Denied Let GenSec SGT Give Credit

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke Morrow

Jun 1, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
  • Allows SGT to use !credit
  • Possibly with an approval system similar to Jr Researcher
  • Could also require evidence that the sweep took place for approval to be given (seems overkill for a whitelist job)

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Not that I saw.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
  • Allows a SGT running a sweep to credit GenSec after a sweep when there are no CAPT+ online
  • Prevents having to pull higher ups away from their other duties
  • It's logical given that a SGT can call a sweep, but currently cannot credit for it

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
  • Abuse of the system (Giving credit to everyone you see for no reason)

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
There have been several occasions when I have run a sweep, but there weren't any CAPT+ online. On these occasions, I have had to call someone with authority to D-Block to give credit. On a few other occasions, nobody showed up to give credit either because they were busy with something else, or because there was nobody available at all.

Not to mention, the negative isn't even really a negative when you consider that SGT is a whitelist job, and nobody that is supposed to be responsible should be abusing the system anyway. That being said, irresponsible people slip through the cracks sometimes and may still abuse the credit system. However, that could be dealt with the same as anything else.

If it seems that it is still too much power, a system could be implemented to require credit authorization similar to how it works with Jr Researchers. Another possible addition would be to require a screenshot or recording of the lineup after the sweep as prove that credit was given within reason.

I know that credit system changes need an exceptional reason to be implemented. I hope that SGT being able to run a sweep but not credit, and the several people that were never credited under my watch because of that reason, are valid enough reason to warrant looking into this. Thank you for the time you took to read.

EDIT: Completely forgot the format. It's been a while since I have done one of these. It has been corrected.
EDIT: Made it easier to read instead of looking like word salad.

Last edited:

Duke Morrow

Jun 1, 2023
+support
make it so ppl have to approve the credit
also follow the format or they instantly deny it
Credit approval seems reasonable. Although, if a SGT is just going around giving credit to everyone for no reason, they should be bumped down to Officer anyway.

Neptune

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Mar 4, 2023
England
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Duke Morrow,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

Crediting should be left for CL4 and Research to do, as Sergeant is not a full leadership position we do not believe they should be allowed to credit.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

• Sad
Reactions: ToasterStrudels
Status
Not open for further replies.