Denied Letting moderators do /ID to grab ones id while looking at them (Staff suggestion)

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

"Sigma"

Donator
Jul 26, 2022
NY?
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This feature adds the ability to do /id while looking at a player to copy there id to your clipboard so instead of holding tab and doing it that way which takes longer and this is something i have binded from being a DARKRP Staff member for other servers.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Lest time of having to hold tab and do it that way
Simpilar and easier than doing @ if binded
is used for every other server I play so having it here would help new mods that are mods from others servers use this.
overall something that would make sits better

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Nothing

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
It is a great suggestion that makes taking sits faster and more efficient so more sits are done faster and would help me and others that already have /id as a bind to I

Wonka

Donator
Jul 29, 2022
I don't know about this one, the person can just move and you'll grab Steam ID of someone across the map and ban them instead.

This is not really necessary, just use tab menu to be safe.

"Sigma"

Donator
Jul 26, 2022
NY?
I don't know about this one, the person can just move and you'll grab Steam ID of someone across the map and ban them instead.

This is not really necessary, just use tab menu to be safe.
Well how the map is set up and how it is set up in other servers it doesn't go through walls only entities like players that have a Steam ID and the way the staff rooms are set up its on a level of the map where there's nothing like to the left or right of the staff box to where that would happen and i would rather them move or move alot to avoid and me just clicking I while its binded and doing it faster than the tab menu.

Claire!

Blacklisted Player
May 29, 2022
Los Angeles, California
Well how the map is set up and how it is set up in other servers it doesn't go through walls only entities like players that have a Steam ID and the way the staff rooms are set up its on a level of the map where there's nothing like to the left or right of the staff box to where that would happen and i would rather them move or move alot to avoid and me just clicking I while its binded and doing it faster than the tab menu.
It does go through the wall, the @ goes through walls

"Sigma"

Donator
Jul 26, 2022
NY?
It does... Thats what Staff has said at meetings, I don know much as I rarely used the @ thing
Yes the @ system does but i am not saying @ system a different system /ID Different commands and could be structured differently the thing your suppose to be looking at for this application is the positives not the small reasons taht you are unsure of if it would work thats what the final outcome from the staff will be so any problems like that can be fixed easily.

Mickle

Aug 6, 2022
-Support

its not that hard to just grab their ID from the tablist, its unnecessary and something that isnt needed

"Sigma"

Donator
Jul 26, 2022
NY?
-Support

its not that hard to just grab their ID from the tablist, its unnecessary and something that isnt needed
As yes i agree its not hard to grab their ID from the tablist but finding it takes longer especially since minge jobs are at the bottom and there are so many players in the server /ID would be great you say its not needed which i do agree its not needed but it could be a great feature that makes it easier to do stuff after all i am making a suggestion not a demand or arguing that it should be a thing and that they need to fix now.

"Fanboy"

Apr 28, 2022
Ickezeznshwa, Antartica.
www.google.com
If you do @ to do that when looking at someone, yes it can copy the id if the person that is on the other side of the map

Hydro

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 19, 2020
Haven't tested this and it's dogshit util command code, but it's straight forward so I imagine this should work. Needs adding clientside, but it'll get the steamID of whoever you are looking at. This will not go through walls.

Code:
hook.Add("OnPlayerChat", "PlayerSay_GetSteamID", function(ply, text)

if (text != "/id" || ply != LocalPlayer()) then return end

local target = ply:GetEyeTrace().Entity
    if (!IsValid(target) or !target:IsPlayer()) then
        chat.AddText("You must be looking at a player to copy their SteamID.")
        return;
    end

local steamid = target:SteamID()
    chat.AddText("Copied '"..steamid.."' to your clipboard")
    SetClipboardText(steamid)
end)

Claire!

Blacklisted Player
May 29, 2022
Los Angeles, California
Haven't tested this and it's dogshit util command code, but it's straight forward so I imagine this should work. Needs adding clientside, but it'll get the steamID of whoever you are looking at. This will not go through walls.

Code:
hook.Add("OnPlayerChat", "PlayerSay_GetSteamID", function(ply, text)

if (text != "/id" || ply != LocalPlayer()) then return end

local target = ply:GetEyeTrace().Entity
    if (!IsValid(target) or !target:IsPlayer()) then
        chat.AddText("You must be looking at a player to copy their SteamID.")
        return;
    end

local steamid = target:SteamID()
    chat.AddText("Copied '"..steamid.."' to your clipboard")
    SetClipboardText(steamid)
end)
god bless hydro

"Sigma"

Donator
Jul 26, 2022
NY?
If you do @ to do that when looking at someone, yes it can copy the id if the person that is on the other side of the map
Yeah i said that but @ is not the same type command of /id i mean it comes from a most Darkrp servers which i have my previous experience in moderating in so i could probably swing over there and get that all figured out.

Rushi

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Content Team
Group Moderator
May 23, 2022
I will be honest, I don't really a point in this command. As staff, you already got quite alot of commands that are available to you, and I doubt that adding another one like this would be much useful. Doesn't really take much effort to open logs and copy the steam ID. Takes less than 10 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.