Denied Make a queue for joining the server

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Almosst

Nov 7, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
- Adds a queue system for people joining
- Possible rework of the priority join system

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- People will be able to join in a more organized manor instead of having to spam the join button, effectively making it impossible to join at peek times. It will also reduce the unexpectedness of joining the server, and you can join the queue a bit before you plan on getting on.
- I don't believe this is the case but people attempting to all join the full server at once may be causing server lag and acting like a minor DDOS attack (but with humans, not bots)
- New players who are trying to join at peek hours will most likely give up on joining before a minute of trying to join the server. I sure as hell would just join a different server if this one was full the first ever time I played SCP-RP.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Less people may buy the priority join system, might be good to rework that as well.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Adding a queue system will make it much easier to join the server, attract more new players, and possibly fix a bit of server lag. Honestly, the only downside is that Civil Networks might lose a bit of money with the priority join, but I would think they would make it back with all the new players who don't give up on joining the server after a bit of joining. Like seriously, it takes a good 15 minutes just to get a spot. And you have to spam the join button.

Status
Not open for further replies.