Denied Make ERT Biometric CL4s

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grunger

Feb 26, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Give ERT members Biometric Clearance 4 access so they can better access the advanced armories around the site. As of current, they have to wait for a Bio CL4 to open the doors for them, which can put CL4s in danger and diverts ERT attention from breaches. AA is likely already authorized for the lion's share of available combatives by the time ERT is deployed, and ERT has always been dubbed the "soft-nuke", so let ERT access those resources before the site reaches that point.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Not to my knowledge.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
  1. ERT can better contain breaches via powerful AA weaponry as they are supposed to be high-level operatives that can be trusted not to abuse said access
  2. Less overall disruption to roleplay as both nukes become rarer and prolonged breaches are shortened, or at least given a fighting chance to be contained

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
  1. With ready access to AA equipment and biometric CL4 areas, utmost trust has to be placed in the hands of ERT players
  2. SCPs will be more likely to face AA-equipped ERT more frequently, on top of their base kit, making the nuke point more challenging

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
The intention of ERT is to take back critical areas in order to contain the SCPs. It doesn't make sense to have ERT depend on CL4s because they are an independent team sent in to save the site when all is lost. Communications break down and CL4s aren't always available. ERT already have CL4, augers, AA-12s, and nerve gas, so they should be able to handle themselves just fine. In terms of SCP balancing, ERT already has to take long walks to every armory to restock AA. This window is more than enough for competent players to out-maneuver them. It should not be easy to kill ERT if they're using all their resources and playing their cards right.

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
-Support
While this is annoying, anyone can become ERT. Giving them access to AA rooms would likely lead to misuse, intentional or not, e.g. using Matadors against SCPs.

"Onion"

Nov 20, 2022
in your walls
+/- support

what zen said. AA in the wrong hands can be awful. granted nerve is worse than nitro and I've seen many MTF as ERT gas entire firing lines so it's a real mixed bag. ERT is usually allowed free reign to get whatever they need from AA even in low SCP breaches so I dunno...

grunger

Feb 26, 2023
-Support
While this is annoying, anyone can become ERT. Giving them access to AA rooms would likely lead to misuse, intentional or not, e.g. using Matadors against SCPs.
Players who are picked for ERT who don't understand the rules around AA aren't likely going to be able to find the armoury in the first place. Those who choose to ignore the rules can be reported and dealt with. They're already entrusted with nerve gas; I think that sets the barrier of entry high enough.

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
-Support
i normally give an explanation, but i think my reasoning is not something that is public information - so i can't
nevermind, my information was wrong - thank you to that one dev that popped up in TS to question me about it and to CT for giving inconsistent information

either way, while i personally still somewhat disagree with the entire premise of biometric clearance on a technical level - this is just not good for reasons several others have stated already. ERTs should remain biometric CL3

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: "Onion"

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
it's in plain view in SS... min combat level for ERT is like 60 they're going to know its there
ERT has no minimum levels, you are just more likely to get it with higher combat/total levels, is my understanding.

Crimson

Dec 29, 2022
-Support

Gives you access to CL4 comms
Can easily misuse AA
Can enter ISD bunks whenever
Rest said above

Geronimo

Jan 29, 2023
United Kingdom
- Support
Like aforementioned reasons, they don't need full CL4 access. ERT itself is already quite powerful, and I feel giving them access to extra AA weaponry would be too powerful, as well as introduce too many opportunities for abuse and metagaming.

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
+-neutral regardless of whether this suggestion is accepted, i'm fairly sure the way that ERT works & spawns means making them biometric is either not possible or an absolute pain in the ass to develop

grunger

Feb 26, 2023
does he know, chat
the worst example one could give.....
even if what I think happened happened, it has little to do with them having bio access or not since nobody would question letting ert into AA
the difference between them having access to aa and not is how fast they can do it, it’ll still happen either way and nobody can really foresee it either way

Second

even if what I think happened happened, it has little to do with them having bio access or not since nobody would question letting ert into AA
the difference between them having access to aa and not is how fast they can do it, it’ll still happen either way and nobody can really foresee it either way
No the joke is that the guy you responded to got removed from CoS for shooting a matador into dblock as a tech expert

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
No the joke is that the guy you responded to got removed from CoS for shooting a matador into dblock as a tech expert
how does everyone else keep ticking off the stuff on my bucket list???

Michael Dzhetnikov

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 22, 2022
they dont need aa they all have op weapons, arguably most being on par or more powerful than aa. Also there wouldnt be a case where an scp is locked inside a cl4 bio room since most break doors, then otherwise just bring a cl4 with you.
-Support

should give them cl5 bio instead smh

Status
Not open for further replies.