Denied Love of god please fix disguise kits

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flare

Jul 14, 2023
Poland
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Disguise kit overhaul

Main Suggestions:
- Taking the disguise of a disguised person gives you the disguise of the person they are disguised as,
- Going AFK doesn't pull out your disguise kit, instead you just stand there with keys,
- Someone leaving the server won't disable disguise kit,
- When using disguise kit change suit colour to the person you're disguising as.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Probably

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Increases the ease of use of disguise kits,
Mostly QOL changes,
Seems easy to implement.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Knowing how Server/Client side code works, the data for which disguise you have would need to be stored server-side to prevent exploiting it easily, which could take up server space?

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Mainly just QOL for everyone who has a disguise kit as I've had WAY too many interactions where i'm about to get some information or following someone and my disguise kit toggles off at the worst moment because the person left.

Last edited:

Casey Solburn

Oct 19, 2022
-Support

- I think this has been denied in the last 5 months if not sooner
- You already disguise as the person who another person is disguised as (The name above the head is a visual glitch that wouldn't be used due to metagaming)
- If you go AFK with a disguise on, it's handy to remind you that you have it on when you return
- When someone leaves the server, they're not on site/in pinewood anymore and so you can't assume their identity.

Flare

Jul 14, 2023
Poland
-Support

- I think this has been denied in the last 5 months if not sooner
- You already disguise as the person who another person is disguised as (The name above the head is a visual glitch that wouldn't be used due to metagaming)
- If you go AFK with a disguise on, it's handy to remind you that you have it on when you return
- When someone leaves the server, they're not on site/in pinewood anymore and so you can't assume their identity.
- We all know that although metagaming isn't allowed but people would still use it to know you're disguised.
- If you go AFK with a disguise on you can simply see the text in the bottom showing you you're disguised.
- Having your disguise go off mid-interaction is one of the most painful and annoying things that can happen.

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
also somebody suggested a fix for this in the past and it was accepted so pretty much everything here should hopefully be fixed with the rework they'll release in 2-5 years, so i dont know what this guy was smoking when he said it was recently denied

"Mozzie"

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Jul 21, 2023
Red Sea
en.m.wikipedia.org
+support
also similair suggestion was accpeted

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
suggestion was accepted already
fr ong 3rd time saying this

Mr_poptart

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Jul 17, 2023
Suggestion Denied

Hi <Flare>,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

<This is not possible according to Ventz>

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.