Rule Suggestion Make it FailRP to Breach SCP's as D-Class

Rule suggestions will be reviewed by Superadmins, this may take longer than standard content suggestions.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayuri

Mar 17, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

This changes what D-Class are able to do when they escape D-Block.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:

N/A

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

1. Improve server health because it's really easy for D-Class to escape during low pop hours and Breach 3 SCP's.

2. Constant Breaches ruin RP for others.

3. It doesn't make much sense why D-Class would breach SCP's in the first place if their goal is to escape the Foundation.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

Gives D-Class less to do when they escape.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

This should be accepted because constant breaches ruin the flow of RP and make the server unfun. Limiting who can breach SCP's should limit the constant breaches that happen during low pop.

Senior Ambassador Sledge

Oct 25, 2023
Cincinnati Ohio, United States
+/- Support (Leaning Slightly -Support)
Makes breaches fewer and far between (which is very much needed imo)
Logically, makes sense

Removes a lot of what makes D-Class enjoyable
Would give less reason to play D-Class

I'm pretty iffy about this one, logically it makes sense since why would you try to breach something you have 0 idea what it's capable of let alone know if you'll survive after breaching it. The whole "I'm not going to make it so I might as well cause as much damage as possible" mentality doesn't fit D-Class, that's more of a CI mentality to have. At the same time, it's hard enough for D-Class to get to that point so for them not to capitalize on such an opportunity anymore would be pretty disappointing. I think this is more of an issue regarding breaches as a whole and said issue should be dealt with accordingly without limiting D-Class' potential. I understand and sympathize with your intentions, but I do not think this change will solve the issue at hand. Good suggestion though, made me think.

Bohemia

Oct 23, 2022
- Support
D-Class MUST go to surface and do nothing then get killed by Foundation

Reactions: Niox

ToasterStrudels

Dec 18, 2023
+Support

The goal of a "Escaped" Dclass is to reach surface. But yet none of them ever even try and do so.
It's not even that its simplier to hack out, as both escaping and hacking out need a cl3

Because it's nearly impossible unless nobody is on. I have 54 levels on D-Class and I have not once ever escaped to surface without C.I helping me. I don't think I've EVER seen a D-Class escape to surface without the help of them now that I think about it. There's just way too many obstacles but it's easy to sneak into HCZ if your smart enough. As I said above they should just make a player requirement to breach SCPs as D-Class. Mercer himself even said that in OOC lol.

Geronimo

Jan 29, 2023
United Kingdom
- Support
Ruins D-Class gameplay loop, this is clearly an intended part of the gameplay loop otherwise hacking alerts wouldn't really be a thing

Pupper

Jun 6, 2023
-Support
It doesn't make any sense in RP that D-Class would want to breach SCPs
I think it would be awesome if D-Class were unable to breach SCPs or use SCP-914 for 10 minutes after restart or a minimum amount of players to be able to hack SCPs out to help against the issue of D-Class causing awful breaches after restart

hurts gameplay loop too much

Last edited:

Boris Johnson

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
May 24, 2023
-Support, it's like one of the main goals for a dclass.

Kevin Ki

Dec 7, 2022
Honestly I think just giving access to hacking alerts to other MTFs or Containment Units would solve a majority of the problems. Although I also think they shouldn't be given the protection of being allowed to walk free by the SCP as normally they're dressed like foundation staff.

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
Honestly I think just giving access to hacking alerts to other MTFs or Containment Units would solve a majority of the problems. Although I also think they shouldn't be given the protection of being allowed to walk free by the SCP as normally they're dressed like foundation staff.
CU’s do get it now
Although I don’t think other MTF’s should get it since that’s basically giving every combative one

"Wick"

Sep 5, 2022
-/+neutral id say limit breaches to having 1 breach tool scp MAX, and every other scp that breaches has theirs taken away

Status
Not open for further replies.