Denied Make it FailRP to....

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

'Blue'

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
Kuwait
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Make it FailRP when theres a undercover guy "CI/D-CLASS" and they found out hes a intruder Make it FailRP when they do Electro shoc
therepy to reveal who he is, because it dose not make sence in role play.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
  1. It would make more sence​
  2. It would make RP better​

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
None

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Because it dose not make sence in RP when you do EST to remove there disguse

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
i was going to leave a -support but after reading bubbas comment i decided +support in mrp they cant just est the person the suspect of being a spy can they have to rp it out not just quick est it out 914 disguises are meant to be permanant if someone disguises in 914 you just have to kill them its failrp for foundation people to just run into 914 1:1 anyway

its meant for dclass and ci and random parawatch that gain in rp info of 914 and in mrp they dont just take the lazy way they interogate the spy maybe ask codewords they just dont bring the spy to a medic and do EST and find out if he is disguised or not est is meant for medical treatment not revealing disguises

of course in mrp they have to actually interogate the spy rp it out to find if they are a spy or not they just dont use medical sweps to find out or weapon check them or get 999 to play with them all those ways reveal if the person is a ci or not or a intel agent

MazuzaM

Apr 7, 2022
i was going to leave a -support but after reading bubbas comment i decided +support in mrp they cant just est the person the suspect of being a spy can they have to rp it out not just quick est it out 914 disguises are meant to be permanant if someone disguises in 914 you just have to kill them its failrp for foundation people to just run into 914 1:1 anyway

its meant for dclass and ci and random parawatch that gain in rp info of 914 and in mrp they dont just take the lazy way they interogate the spy maybe ask codewords they just dont bring the spy to a medic and do EST and find out if he is disguised or not est is meant for medical treatment not revealing disguises

of course in mrp they have to actually interogate the spy rp it out to find if they are a spy or not they just dont use medical sweps to find out or weapon check them or get 999 to play with them all those ways reveal if the person is a ci or not or a intel agent
Big difference, on MRP you need to roll when you lie on SCPRP you dont know when someone lying

MazuzaM

Apr 7, 2022
i was not aware of that i change my +support to -support
Also spies ID always has something wrong to recognize them, here the Deep Cover can get matching IDs on MRP that is impossible

"Onion"

Nov 20, 2022
in your walls
Big -Support
This shouldn't be a staff ruling if the person ESTd becomes very much what they are supposed to be. That would just be straight up dumb if you're staring at a d class and can't treat them as such. I agree with what Claire said. You can take them to a bio door or something else to confirm their identity. It would also add some more rp to being captured than just defibing them and seeing what their job is. As to the game mechanic itself: EST is already a kind of silver bullet. It solves anything that "isn't right" like stoneman, cancer, etc. which already doesn't make sense if you want to look at it from an RP standpoint. I feel like a better change for something like this would be to make defibbing someone not reset your job/model in the first place. This goes outside captured CI/D-Class. As a special d class testing, if you go to the book and need EST, it resets your job to a normal d class since you technically did die. It would cause more issues on the coding side when it comes to preserving previous job and model after death but instead of making it FailRP (which doesn't make sense) the mechanic of reviving someone with defibs should be changed. (Also side note it would prevent DCs with a perfect disguise from getting their disguise reset if they died and get revived while maintaining their cover like in an SCP breach)

Acey

Dec 26, 2022
Croatia, Republic of
-SUPPORT
Sorry to put it like so but this is an unnecessary change that would just buff Class-D and CI for no reason - They already have the ability to get a jump on you and gun you down before you can react and that's boring on it's own - This change would literally just make it far harder to sort shit as ISD and for no real purpose.

Also, no real RP can come out of this, it's a dead-end street of the most boring excuses and ISD would probably gun you down in cold blood anyway, just making it pointless. And EST doesn't have to be realistic, just like half the shit in the server isn't - It's called suspending your disbelief.

Torch

Oct 16, 2022
- support
literally the only way to actually determine if someone is disguised or not.
doesnt state the downsides
only upsides are for realism

verybobby

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Oct 10, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Bartholemew alen,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion. Currently, EST is the only way of removing 914 disguises. We are not looking to change this at the moment.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.