to many roles with varying levels of responsibility and experience, and I will perform as an ECM with that same dedication and professionalism that I’ve put into other roles.

What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee in RP?:
The Ethics Committee is tasked with the oversight of Foundation Operations, and ensuring that the Foundation does not stray from its goals, all while maintaining an ethical and moral standard, even through situations in which it is difficult to do so. A common saying is that “The Foundation is cold, not cruel” which perfectly expresses the duty of the Ethics Committee. They are the overseeing body which keeps the Foundation on its feet without becoming an organization of carpetbaggers, backstabbers, and monsters. Within the scope of the server, this translates to the maintenance and enforcement of the Code of Ethics, ensuring that unethical practices are prohibited, and that these rules and codes are firmly maintained through Internal Affairs, and Omega-1 in certain circumstances. A member of the Ethics Committee is entrusted to make decisions in specific matters on-site, approving high-level testing, making appropriate exceptions, overseeing other departments to ensure that operations are conducted within the practices of the Code of Ethics, and taking command during times of crisis where Site Command intervention is required. Such situations involve the matter of ethics, and decisions between what is ethical and what must be done to ensure stability must always toe a fine line. A good example of this is authorizing mass-terminations or KOS orders in D-Block.

Overall, the Ethics Committee are primarily a faction focused on oversight and enforcement of policies to ensure that on-site operations are run smoothly.

What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee out of RP (e.g. what applications do they handle?):
The Ethics Committee have a variety of responsibilities out of RP. They are a direct line of communication for members of SA and to a certain extent, department directors on matters which may require the advice or decision of an Ethics Member on a topic. Ethics Members should also ensure that senior members of CL4 are appropriately provided for on anything that may help them in their duties from an Ethics perspective. Delegation of new policies and procedures to SA and Directors will ensure that there is proper deconfliction about recent changes, and overall provide smoother operations across the site.

Additionally, the Ethics Committee are responsible for handling the applications of two roles, Ethics Assistants and the Directors of Internal Affairs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Asp

May 17, 2022
+support, ngl dont know about recently but when I was in SA, Ringer did amazing in his role, was always participating in rp, and was super easy to talk to and get things done with.

Reactions: Chad

Max "Arcturus" Shephard

May 18, 2023
+Support

Overall, I believe that you would make a decent member of Ethics. However, I would recommend picking up activity alot more if you are wanting to become a member of ethics.

Crow Kalashnikov

Oct 2, 2022
From the Ethics Committee of Site-65

2zUzcvACxWkthmFMqqc1u8ZgYMu6SqcEy6OVMIRukpv04NNqcSmB46LZ3Iz8-45KsCdmlxgXl3EnVEADU0CUJqZhNlj2sVh1R_iIaGzqclt-P94p3IjLskQOYupqWtoMEAXwUfKA2m6vbszzWjiUKSI

Hello, Ms.Ringer!

First of all, thank you for taking the time to apply for the position of Ethics Committee Member!
Your time's very much appreciated.

Upon review, your application has been Unfortunately Denied.

After Committee Vote.

You may Re-apply in Two weeks​

Status
Not open for further replies.