Rule Suggestion Make crouching solely against 076 against the rules

Rule suggestions will be reviewed by Superadmins, this may take longer than standard content suggestions.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Illidan Cyplenkov

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 24, 2020
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Changes/enforces the hitbox abuse rule so that crouching solely for 076 is deemed as hitbox abuse.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Not that I know

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Makes combat more realistic
- Gives 076 a fairer chance when attacking
- Makes new 076 players not leave the server because the SWEP is bad

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- You die sooner to 076

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Having people crouch when fighting an SCP with a sword is unrealistic, it's unfair for 076, and doesn't fit the realism that the server strives for.

Reactions: fiski69

Moxxie

Jul 17, 2022
-support

I will depict my minus support using British Line Infantry.

British Officer : Make Ready!

*The British Infantry slide into formation, the front crouching, the rear leaning right, and the center staying at attention, all with rifles still shouldered and pointed to the sky. *

British Officer : Present!

*The British infantry column readies their weapons and takes aim at the crouching man right in front of them, they would charge like the Japanese or SCP-076 with their bayonets, but that would be out of line.*

British Officer : Fire!

*The British infantry column discharge their flintlocks at the sole GENSEC crouching in front of them and…..miss.*

British Infantry Column : (in union) Hell! I could have sworn we were sighted in for the correct distance!

British Officer : Prime and Load!

*The line infantry being the 3 minute process of reloading their muskets.*

You see, this relates to 076 cause of you miss one swing you can just swing again it will hit them. You arn’t using a flintlock, you can crouch yourself or just look down and you can hit them easily.
I ain't reading allat but you a fuckin nerd

Anyways -support just crouch back ez

Geronimo

Jan 29, 2023
United Kingdom
The fact that SCP-076 allegedly struggles to hit players that are crouched in relation to hitbox issues sounds like a BUG, which should be reported to the relevant staff in Content Team to investigate and FIX. These meaningless rule changes are a waste of time when the issue can be fixed normally.

Reactions: Zen

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
The fact that SCP-076 allegedly struggles to hit players that are crouched in relation to hitbox issues sounds like a BUG, which should be reported to the relevant staff in Content Team to investigate and FIX. These meaningless rule changes are a waste of time when the issue can be fixed normally.
It's either a bug or the players complaining are legitimately too stupid to know how to look down. Either way, not worth a rule change.

grunger

Feb 26, 2023
it's unfair for 076
076 is one of the simplest SCPs to play and, by far, the easiest to do well with minimal skill or knowledge of game mechanics. Everything is so predictable with 076, from speed to damage, and ways to punish 076 players for their lack of skill or knowledge are few and far between. Having a way to chip in a bit more damage before you die to 076 is an improper but effective Achilles' heel to an otherwise busted SCP.

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
It's either a bug or the players complaining are legitimately too stupid to know how to look down. Either way, not worth a rule change.
ive had situations where its not as easy to just "Look down".
insert clip
This guy died from crossfire, not me, Crossfire.
076 has to crouch down constantly to kill his targets (Hitbox abuse btw) or look deadass into the floor to kill his targets.

now lets read the comments (yay)

-Support
/me ducks under SCP-076-2s Large Horizontal Swings\
/me ducks under bullets
If 076 is Infront of your face and cant hit you, i dont think you're ducking. I think thats hitbox abuse weirdly

ok so if u crouch to dodge a bullet its hitbox abusing got it

-support

unnecessary to buff 076, a SCP which is doing completely fine. If you cant hit a crouching target? idk just pull your mouse down its that shrimple, feels like you only made this suggestion because a guy could avoid being killed for 3 seconds because he could press control on his keyboard
im ignoring the waffle btw
insert above clip
Also the fact that a likely bug has become a balancing feature is weird to me

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
-Support
Just look down or crouch. This isn't hitbox abuse, you're just stupid. Having to slow down for a couple of seconds to actually put in a slight amount of effort to hit someone isn't a problem, that's just gameplay. Just because you can't just run around spam clicking (you have to turn your head or crouch like some kind of commoner now and then) doesn't mean people are cheating.
insert clip
again, making a "bug" into gameplay is weird, but sure.

- support

how is crouching in game any different than someone dodging a sword swing? people used to dodge swords all the time, so i dont see how this is an issue. 076 just has to look down and swing when the crouch aka they dodge
A speedy ass man is charging at me, i crouch and get down and he cant hit me, even while hes directly Infront of me. Its take him also having to crouch down to my level for him to hit me. Truly incredible dodging skills. Applauds.

-Support
Can be fixed by crouching or looking down at your target and makes 076 attacking less mindless other than that lots of people crouch when firing at stuff whether that be in a firing line or what
Imagine theres like, 3 E-11. all crouched shotting at 076. 076 has to crouch down to kill them all, before standing up and chasing the next one.
Now correct me if im wrong, isnt that hitbox abuse?

Also the shit about firing lines is valid, but since theres more people in a firing line its more likely that 076 will hit at least someone.
Still a good point.

i didnt consider this. This is actually a really good point im ngl. Common quality post for Emilia (the other forums goblin)

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
If it's a bug, then make a bug report. If it's a known bug and not an intended feature, then crouching against 076 is bug abuse and is already against the rules. Either way, this isn't really a rule change so much as a bug report. All we need is clarification from CT as to whether it's intentional, and then it is against the rules until it's fixed.

Ganch

Nov 27, 2022
ive had situations where its not as easy to just "Look down".
insert clip
This guy died from crossfire, not me, Crossfire.
076 has to crouch down constantly to kill his targets (Hitbox abuse btw) or look deadass into the floor to kill his targets.

now lets read the comments (yay)

/me ducks under bullets
If 076 is Infront of your face and cant hit you, i dont think you're ducking. I think thats hitbox abuse weirdly

im ignoring the waffle btw
insert above clip
Also the fact that a likely bug has become a balancing feature is weird to me
hey id agree if the clip worked

• Haha
Reactions: Niox

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
If it's a bug, then make a bug report. If it's a known bug and not an intended feature, then crouching against 076 is bug abuse and is already against the rules. Either way, this isn't really a rule change so much as a bug report. All we need is clarification from CT as to whether it's intentional, and then it is against the rules until it's fixed.
i did. The dude said he was going to look into it and then that was it.
(It has been 10 months, and for the life of me i dont remember the staff's name)

"Onion"

Nov 20, 2022
in your walls
+support

GO TO HELL A-1 GRAHHHHHHH!!!!

you have to crouch as well to hit them you can't just look down because of course you're looking down already to hit someone crouching and it's not fucking working. crouching as the fastest SCP in the game makes you not fast (SHOCKING!!!) and thus an easy target. everyone saying "just look down xD" is stupid and has clearly never played 076 and experienced this for yourself. you HAVE to crouch to actually hit them. Fix the feckin SWEP ffs... I have not seen a good argument for -support

"Onion"

Nov 20, 2022
in your walls
I forgot to add: everyone saying "make a bug report not a rule change" don't know how slow these guys are at making ANY minor change. It'll take years for something to actually be done. I and many others have made bug reports almost a year ago and guess what? IT'S STILL FUCKING BROKEN!!!!!!! So a bug report isnt going to do anything. Until shit is actually fixed (never) people should not be allowed to abuse this. I've also made sits against people doing this and no punishments were given since they didn't know if it was abuse somehow so we need an actual clarification for this exploit :)

fiski69

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 24, 2020
everyone saying "just look down xD" is stupid and has clearly never played 076 and experienced this for yourself.
the only arguments they have gets debunked by the clip above,but they knew that already as you can see by all the dumbass shitposts people are making on this thread and still doing a -support

Ganch

Nov 27, 2022
have you tried reading the thread?
1712779174273.png

ok how do i open it
also can u stop coping with 7 different messages every 30 seconds, just aim down lmao, if its bugged then rip bozo dont play 076 if its such a problem, i never faced it myself

Status
Not open for further replies.