Accepted Let DEA Operatives/Agents and Gensec Officers and upwards spawn with 100 shield instead of 50

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prplex

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
What does this suggestion change:
This suggestion would spawn Gensec officers and DEA with 100 full shield instead of the usual 50.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Similar shield related buffs have been suggested by people before but none for Gensec/DEA recently.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
It would allow Gensec officers to get back to d block quicker after respawning. Currently even if you go to the security sector armoury it only replenishes it up to 80 without using the full shield option inside it which features a cooldown.
Another positive for both Gensec and DEA is that it would allow them to fend off intruders more effectively.
Would give Gensec officers an advantage in controlling insubordinate GSD guards and cadets and would help against situations with multiple D class rushing you.
It would put DEA more on par with the potential intruders they deal with as currently CI have better equipment and more armour.
Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Would make rogue Officers/DEA harder to kill/capture.
Might make CI raids harder

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Currently most combat roles spawn with full shield whether that be MTF, CI, UNGOC or even combat medics and it would put these roles more on par when it comes to defending the facility. On top of this there is a limit on how many people can be officer or DEA agent which means it doesn't massively tip the balance against CI it just gives some combatants a better fighting chance. Additionally I think it makes GSD officer more worth playing because currently its pretty much guard with clearance 3 and a few loudout options. If i wanted to make the biggest difference in D block currently the best option is Combat medic as they have full shield and can heal and revive making them much more effective in D block and outside of the RRUs are the best thing in a riot and giving GSD officers full shield would put them more inline with the combat medics too. For DEA it would give them much better survivability from CI as currently they have inferior equipment and weapons in addition to health. I believe they need a slight edge as often unless its a deep cover raid they will be outnumbered and outgunned and heavily rely on NU-7 being online to help them. I believe this buff would make DEA a more attractive career for players to pursue and would help bolster the DEA department overall. I think most importantly this would be a fairly quick and simple thing to add which leaves it as a question of is it beneficial or not instead of is it worth the developers time or not

Last edited:

stealthyxd

Nov 7, 2023
Sweden
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

-support for gensec getting 100 armour at spawn: This has been denied before
+-neutral for DEA getting 100 armour at spawn :
This has been denied before

As for why -support for Gensec,:
This has been denied before, reasoning (if i remember correctly) being that this would allow all gensec to simply BUMRUSH all enemy combatants (be that D-Class or CI) endlessly with full armour. Spawning at half armour balances out the fact that so many people are usually on this job at any give time.

Seeing as gensec has had zero change aside from job names since the last time this was denied, I doubt anything has changed to warrant it being accepted again.

Consider with 50 armour you effectively have 140HP (if we assume an 80% DR as in base HL2). This is already pretty good.
Spawning at 100 armour effectively gives you 180HP which is enough to withstand multiple extra shots.
Also think about how many people are usually on gensec at any one time. That's essentially five to ten people at any time outside of late-nights who spawn with 180HP that not only are not MTF, but anybody can become with just level 5 combat.

a HORDE of ever-respawning gensec at full HP & armour rushing CI would be even scarier than it already is

Last edited:
Reactions: Rushi
-support for gensec getting 100 armour at spawn: This has been denied before
+-neutral for DEA getting 100 armour at spawn :
This has been denied before

As for why -support for Gensec,:
This has been denied before, reasoning (if i remember correctly) being that this would allow all gensec to simply BUMRUSH all enemy combatants (be that D-Class or CI) endlessly with full armour. Spawning at half armour balances out the fact that so many people are usually on this job at any give time.

Seeing as gensec has had zero change aside from job names since the last time this was denied, I doubt anything has changed to warrant it being accepted again.

Consider with 50 armour you effectively have 140HP (if we assume an 80% DR as in base HL2). This is already pretty good.
Spawning at 100 armour effectively gives you 180HP which is enough to withstand multiple extra shots.
Also think about how many people are usually on gensec at any one time. That's essentially five to ten people at any time outside of late-nights who spawn with 180HP that not only are not MTF, but anybody can become with just level 5 combat.

a HORDE of ever-respawning gensec at full HP & armour rushing CI would be even scarier than it already is
except all the gensec and DEA can just go to their armour spawners every time they spawn and fill up on armour anyway, so this is a moot point.

Reactions: Zen
except all the gensec and DEA can just go to their armour spawners every time they spawn and fill up on armour anyway, so this is a moot point.
kid named "YOU CAN ONLY GET ARMOUR ONCE EVERY 5 MINUTES & SUIT BATTERIES ONLY RESPAWN QUICKLY WHEN YOU ARE NOT PLAYING AT PRIME TIME (WHICH IS THE ONLY SITUATION WE CARE ABOUT)":
talk about a moot point bro think about what you say before you say it i got really upset when you said moot ???

• Haha
Reactions: Niox
Status
Not open for further replies.